Garmin Edge Explore
GPS cycling computer
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Garmin Edge Explore by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Ride for fun
Not all of us are looking to get a leg up on our fellow riders when we get on a bike, so a cycling computer with advanced training features may be overkill. For those of us who want an accurate and reliable way to see where we are, where we're going, and what we've done, Garmin has created the Edge Explore. This GPS cycling computer's preloaded Garmin Cycle Map
Learn the best routes
Popularity Routing taps into the data gathered by Garmin Connect to find the routes and trails that your fellow riders have grown to love. When you're on a group ride, you can keep tabs on the other riders with GroupTrack — and even use rider-to-rider messaging to let them know your status.
Your loved ones will never worry about you when you have Edge Explore and your smartphone. Pair with your phone and features like live tracking and social media sharing will keep them in the loop. If the worst happens, Incident Detection will notify your contacts if it detects a possible crash. When your ride is done, Edge Explore will automatically transfer ride data to your smartphone, so you can share the details of your rambles with your circle of friends immediately.
Edge Explore works the free apps and widgets you'll find at their Connect IQ™ store. You can track the weather with apps like AccuWeather MinuteCast , or plan your rides on sites like Strava and follow uploaded directions.
Edge Explore is compatible with Garmin's Varia™ cycling lights and sensors, including their smart bike lights and rearview radar system. Add these systems and you'll not only be more visible to motorists, you'll know when cars are overtaking you with a glance at the screen of your computer.
- GPS cycling computer with navigation and smartphone connectivity (iOS® and Android™)
- USB cable and mounting hardware included
- 3" touchscreen display
- customizable display fields
- water resistant (IPX7 standard)
- preloaded basemaps
- Trendline feature finds most popular cycling routes through Garmin Connect
- turn-by-turn navigation
- records up to 200 waypoints/favorites/locations and 100 courses
- compatible with Garmin Varia cycling awareness devices
- Garmin Connect Mobile compatible
- LiveTrack lets friends and family follow your ride
- GroupTrack and rider-to-rider message tracks other riders in your group
- Incident Detection notification of possible crashes
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery allows up to 12 hours use
- optional Garmin Charge power pack extends battery life to 40 hours
- 2-1/4"W x 4-1/8"H x 15/16"D
- weight 4.1 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why did you buy this?
value [ DONNA Sep 17, 2018 ]