Visor-mountable Bluetooth® speaker system
From JBL: Trip Visor Mount Bluetooth Speaker System
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 109TRIP | MFR # Trip
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JBL Trip by Crutchfield's Alexander H.
The JBL Trip's visor clip makes it a universal fit.
Short term or long haul
The JBL Trip is an indispensible driving companion. I've had my fair share of low-budget cars that were "not long for this world." When catastrophic automotive failure is on the horizon, the last thing you want to do is invest in a new car stereo and speakers. With the Trip, JBL gives you a powerful, rechargeable battery-operated Bluetooth speaker that you can clip onto your visor, and when you want to switch cars....by gosh, you just take it out. It's perfect for rental cars, and just about anything with a visor. Plus, you can easily remove the clip mount, giving you a portable Bluetooth speaker that holds a whopping 8-hour charge for music playback. So, stream away!
Hands-free is the way to be
Maybe you like your factory stero just fine, but it doesn't have Bluetooth. In some states, hands-free phone use is required, so the JBL Trip with its built-in, high quality microphone is a simple solution. JBL's exclusive Voice Cancellation technology has mercy on whomever you're calling by reducing road, wind noise, and echoes for the cleanest sound possible. If you need a quick, quality Bluetooth audio solution, the Trip is it.
- visor-mount Bluetooth® speaker
- built-in Bluetooth 3.0 and microphone for hands-free calling and music streaming from your compatible device
- hear navigation and advance driver assist system prompts from smartphone
- supports Siri® and Google Now
- removable clip for attaching to vehicle visor
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 8 hours for music streaming and 20 hours for call time (standby time up to 800 hours)
- USB mini input for charging
- USB Type A to USB mini charging cable included
- frequency range: 160-20,000 Hz
- 5-3/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 1-3/8"D
- weight: 8.1 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker/microphone
- Mounting bracket
- 12" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
Excelente sonido, muy buena conectividad. Una gran compra.
Luis, Miami, FL
JBL Trip Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Bluetooth Portable Kit: The JBL Trip is a Bluetooth portable kit that can be used in the vehicle and in the home or office. Its perfect for those business and road trips where you need Bluetooth in your rental car and in your hotel room.
Bluetooth 3.0: The JBL Trip features Bluetooth version 3.0 with support for Bluetooth profiles HFP v1.6, HSP v1.2, A2DP v1.3, and AVRCP v1.5. The JBL Trip supports wireless audio streaming and hands-free communication, as well as voice recognition assistance and navigation voice prompts via Bluetooth.
- Hands-Free Communication: The JBL Trip features a built-in noise & echo canceling microphone so you can use it as a hands-free speaker phone for your Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, Blackberry, and more. Use the Trip to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. Pressing the mic button will activate the voice command feature of your smartphone (if applicable), so you can make phone calls. You will continue to use your Bluetooth smartphone to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Wireless Music Streaming: The JBL Trip streams stored music and music apps wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac laptop/computer and more. You are able to control basic playback functions like Play/Pause from the Trip speaker. Other playback functions & song/artist information will still be done from your Bluetooth audio device.
- Voice Recognition Assistance: The JBL Trip supports Siri for iPhone & Google Now for Android via Bluetooth. Activate your iPhone or Android phone's digital assistant by simply pressing the mic button.
- Navigation Voice Prompts: Navigation and ADAS apps wirelessly, send safety and turn prompts via Bluetooth to the JBL Trip; simultaneously, you can continue to listen to your factory radio for local newscasts or traffic updates.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JBL Trip.
Noise Cancellation Technology: Harman's exclusive Noise Cancellation technology allows for crystal clear phone calls even with road and wind noise in traffic.
Full-Range Driver: The JBL Trip features a single 1.5" full-range driver powered by a built-in 3.2W amplifier. The Trip offers a frequency response of 160Hz to 20kHz with a signal-to-noise ratio of 80dB.
Mounting Bracket: The JBL Trip comes with a mounting bracket which magnetically attaches to the Bluetooth speaker and the clips onto your vehicle's sun-visor.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Trip features a built-in Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery (3.8V, 1200mAh) that provides up to 8 hours of wireless music streaming, 20 hours of talk-time, and 800 hours of standby time. The Trip is fitted with a microUSB port and comes with a 12" microUSB-to-USB cable to aid in charging the built-in battery. The battery can be recharged from a 3rd party USB/AC power adapter (sold separately) or a free USB port on your computer.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed a portable blue tooth for hands free calls for a gift - the ability to switch from car to car was a selling point along with the JBL brand recognition. [ Doreen Dec 09, 2017 ]
older car that does not have blureooth [ Mark Nov 27, 2016 ]
Known quality of Jbl [ David Jun 04, 2016 ]
Need a good decent speaker for my vehicle. [ Greg Mar 19, 2016 ]
I needed a portable, bluetooth-enabled speaker for my older car. This was a perfect fit, and it offers JBL quality, so that's a huge bonus. [ E Mar 14, 2016 ]
We bought this for our daughters use in her car for hands free and are very pleased with its performance. Bought this one for my wife's vehicle. [ Douglas Mar 13, 2016 ]
I wanted a quick way to add solid hands-free calling to my 2006 Porsche Boxster without modifying any stock components. I've had bad luck with hands-free calling on the Jabra Freeway. [ PAUL Jan 31, 2016 ]
will look great in my truck. cost, wireless and hopefully great sound quality. [ EDWARD Jan 08, 2016 ]
good sound [ WILLIAM Dec 16, 2015 ]
Carson told me about this. My car has no Bluetooth and this works perfectly with my phone. [ Chris Dec 09, 2015 ]
Affordable [ Nina Dec 05, 2015 ]