Amplified streaming music system for passive home speakers
Our take on the Sonos Amp by Crutchfield's Emily S.
More power, more possibilities
Do you love the convenient streaming capabilities of Sonos, but want to use your own speakers? The Connect:Amp was the go-to solution for that scenario for years. Now, the new Sonos Amp has even more to offer.
With 125 watts per channel, it has more than double the power of its predecessor. It will easily power a pair of bookshelf speakers in your office, towers in the living room, or outdoor speakers on the deck. It's also a great solution for those architectural speakers in your wall or ceiling.
Music and more — anywhere you want it
Connect your disc player or turntable with a built-in phono preamp to the Amp to enjoy vinyl or CDs — not only on the connected speakers, but also throughout the house, wherever you have a Sonos player. The Amp's HDMI input means the same thing goes for your TV's audio.
Sonos wanted the Amp to be a visual representation of music, so its circle-in-a-square design is reminiscent of turntables, records, and CDs.
And like all Sonos products, the Amp works seamlessly with a host of streaming music services, including Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL. You also have access to thousands of radio stations with TuneIn and iHeartRadio. And if you subscribe to SiriusXM, you can listen to all your favorite programming on any Sonos player in your system.
Want to pick up where you left off in your audiobook or podcast? You can do that, too.
Easy app control
You can use your smartphone or tablet to control any and all Sonos components in your system. Download the free app to turn your mobile device into a full-fledged Sonos controller. Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an internet radio station. Create customized playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback over your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos Amp has AirPlay® 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Thoughts from Morgan — Crutchfield Commercial Design Specialist
"We are very excited about the new Sonos Amp because of upgrades like HDMI connectivity, Airplay 2, and additional power. This version is also clearly designed with the professional installer in mind — it's rack-mountable with a clean, black finish that looks great when installed with other components. And I like that it can output in mono for installations where speakers are too far apart for true stereo sound."
Sonos will work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or, you can connect the Amp to your network router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance.
- Class D amplifier provides 125 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated Sonos wireless network
- dedicated network requires direct connection from Sonos component to router via Ethernet cable
- control with free Sonos app on your Apple® or Android™ device
- supports MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, and Ogg Vorbis files
- stream from online music services including Pandora, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, SiriusXM, and Tidal (subscription required for some services)
- stream internet radio stations from TuneIn and iHeartRadio
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming from compatible Apple devices and computers running iTunes®
- play the same music in multiple zones simultaneously or different music in each zone
- front-panel controls for volume, play/pause, previous/next track
- 2-port Ethernet switch
- powers your architectural, outdoor, floor-standing, or bookshelf speakers
- binding-post speaker terminals
- capable of stereo or dual mono output
- auto-detecting mono RCA subwoofer output
- user-adjustable 50-110 Hz crossover
- analog stereo RCA input
- allows connection of an audio component such as a CD player or turntable with a built-in phono preamp
- can connect to a TV
- HDMI input (ARC)
- optical digital input supported (with adapter, sold separately)
- 8-9/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 8-9/16"D
- weight: 4.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee