Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-RX100 VI
20.1-megapixel compact camera with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-RX100 VI - The camera's 24-200mm zoom lenses can capture wide shots and close-ups
Item # 158RX100M6 | MFR # DSCRX100M6/B
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-RX100 VI by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Sony does it again
Sony's RX100 Series cameras pack a lot of imaging power into a compact, highly portable body. These little cameras have been a big deal in the world of photography enthusiasts since they first came out — in fact, the original RX100 is still highly regarded. The updated RX100 VI shares the same large 1" sensor and blazing-fast processor as its predecessors, but this latest update gets a new lens with more zoom versatility and a few next-level movie-recording features.
The compact Sony RX100 VI is great for snapping candid portraits on the fly.
The RX100 VI's Fast Hybrid autofocus system can lock onto your subject in as little as .03 seconds, and it can do an astonishing 24 frames per second of continuous shooting at full resolution. Powerful tracking performance gives you clear, sharp action photos and smooth videos at up to 4K resolution.
Outstanding 4K video quality
The RX100 VI records video in Full HD and 4K. When shooting 4K, the camera collects around 1.7 times as much information as required for basic 4K movie output. This "oversampling" results in outstanding resolution.
Videographers, this camera gives you S-Log3 and S-Log2 gamma curves to support color grading in post-production. And a new HLG profile means that movies played on an HDR/HLG compatible TV don't need color grading. A clean HDMI output sends uncompressed movie data to an external recorder or monitor. You can keep recording internally to the camera even when using this function.
Slow down time
The RX100 VI's zippy processing lets you take high-speed photos and slow-motion video. You can freeze objects in motion with electronic shutter speeds up to 1/32,000 seconds, or slow down time with 40X super-slow-motion HD video capability. You can capture fleeting moments like fireworks bursting in midair, or a butterfly flapping its wings, and watch the action unfold in ways you've never seen before.
The RX100 VI's 24-200mm zoom lens gives you a useful zoom range to work with. Specialized lens elements ensure high resolution images at any focal length. Large maximum apertures throughout the zoom range enable fast, blur-free shooting and lovely background defocusing. A lens-mounted control ring gives you added command over manual controls and lets you adjust different features and functions. Smooth, quiet operation lets you use the control ring while shooting video as well.
Add functionality with your phone
Sony's PlayMemories Mobile app lets you use your mobile device to control shooting and instantly transfer photos and videos shot on the RX100 VI to your phone or tablet for easy uploading and sharing.
NFC touch pairing is available for compatible Android™ devices, and new QR code compatibility lets you quickly pair devices without NFC. Location Information Link via Bluetooth lets you record location data with the correct date and time on still images.
- 20.1-megapixel effective recording
- bright f/2.8-4.5 24-200mm (35mm equivalent) ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- large 1" (13.2 x 8.8mm) Exmor RS® back-illuminated CMOS sensor for low noise and exceptional sensitivity
- BIONZ X™ image processor for high-resolution, low-noise photos and fast autofocus performance
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, and Memory Stick® PRO Duo media
- up to 24 frames per second continuous shooting at full resolution
- high-resolution 3" LCD screen (1.2 million dots) tilts 180 degrees upward or 90 degrees downward to allow for easy self-portrait framing and composition from difficult angles
- 2.4-million-dot pop-up OLED viewfinder
- 4K Ultra HD video recording
- uncompressed, clean HDMI output (cable not included) supports 4K and full HD
- supports HDR movie production with S-Log3 and S-Log2 gamma curves
- up to 40X super-slow-motion video recording
- shutter speed range: 30-1/2,000 seconds, bulb
- up to 1/32,000 seconds with electronic shutter; for clear fast-action photos and slow motion video
- variable ISO settings from ISO 125-12,800
- Wi-Fi lets you transfer photos and video to smartphones and tablets for easy sharing
- NFC touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- Location Information Link via Bluetooth allows the camera to record location information through the free PlayMemories Mobile app
- PlayMemories Camera Apps let you add new camera functions and capabilities
- manual control ring can be assigned to control different functions, including zoom, aperture value, and picture effects
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization minimizes image blur and camera shake
- face detection and subject tracking improve portraits and keep moving subjects in focus for sharper photos
