Monitor Audio C265-FX
In-ceiling bipole/dipole surround sound speaker
- ideal for an overhead surround effects channel in a home theater system
- dipole/bipole switch offers easy toggling between surround modes
- dipole: gives you diffuse sound, ideal for when the speaker is placed to the side of the listening area
- bipole: more direct sound, better for when the speaker is placed behind the listening area
- dual 1" gold dome C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeters for detailed sound
- tweeters fire sound in different directions for wraparound sound effects
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" C-CAM woofer for smooth midrange and tight bass response
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 20-85 watts
- frequency response: 60-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable magnetic steel grille
- cutout diameter: 8-1/4"
- overall diameter: 9-13/16"
- mounting depth: 5-7/8"
- weight: 4.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cutout Template
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-85|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Monitor Audio C265-FX in-ceiling speaker utilizes a two-way driver design, featuring two 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeters and a 6.5" C-CAM cone woofer. Engineered for excellent detail resolution and full-range sound, the C265-FX will deliver great sound as a surround channel in-ceiling speaker.
- Dual 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeters: The gold dome tweeters are formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. The new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- 6.5" C-CAM Cone Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacturing, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Dipole or Bipole Modes: The Monitor Audio C265-FX in-ceiling speaker features surround mode selection of dipole (diffuse sound) or bipole (direct sound) operation for super-discreet home theater sound. A switch on the front baffle behind the grille is provided to select between bipole or dipole operation, dependant on system installation. This enhances the whole movie experience when used in a 5.1 or 7.1 channel system.
High Frequency Level Control: A HF (High Frequency) level adjustment aids in high frequency performance. With the High Frequency Level Control set to "0", the in-ceiling speaker will give you a neutral sound. Switching to the "+3db" setting will give the high frequencies a boost, giving you more clarity and presence in the treble. If you want more prominence in the bass frequencies, switch to the "-3db" setting. The HF level adjustment switch is located on front of the baffle behind the grille.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio C265-FX is outfitted with two gold-plated spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (sing/dual), and angled pin-connectors.
"Trimless" Magnetic Grille: The C265-FX in-ceiling speaker features a steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true "trimless", stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes and provides 3x the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
- Cutout Size: 8.3125" (diameter)
- Mounting Depth: 5.9375"
- Ceiling Thickness: 0.25" to 2.5"
Protective Covers: The Monitor Audio C265-FX features a dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
They cannot be "focused" beyond the orientation they are mounted. The Monitor Audio C265-FX features a dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover. So, yes, they can be mounted without any enclosure and surrounded by insulation. [ Ryan Apr 04, 2018 ] Staff