Boston Acoustics HSi 475T2
Stereo-input in-wall speaker
Our take on the Boston Acoustics HSi 475T2 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Stereo playback from a single speaker
If you want rich, detailed music, but your space is tight, check out Boston's HSi-475T2. This in-wall, stereo-input speaker uses a dual-tweeter design to deliver both channels of the stereo mix without having to install a pair of speakers.
The HSi-475T2 is perfect for kitchens, hallways, or any other room where you want music from a single in-wall location. You'll enjoy crisp bass response from the 6-1/2" woofer, and smooth highs from the two 1" soft-dome tweeters. A discreet design and paintable grille let it easily blend in with your room.
- stereo-input speaker plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- dual 1" Kortec® soft-dome tweeters
- 6-1/2" Deep Channel® woofer for solid bass response
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 10-125 watts
- frequency response: 52-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms (each input)
- paintable magnetic grille
- cutout dimensions: 7-3/8"W x 10"H
- overall dimensions: 8-13/16"W x 11-9/16"H
- mounting depth: 3-1/2"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Mounting bracket
- Self-adhesive "Boston" logo decal
- Paint shield
- Scrim cloth
- Hole Cuttiing Template
- Installation Instructions
- Product Registration Card
- Disposal note
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||7.375 x 10|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-125|
|Bi-Amp Inputs||Stereo input|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Stereo Driver Design: The Boston Horizon HSi 475T2 in-wall speaker utilizes a stereo driver design, featuring two 1" Kortec soft-dome tweeters for crisp, high frequencies and a dual voice-coil 6.5" DCD copolymer woofer for accurate midrange/midbass performance.
- Two 1" Kortec Soft-Dome Tweeters: Boston's exclusive Kortec tweeter utilizes a silk-like dome backed by a stiff material to provide smooth high-frequency reproduction and stability at high volume levels.
- Dual Voice-Coil 6.5" DCD Copolymer Woofer: The Deep Channel Design (DCD) woofer uses a deeply grooved pole plate that enables the voice coil to travel farther for greater output without bottoming out. The woofer cone is made of a copolymer material with a butyl rubber surround for solid midbass performance.
Stereo Inputs: The HSi 475T2 can be used to play stereo from a single location when there is not room in the wall for a pair of speakers. There are spring-post terminals for both left and right channels. These two inputs feed the two separate tweeters and the woofer's two voice coils. The result is stereo sound in a location where you only want to mount one speaker. The two sets of spring-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) and banana plugs (single or dual).
- There is a jumper wire on the back of the speaker which needs to connected to the "Dual Input Setting" connector on the back of the speaker, if you are going to use the HSi 475T2 as a single stereo speaker. Out of the box, the jumper wire is connected to the "Single Input Setting" connector for mono operation.
- You will need to connect both sets of binding post terminals to your amplifier (one to the right channel and one to the left channel), when using the HSi 475T2 as a single stereo speaker. You only need to connect one set of binding post terminals (labeled "Input A") to your amplifier when using the HSi 475T2 as a mono speaker.
- Configured as a single stereo speaker and using both inputs, the HSi 475T2 is rated at 8-ohms. Configured as a mono speaker and only using one input, the HSi 475T2 is rated at 4-ohms.
Direct & Diffuse Operating Modes: When using the HSi 475T2 as a surround speaker, it can be configured in either direct or diffuse mode (switch found on front baffle behind the grille). In direct mode, the speaker has an even dispersion pattern in all directions. In diffuse mode, a "null" is created at the base of the speaker.
Reduced Bezel Design with Magnetic Grille: Boston's unique slim bezel design provides interior designers and consumers the look that blends with a room's distinctive design. The slim bezel design also offers an installer-friendly wide mounting flange to cover any imperfections in the cutout hole and magnetic grilles for easy finish work.
Note: Both the frame and grille can be painted to match the wall. A plastic paint mask is included to protect the speaker from being painted as well.
In-wall Installation: The Boston Horizon HSi 475T2 installs in a 8.8125" (w) x 11.5625" rectangular cutout opening. The required depth to install the in-wall speaker is 3.5" from the mounting surface. Behind the opening there must be a 1.5" clearance around the top and bottom of the cutout and speaker to accommodate the included mounting bracket. The mounting bracket secures the speaker tightly in place. The wall material should be at least 1/4" thick.
- If the HSi 475T2 is going to be used as the only speaker in a small or midsize room, hallway, or bathroom, position the speaker as close to the center of the room as possible. This will allow the speaker to provide the most even distribution of sound.
- The NCB6 new-construction bracket (sold separately) can be used to simplify installation in new construction.
IR Sensor Knockout: The HSi 475T2 in-wall speaker has a knockout molded into the speaker baffle that will accommodate standard 0.5" diameter infrared (IR) sensor.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
great brand AND stereo input. [ CHRIS Apr 10, 2018 ]