- Fast Hybrid AF system for fast, precise autofocus
- 315 phase-detection AF points cover 65% of the frame; 25 contrast AF points
- High-density Tracking AF Technology concentrates AF points around a subject to improve tracking and focus accuracy
- 13 scene modes (including Macro, Night Portrait, Landscape and more) for accurately exposed images in different shooting environments
- AF-A mode automatically switches between single area and continuous autofocus modes in different shooting conditions
- Picture Effect modes like Soft Focus and Retro Photo let you add creative touches (13 still image effects, 7 movie effects)
- Sweep Panorama mode stitches images together to create expansive vistas
- digital level gauge helps you line your shots up evenly
- built-in flash
- includes NP-BX1/M8 battery, AC adapter, micro USB cable, and wrist strap
Connections and Dimensions:
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- high-speed micro USB interface
- 4"W x 2-3/8"H x 1-11/16"D
- weight (with battery and memory card): 10.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (black)
- NP-BX1 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.6V / 4.5 Wh / 1240 mAh)
- AC-UUD12 AC Adapter (DC output: 5V / 1.5A)
- 24" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on the other end)
- Wrist strap
- 2 Strap adapters (for optional shoulder strap)
- Instruction Manual (English)
- Instruction Manual (Fren/Span)
- Reference Guide
- Recording 4K Movies With This Product
- Wi-Fi Connection/One-touch (NFC) Guide (Eng)
- Warranty Sheet
- Registration sheet
- Accessories brochure
Perfect point and shoot. High quality photos and great 4K video and great zoom all in all small form factor. Would be perfect with GPS and I plug in for a decent mic. Maybe in the vii.
John, Mercer Island, WA
Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-RX100 VI Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-200mm|
Memory Stick PRO Duo + PRO-HG Duo |
|Image Stabilization||Optical + Digital|
|Highest Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||10.7|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Tiltable 3" LCD Touch Screen: The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100M6 (RX100 VI) digital camera has a 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD screen with 921,600 dots. The LCD brightness control can be set to Auto, Manual (-2 to +2), or Sunny Weather (appropriate for shooting outdoors). You can tilt the LCD upward approximately 180° for shooting low angles and self-portraits, and downward approximately 90° for high angles. The touch-sensitive screen adds even more features, including Touch Focus, Touch Pad Auto Focus, and Touch Shutter, even when the monitor is tilted.
OLED Viewfinder: In addition to the 3" LCD screen, the camera is equipped with a 0.39" XGA electronic OLED viewfinder with 2,359,296 dots and a Zeiss T* coating for unparalleled clarity. With the press of a button, the viewfinder pops up from the top panel for those occasions when you want an eye-level viewfinder, and can be pressed down and out of the way when you want to use the LCD screen. The viewfinder has a -4.0-1 to +3.0m-1 diopter adjustment to adjust it to your eyesight. The camera automatically powers on/off when you open/close the viewfinder.
Super-fast Auto Focus: The RX100 VI delivers lightning fast 0.03-second auto focusing when you combine the speed of Phase Detection AF with the accuracy of Contrast Detection AF. With 315 AF points covering 65% of the image sensor's image area, you can keep your subject in focus more consistently, and track fast moving objects.
Recording Media: The camera is compatible with the following recording media:
|Recording Format||Supported Memory Cards|
|Still Image||SD/SDHC/SDXC |
Memory Stick PRO Duo
Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2)
Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
|XAVC||4K 60 Mbps |
HD 50 Mbps or lower
HD 60 Mbps
|SDHC/SDXC (Class 4 or faster, or U1 or faster) |
Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
|4K 100 Mbps |
HD 100 Mbps
|High Frame Rate||SDHC/SDXC (Class 10, or U1 or faster) |
Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
Image Recording Formats: The camera records still images in JPEG (with Extra Fine, Fine, and Standard compression), RAW (unprocessed), and JPEG+RAW formats (images from both formats created at the same time). Moving images can be recorded in XAVC S (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 with 2-channel LPCM audio) or AVCHD Ver. 2.0 format (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 with Dolby Digital 2ch audio).
Image Sensor: The camera is equipped with a 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with back-illumination technology for better light collection and a wider ISO sensitivity range. This 13.2 x 8.8mm (1") 20.1MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with approximately 20.9-million total pixels and 20.2-million effective pixels and a native 3:2 aspect ratio. Paired with the image sensor is the high speed BIONZ X image processor.
