Philips Hue BR30 White and Color Ambiance Bulb
Third-generation smart LED flood light bulb for Hue lighting systems
Item # 945468942 | MFR # 468942
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Philips Hue BR30 White and Color Ambiance Bulb by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A full-color smart floodlight bulb
The thing I love most about this floodlight bulb is its versatility. It can provide the standard white light I need for late-night trips to take out the trash, of course. Then when I throw a BBQ or want to set up a holiday display, each bulb can shine in any one of 16 million colors. They're app-controlled, so you can use your smartphone or tablet to control them, and they're very energy-efficient — each bulb lasts approximately 25,000 hours, so you can go years without having to replace one.
Easy remote control
Each BR30 bulb can be individually controlled via the Philips Hue app, or you can set several of them to respond as a group. You'll have the flexibility to have them come on automatically via timer or sync them to music if you're having an outdoor party. They're also compatible with voice commands through Amazon Echo, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit. They're practical and fun.
Part of an expandable Hue system
You can have up to 50 bulbs in your Hue smart lighting system. Mix and match the white bulbs along with other Philips Hue smart lighting products to customize your personal lighting system.
- uses your existing light fixtures — simply replace the bulbs
- sync lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- compatible with:
- approximately 25,000 hours of use for each bulb
- up to 650 lumen brightness depending on color temperature
- rated at 9 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt bulb)
- standard BR30 bulb size
- compatible with IFTTT (IF This Then That) custom recipes
- requires Philips Hue wireless bridge (not included)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Single BR30 white and color ambiance flood light bulb
Philips Hue BR30 White and Color Ambiance Bulb Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White and Color Ambiance BR30 flood light can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system. It is not a standalone item, and must be combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, which includes the wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Light Bulb Specifications: The Hue LED White and Color Ambiance BR30 flood light can be used in most standard light sockets (E26 Edison screw base). It has a BR30 form factor, and is 3.7" at widest point and 5.2" tall. The bulb is rated at 9 watts (0.2W max standby), and has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light in a range from 2000 to 6500 Kelvin. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of 120° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup. The White and Color Ambiance bulb can create over 16 million colors. The lumen output is 650 lm @ 4000K.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps required.)
Friends of Hue: Philips Hue home lighting products work with many third-party devices to make it simpler to operate. Philips Hue works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit, allowing you to control your lights with your voice. The lights also work with some Logitech Harmony remote controls, Samsung SmartThings, and Nest Thermostats and other products. In addition, Philips Hue lighting products can be triggered by certain events through the IFTTT (If This Then That) app.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.