Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar
Passive three-channel sound bar (Black Ash)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Built to impress
Sound bars are, generally speaking, designed to blend in. But the elegance of the Heritage Theater Bar is probably going to get noticed. Hand-built in the USA with furniture-grade wood veneers and premium grille cloth, it might even start some conversations. But this sound bar has more going for it than just good looks — it's a Klipsch, after all.
Klipsch's Heritage Theater Bar combines performance and elegance.
Clean, natural sound
Its dedicated left, center, and right channels each feature Klipsch's exclusive Tractrix® horn-loaded titanium LTS tweeters and Cerametallic™ woofers. This translates to remarkable high-end response, greater extension, and lower distortion. You get detailed, dynamic performance and exceptional efficiency.
Show it off
You can certainly place the Heritage Theater Bar on a stand, but let's face it — it's meant to be hung on the wall like the work of art it is. Klipsch makes that easy with a built-in rail mounting system. Attach it to the included wall-mount cleat for a flush, secure connection (and a low-profile way to show off your new sonic stunner).
Complete your home theater system
Most sound bars that we offer are completely self-contained, self-powered speaker systems. The Heritage Theater Bar is special (but we already knew that). It relies on the power (and TV connections) of a separate home theater receiver. In addition to a receiver, you'll definitely want to pick up a powered subwoofer to fill out the low end.
- 3-channel passive home theater sound bar
- separate left, center, and right channels each have:
- 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn with 3/4" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- dual 4" black Cerametallic™ woofers
- non-powered — connects to your home theater receiver's front three channels
- frequency response: 120-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 75 watts (RMS) / 300 watts (peak) per channel
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- three pairs of binding post speaker terminals
- built-in rail for low-profile wall mounting
- handcrafted in Hope, AR with furniture-grade wood veneers
- flexible, removable grille attaches magnetically
- 49-9/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 4"D
- weight: 26 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- LCR passive soundbar loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 3 Brackets
- 6 Rubber feet
- Quick Setup and Mounting Template
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Tweeter||0.75" Tractrix Horn (3)|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||N/A|
|Control by App||N|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||N/A|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||N/A|
|System Frequency Response||95-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||0|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||6-1/4H x 49-9/16W x 4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||26 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
Heritage Theater Bar: The Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar is a passive LCR soundbar speaker that blends the acoustics and classic, nostalgic design legacy of founder Paul W. Klipsch with the most premium materials and latest technologies available today. Assembled in the USA, the Heritage Theater Bar is the perfect combination of sonic performance and architectural elegance.
Note: The Heritage Theater Bar is a passive LCR soundbar speaker and will require a separate AV receiver or amplifier. It does not have its own built-in amplifier.
LCR Design: Leveraging the latest advancements in Klipsch proprietary acoustic technology, the Heritage Theater Bar is able to emit the sonic performance of a three-speaker system, but within a single housing. The Heritage Theater Bar acts as your home theater system's left, center and right channel speakers. Simply connect your AV receiver's left, center, and right channels to the LCR soundbar speaker. You can easily add a powered subwoofer (sold separately) and surround sound speakers (sold separately) for a complete home theater setup.
Horn-Loaded Titanium Tweeters: The Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar utilizes three 0.75" Tractrix horn-load titanium tweeters with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS). The exclusive Tractrix Horn-Loaded Technology and Linear Travel Suspension Titanium Tweeters deliver astonishing high-end response with incredible acoustic extension - all while enhancing imaging and dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: Exclusive Tractrix Horn technology and titanium tweeters deliver impressive high-end response and great extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics, resulting in clean and natural sound reproduction.
- Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) Tweeters: LTS tweeters have been a hallmark for Klipsch, making it a core component of some of the best speakers in the world. A Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance. LTS tweeters have been a hallmark
Cerametallic Woofers: The Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar employs three 4" Cerametallic woofers. These Cerematallic woofers represent the pinnacle of Klipsch driver design, maintaining exceptional rigidity, and lightweight construction, for minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Furniture Grade Wood Veneer Cabinet: The Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar features a furniture grade wood veneer cabinet available in American Walnut or Black Ash.
Spring Post Terminals: The Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar is equipped with three sets of spring post terminals (one set each for the left, center, and right channels. These spring post terminals can accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) or banana plugs (single only). The spring post terminals are located on front of the speaker (hidden behind the front-grille and a foam insert). Your speaker wire is routed through an opening on back of the LCR soundbar speaker to the spring post terminals mounted on the front.
Note: The speaker's left, center, and right spring post terminals will need to be connected to the left, center, and right speaker outputs on your AV receiver or amplifier.
Mounting Options: The Heritage Theater Bar features a built-in rail mounting system and comes with three wall brackets to mount the LCR soundbar speaker to a wall. The built-in mounting rail allows the LCR soundbar speaker to be easily be centered with your wall-mounted TV. It can also simply be placed on a table-top or stand. Its 49.5625" standard length is just the right width to match a typical 55" diagonal TV.
Klipsch Principles: Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. They continue to drive the design of every new Klipsch speaker, today and tomorrow.
- High Efficiency & Low Distortion: Klipsch horn technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion - resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch's Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Klipsch horn technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest sounds are delivered without harshness or distortion - with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- Flat Frequency Response: Audio is delivered without frequency bias - no unnatural highs, mids or lows - reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
Heritage Series (Made in the USA): The Klipsch Heritage Series is built and handmade in the USA at Klipsch's manufacturing facility in Hope Arkansas. Each Heritage Series loudspeaker utilizes Klipsch proprietary horn-loaded technology to bring a live music listening experience into the home. All Heritage Series loudspeakers are available in high-quality wood veneers.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar
Passive three-channel sound bar$2,199.99
Powered home theater sound bar
TV sound bar/wireless music system
PSB Imagine W3
Passive 3-channel home theater sound bar