Weather-resistant 5-1/4" 2-way surface-mount speaker with IP-addressable PoE networking (White)
Our take on the SoundTube IPD-SM500i-II by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
An active, weather-resistant surface-mount speaker
The SoundTube IPD-SM500i-II looks like a regular wall-mountable outdoor speaker, but it has some cool tricks up its sleeve. This speaker receives power, signal, and control data from the SoundTube STNet Switch (sold separately) via an Ethernet cable. It features a 5-1/4" poly woofer and ferrofluid-cooled 1" convex titanium tweeter in a weather-resistant enclosure, so you can install it indoors or out.
Versatile mounting options
Many surface-mount speakers are locked in one position once they're installed. A clever mounting system lets the SoundTube SM500i-II pivot horizontally and vertically after you've installed it, so you can aim the speaker where sound is needed most.
Get a free system design
- weather-resistant 5-1/4" poly woofer and ferrofluid-cooled 1" convex titanium tweeter
- IP-addressable, self-powered (PoE) speaker
- BroadBeam Ring™ technology for wide off-axis performance
- 100° x 100° coverage area
- injection-molded, glass fiber reinforced ABS enclosure
- power handling: accepts 40 watts continuous program power from STNet Switch (sold separately)
- built-in transformer for use with 70-volt commercial systems
- power taps at 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64 watts
- frequency response: 86-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
- maximum SPL: 98 dB
- pivoting mount lets you aim the speaker
- mounting gear and Euroblock connector included
- aluminum grille with powder-coated finish
- 8-3/8"W x 11-7/16"H x 10-1/2"D
- weight: 9.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One surface-mount speaker
- Mounting bracket
- Two 5/8" Phillips-head screws
- 5mm Allen key
- Rubber tap switch cover (installed on front of speaker)
- 10" Safety cable
- Installation instructions
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|System Frequency response||86-22k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Soundtube IPD-SM500i-II is a Dante-addressable surface mount speaker featuring a 5.25" woofer and a 1" tweeter mounted in a ported enclosure. Designed for both indoor and damp outdoor applications, the speaker features the new Stealth bracket mounting system, full frequency dispersion pattern, and a high driver sensitivity, making it ideal for music and paging in retail, amusement parks, airports, hotels, schools, and many other applications.
Two-Way Driver Design: The IPD-SM500i-II features a 5.25" woofer, with polypropylene cone and butyl rubber surround, and a coaxially mounted 1" convex titanium tweeter with FerroFluid cooling. Utilizing Soundtube's BroadBeam Ring technology, the speaker offers a consistent dispersion pattern up to 10 kHz for maximum coverage area per speaker.
Enclosure: Available in black or white, the speaker features Soundtube's patented ZeroReflection enclosure technology for optimal sound reproduction and cabinet rigidity. The ported enclosure is constructed of injection-molded, glass-reinforced ABS along with a powder-coated aluminum grill.
Dante Powered: The Dante networking system utilizes PoE (Power over Ethernet) to provide low-latency digital audio, control, and power via a standard CAT5 or CAT6 cable which plugs into the RJ45 port on the rear panel. Up to 40 watts of power per speaker are provided by a Soundtube STNet-Switch (sold separately), or they can be connected to Standard PoE plus and PoE switches. Since the speaker is IP addressable, setup and configuration is all be done via software. A rear-panel barrel connector socket allows the speaker to be powered from an optional 24 VDC power supply (sold separately) when used in non-PoE installations.
Mounting Bracket: The IPD-SM500i-II utilizes Soundtube's new Stealth bracket mounting system which allows the speaker to pivot vertically and horizontally. This includes a mounting bracket that, once attached to the wall, allows the speaker's spring-loaded attachment piece to simply slide into the mounting bracket and lock in place by twisting the speaker. This low profile design keeps the speaker close to the wall and allows it to be easily adjusted without the need for tools. A 10" safety cable that attaches to the rear of the speaker is included.
- Speaker Type: 5.25", coaxial, surface-mount, ported, Dante-enabled
- Woofer: 5.25" Polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround
- Tweeter: 1" Convex titanium with Waveguide
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 86Hz - 22kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 60Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum SPL: 98dB
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 2kHz): 75˚ horizontal / 90˚ vertical
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 10kHz): 120˚ horizontal / 125˚ vertical
- Coverage Angle (Avg. 2 to 10kHz): 100˚ horizontal / 100˚ vertical
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- Enclosure Material: Injection-molded ABS, glass fiber reinforced
- Grill: Aluminum with powder-coat finish
- Input: RJ45
- Dimensions: Width - 11.50", Height - 8.375", Depth - 8.250"
- Weight: 9.5 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Weather-resistant 5-1/4" 2-way surface-mount speaker with IP-addressable PoE networking$585.00 each
JBL Control® 23-1
3" 2-way surface mount speaker for distributed audio systems
6-1/2" 2-way weather-resistant outdoor speaker$330.00 each
Passive indoor/outdoor subwoofer