Wireless motion and open/close sensor
- combined motion sensor and open/close sensor for doors and windows
- Pathlight feature gives you a night light when you walk past Detect in the dark
- push the button to temporarily disarm the sensor for quick departure
- 54° field of view detects motion up to 15 feet away
- mounting hardware included
- required CR123 battery included
- 0.9"L x 0.8"W x 3.2"H
- weight: 1.26 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Nest Detect sensor (with adhesive mount)
- Nest Detect magnet (with adhesive mount)
- 3 Spare adhesive mounting strips (2 large / 1 small)
- Corner backplate (with adhesive mount)
- Long self-tapping screw (length 1")
- Short self-tapping screw (length 7/16")
- User's Guide
- Set Up with the Nest App sheet
As usual, Nest does it right. A security alarm that covers all the bases, but also gives you the option of no monitoring fee.
George, Omaha, NE
Nest Detect Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Nest Detect is a combination motion sensor and door/window sensor. When used alone, Nest Detect can sense when someone walks nearby (54° field of view up to 15 feet). Used with the included Open-close Magnet, Detect can sense when a door or window opens or closes. Each Detect and open-close magnet has a strong adhesive backing and corner bracket for easy mounting. It has a button and a light that shows the device's status when pressed. The Nest Detect is not a standalone item; it must be used with the Nest Guard as part of the Nest Secure system. You can add up to 20 Nest Detect sensors to your Secure system. Nest Detect must be placed within 50 feet of Nest Guard. Dimensions:
- Detect: Width 0.803" Length 3.167" Depth 0.879", Weight 1.26 ounces
- Magnet: Width 0.407" Length 1.322" Depth 0.438", Weight 0.35 ounces
Placement: The Nest Detect and the magnet can be placed on a door or window to sense when it is opened or closed. Without the magnet, the Detect can be placed on a door or wall to detect motion when someone walks nearby. For the best motion detection range, the Detect should be mounted between 5 feet and 6 feet 4 inches from the floor. Flat surface and corner brackets are included for mounting the Detect.
Battery Power: The Nest Detect has a user-replaceable CR123A 3-volt Lithium battery. The Nest app will notify you when the battery needs replacing.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by David Brown
Most home security systems require monthly fees and professional installation. But the Nest Secure starter pack promises easy set up, a streamlined app, and no subscription. Does it deliver? Our...
Why did you buy this?
Small arm factor [ Sudhanshu Jun 16, 2018 ]
Looking good and small form factor [ Sudhanshu Jun 13, 2018 ]
I chose this system because of how flexible it is. I'd rather pay more up front and pay a lower monthly payment- this system should cost as much or less than one of the "free installation" systems that gouge you on a monthly basis. [ Clinton May 07, 2018 ]
Seamless integration with Nest Secure. [ Jeffrey Apr 20, 2018 ]