Shoe mount flash for select Fujifilm cameras
Item # 072EF20 | MFR # 600011701
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Fujifilm EF-20 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
The EF-20 hot shoe flash works with select Fujifilm cameras to improve the look of your flash photography. This powerful-yet-compact add-on flash lets you shoot in low-light conditions from far greater distances than your camera's built-in flash will allow. Plus, you get the added ability to direct light where you need it for more professional-looking photos.
The EF-20's flash head can be tilted upward at multiple angles to create indirect lighting effects. Bounced from walls or ceilings, reflected light provides softer illumination with less glare and fewer shadows ideal for taking more pleasing portraits.
All of the necessary connections are made by simply mounting the flash to your camera's accessory shoe. With advanced automatic exposure control, this easy-to-use flash works together with your Fujifilm camera to provide just the right illumination for your photos every time.
- TTL (through-the-lens) flash exposure control
- fully automatic operation with select Fujifilm cameras, including the X100 and HS20EXR
- multi-position tilt flash head (tilts up from horizontal to 45, 60, 75, and 90 degrees)
- hot shoe folds into flash body for more convenient storage
- guide number: 20 (ISO, m/ft)
- color temperature: approx. 5,600K
- approximate number of flashes:
- alkaline: 200
- NiMH: 280
- recycling time:
- alkaline: 5 sec.
- NiMH: 4 sec.
- uses 2 "AA" batteries (not included)
- weight: 3.53 oz. (without batteries)
- 2-7/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 3-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Flash unit
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty booklet
- Fujifilm Digital Camera Worldwide Network sheet
The EF-20 is a handy addition to my x100 for fill flash as well as bounce flash indoors. It is light and easy to take along in the camera bag. Triple A batteries are easy to get and carry as backups too. I am very pleased with this purchase.
LMN, Berlin CT
Fujifilm EF-20 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Fujifilm EF-20 is a shoe mount flash unit for use with Fujifilm cameras equipped with an accessory hot shoe, including the FinePix X100 and FinePix HS20.
Bounce Flash: The EF-20 can be used for direct flash (0°) or pointed upward for bounce lighting. Bounce flash can produce softer, more natural shadows in your photographs than direct flash. The light-emitting section of the flash can be aimed upward, with stops at 45°, 60°, 75°, and 90°.
Wide Panel: When using a wide-angle lens, the flash may not cover all of the area being photographed. In this case, the flip-down wide panel should be used to diffuse the light to a wider area. Without the wide panel, the flash usually covers an area with a focal length up to 32mm. The wide panel makes the flash compatible with a focal length of up to 24mm.
Controls and Indicators: The EF-20 has the following controls and indicators:
- Ready Lamp: The ready lamp lights steadily whenever the flash is ready to fire. Pressing the ready lamp activates a test firing.
- EV Adjust: The EV Adjust lets you fine adjust the brightness level of the flash. If the picture is too bright or too dark, you can adjust the brightness in 5 steps from -1 EV to + 1 EV.
- TTL Effective Range: Using TTL (through the lens) flash exposure control, the selected EV adjustment indicator lights for about 3 seconds after the flash fires to indicate the subject is within the effective range.
Power Requirements: The EF-20 is powered by 2 "AA" batteries (not included). You can use either alkaline, Lithium, or Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries. The number of flashes and recycling time for each battery type is as follows:
|Number of Flashes |
|Recycling Time |
|2 "AA" Alkaline batteries||Approx. 200||Approx. 5 seconds|
|2 "AA" NiMH batteries||Approx. 280||Approx. 4 seconds|
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.