Etymotic Research HF5
Noise-isolating in-ear headphones
Item # 255HF5BLK | MFR # ER5-BLACK (HF5)
This item is no longer available.
- in-ear headphones with clear, accurate sound
- single balanced armature ACCU-drivers for greater accuracy across a wide-frequency range
- tuned for neutral sound
- offer 35-42dB of noise attenuation
- deep, earplug-style fit greatly reduces outside noise
- 48" reinforced cable
- includes three pairs of ACCU-Fit™ ear tips
- 2 sizes of triple-flange silicone tips
- 1 pair of foam tips
- carrying case
- User-replaceable filters to protect the drivers
- wax removal tool included
- frequency response: 20-15,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 105 dB
- impedance: 16 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ear headphones with attached 48" cable (3.5mm plug)
- 2 Pairs of 3-flange ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 1 Pair of foam ear tips
- Clothing clip
- 2 Pairs of ACCU-Filter wax filters (1 pair installed)
- Filter removal tool
- Zippered storage pouch
- User Manual
- "Important" sheet
Etymotic Research HF5 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||20-15k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Etymotic Research hf5 in-ear headphones offer excellent sound quality and noise isolation. The headphones come with a variety of ear tips for superb noise isolation, a clothing clip, wax filters, and a zippered storage pouch.
Balanced-Armature Drivers: The hf5 earphones use high-performance, precision matched ACCU-Driver balanced-armature drivers to achieve a high 105 dB SPL sensitivity, and an 85% response accuracy from 20 Hz to 15 kHz.
Noise Isolation: The hf5s have a closed-back design and noise-isolating ear tips to achieve a 98% reduction (35dB to 42dB) in ambient noise. The 3-flange silicone ear tips work with most sizes of ear canals to ensure a comfortable fit and a proper seal. The foam ear tips are heat-sensitive and will expand inside your ear canals to perfectly form to the contours of your ear to block out ambient noise. The earphones also come with an option for custom-fit earpieces.
Cable: The hf5 earphones have an attached 48" cable with an angled 3.5mm plug. There is no in-line remote or microphone on this model. (The Etymotic hf3 is identical to the hf5, but adds a microphone and 3-button remote for controlling music and phone calls.)
ACCU-Filter: The Etymotic earphones are equipped with special ACCU-Filter wax filter to smooth the frequency response and prevent earwax from entering the earphones. The filters are placed at the end of the ear bud nozzle, and should be changed when they become clogged with ear wax. A filter removal tool is included in the package.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 15kHz
- Accuracy Score: 85%
- Impedance: 16 Ω (at 1 kHz)
- Sensitivity: 105 dB SPL (at 1 kHz / 0.1v)
- Maximum Output: 120 dB
- Noise Isolation: 35-42 dB
- Ear Bud Dimensions: Diameter 0.277" Depth 1.165"
- Weight: 0.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.