Vanguard Dynamics Vail Amp
In-wall stereo amplifier for integrating Amazon Echo Dot
Our take on the Vanguard Dynamics Vail Amp by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Integrate the Echo Dot into your custom-installed audio system
The innovative Vail Amp from Vanguard Dynamics lets you turn a wired multi-room audio system into a modern "smart" system with convenient voice control, using your Amazon Echo Dot (not included) as the music source. Its 30-watt x 2 amplifier powers your in-wall or in-ceiling speakers, for way better sound than the Dot's internal speaker can produce.
Multi-room audio and voice control
You can use multiple Vail Amps (and Echo Dots) to create a whole-home system with voice control. You can tell Alexa to play different music in each room, streaming Alexa-friendly services like Spotify and Amazon Music Unlimited via Wi-Fi®. With an Echo Dot in each room, you get manual push-button control and voice control over the system, without having to run a lot of wire or infrared repeaters. You can even go a little bit old-school and use it as an intercom system.
The Vail Amp mounts your Dot in an attractive in-wall dock, where it doubles as a "local" in-wall volume control for that room. You can make the installation match your decor with the included paintable trim plate. An included wall plate module contains input connections for a local source like a TV, and an output for adding a powered subwoofer.
Some suggestions about how to integrate the Amazon Echo Dot and Vail Amp into your home sound system.
- 2 x 30-watt stereo amplifier drives up to two pairs of speakers
- powers Amazon Echo Dot and one pair of passive speakers (not included)
- 4- or 8-ohm output
- attractive single-gang wall plate with input, output, and power connections
- CAT-5 cable and 16-gauge power cable included to connect wall plate module and amplifier
- paintable snap-on trim cover for mounting Echo Dot
- 3.5mm audio input for Amazon Echo Dot
- RJ-45 connector for wall plate module
- left and right speaker output terminals
Wall Plate Connections:
- stereo analog RCA input
- mono RCA analog subwoofer output
Dimensions and Warranty:
- amplifier: 5-1/8" diameter x 2-5/8" depth
- amplifier cutout: 4-1/2"
- Echo Dot trim plate: 5-1/4" x 5-1/4"
- input/output wall plate: 2-13/16"W x 4-9/16"H x 2-1/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee