Sennheiser HDR 175
Extra headset for RS 175 wireless headphone system
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Sennheiser HDR 175 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Grab an extra headset for the Sennheiser RS 175 wireless headphone system and let two people enjoy the same show or movie. Buttons on the right earcup let you enhance soundtracks by choosing from two virtual surround sound modes. There's also a bass boost button. Sennheiser's wireless link technology gives you a listening range of up to 328 feet, and you can pair two headsets to the transmitter at once.
- add-on headset for use only with Sennheiser's RS 165, 175, 185, or 195 wireless headphone systems (sold separately)
- two headsets can be used with a single transmitter
- wireless range: up to 328 feet (line of sight)
- selectable virtual surround sound modes add depth and atmosphere to movies and shows
- dynamic bass boost button increases low-frequency response
- automatic pairing to transmitter for hassle-free operation
- frequency response: 17-22,000 Hz
- includes 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries for the headphones (standard "AAA" may also be used)
- requires transmitter/base-station from RS 175 system for use
- weight: 10.9 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- HDR 175 Over-the-ear wireless headphones (black)
- 2 "AAA" rechargeable batteries (1.2V 820mAh)
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- Compliance Information
The headphones are great. Nice sound with base boost! The only hitch was the directions (or the lack there of) All I needed to do was link two pairs together. A task which took literally 15 seconds once I found out how.
Alan, S Royalton, VT
Sennheiser HDR 175 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The HDR 175 is an additional (or replacement) headset for the Sennheiser RS 175 wireless headphone system. The HDR 175 headphones do not include the necessary transmitter (TR 175), and cannot operate without it.
Headphone Design: The HDR 175 wireless headphones feature a circum-aural (around-the-ear), closed design to significantly reduce background noise. The soft-padded ear cups and headband provide hours of listening comfort. The headphones have controls on the right ear cup: power on/off, volume up, volume down, surround (to activate Virtual Surround Sound), and bass (to activate the Dynamic Bass Boost feature). With the batteries installed, the HDR 175 headphones weigh approximately 10.9 ounces.
Rechargeable Batteries: The headphones are powered by the two included "AAA" rechargeable NiMH batteries (1.2V, 820mAh). The batteries fully charge in approximately 8.5 hours, when placed on the top of the TR 175 transmitter (included with the RS 175 system). Battery life is approximately 18 hours of use. Standard, non-rechargeable "AAA" batteries may be used in the headphones, but the headphones must not be placed on the charging cradle.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode.
- Reception Frequency: 2.4-2.48 GHz
- Modulation: 8-FSK Digital
- Frequency Response: 17Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum SPL: 114 dB at 1 kHz, 3% THD
- THD: < 0.5% at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Earcup Dimensions: Width 3.491" Height 4.176" Depth 2.365"
- Weight: 10.9 oz (with batteries)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Had a old Sony pair that didn't work great but came in really handy at times so decided on an upgrade for a new pair. These can sink up two headsets which my old one didn't do. Now my wife and I can listen at the same time if the kids are playing or watching something in the other room. [ Alan W. Aug 01, 2018 ]
They work fairly well. the only issue I have a problem is that they will not work with lithium batteries.They just shut down. [ Thomas Jun 13, 2018 ]
Have a pair now and want to share the base unit [ Michael Dec 18, 2017 ]
nephew dj picked it [ Kandra Dec 09, 2017 ]
My husband has the RS 175 and I want to piggy back on his system. [ Nancy Mar 19, 2017 ]
After suggestions from Daisy - we thought this was the best way to proceed. We were in need of new headphones. [ LUPE C Feb 14, 2017 ]
Great sound. No static. [ Dennis Jan 21, 2017 ]
A "JayzTwoCents" recommendation. [ Timothy Jan 04, 2017 ]
Well, lets see... I had already added the Sennheiser RS 175 to the cart and my wife was like "What about me?" and I was like "We can share!" and she was like "Yeah, right. You are going to run the battery down and then I will want to use them and they will be dead!" ...so these got added to the cart too. [ Matthew May 24, 2016 ]
A friend showed me his set. [ john Feb 01, 2016 ]