Lens: The camera is equipped with newly-designed Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* (T-star) 8x zoom lens. It has a focal length of 9-72mm (35mm equivalent 24-200mm) and a 3:2 aspect ratio. The aperture range is F2.8-11.0 in wide angle and F4.5-11.0 in telephoto. The lens features 8 aspherical lens elements with 13 aspherical faces for maximum resolution and edge-to-edge clarity and contrast across the entire zoom range.
Shutter Types: The RX100 VI offers both a mechanical shutter and an electronic shutter. The Shutter Type settings are as follows:
- Auto: The shutter type is automatically switched based on the shooting conditions and shutter speed.
- Mechanical Shutter: The camera operates with the mechanical shutter only. The shutter speed can be set from 30 seconds to 1/2000 second, plus Bulb. Both the mechanical and electronic shutter sounds are heard. The electronic shutter sound can be turned off, if desired.
- Electronic Shutter: The camera shoots with the electronic shutter only. The shutter speed can be set from 30 seconds to 1/32000 second. Only the electronic shutter sound is heard, and can be turned off, if desired.
Clear Image/Digital Zoom: In addition to the 8x optical zoom, you can reach higher zoom scales by engaging the Clear Image Zoom or the Digital Zoom, or both. Clear Image Zoom enlarges the center of the image digitally up to 2x with little or no image degradation. The amount of zoom depends upon the image size as follows:
|Image Size||Optical Zoom||Clear Image Zoom||Maximum Zoom Scale|
|Movie||8x||12x 4K |
Optical SteadyShot: Optical SteadyShot can help prevent image blurring that occurs when shooting still images or movies hand-held, in low light, or when zoomed to the telephoto end of the zoom range. Optical SteadyShot's stabilization is equivalent to shooting at a faster shutter speed of 4.0 stops at 200mm to give you better, sharper image quality.
Still Image Sizes: When recording digital still images, the DSC-RX100M6 allows you to choose from multiple image sizes in four aspect ratios: 3:2 (best for printing), 16:9 (best for viewing on an HDTV), 4:3 (best for viewing on a computer), and 1:1 (best for shooting as a medium format camera). The following image sizes are available:
|20M 5472 x 3648||17M 5472 x 3080||18M 4864 x 3648||13M 3648 x 3648|
|10M 3888 x 2592||7.5M 3648 x 2056||10M 3648 x 2736||6.5M 2544 x 2544|
|5M 2736 x 1824||4.2M 2720 x 1528||5M 2592 x 1944||3.7M 1920 x 1920|
|---||---||VGA 640 x 480||---|
Sweep Panorama: You can record multiple images while moving the camera in an arc, either horizontally or vertically. You can choose the direction to pan the camera while taking the images. These images can be compiled into a single panoramic image, and played back on an HDTV. The available image sizes include:
- Vertical: 3872 x 2160
- Horizontal: 8192 x 1856
- Vertical: 5536 x 2160
- Horizontal: 12416 x 1856
Recording Movies: Besides recording still images, the RX100 VI can also record pro-quality movies, including 4K and Full HD. You can record movies in the low-compression, high-quality XAVC S format, or AVCHD for easy editing and sharing. You can choose between NTSC (60, 30, 24 fps) and PAL (50, 25 fps) for worldwide compatibility. Available image sizes and movie quality include:
|XAVC S 4K |
(3840 x 2160)
|30p 100M |
|50p 100M |
|XAVC S HD |
(1920 x 1080)
|120p 100M |
|100p 100M |
(1920 x 1080)
|FX 60i 24M |
FH 60i 17M
|FX 50i 24M |
FH 50i 17M
Note: The camera's 4K movie recording function allows you to create short film-like video clips in high quality. The continuous recording duration for 4K movies is approximately 5 minutes.
Proxy Recording: You can choose to record a low-bit-rate proxy movie when recording XAVC S movies. Proxy movies create small file sizes, making them ideal for transferring to your smartphone or uploading to a website. Proxy movies are recorded in XAVC S HD format (1280 x 720) at 9 Mbps.
Dual Recording: You can take still images while recording movies without stopping recording. In the menu, you can choose the size of the still image (17M 5472 x 3080, 7.5M 3648 x 2056 or 4.2M 2720 x 1528) and compression (Extra Fine, Fine, Standard).
Network Functions: The RX100 VI lets you connect wirelessly with TVs, computers, smartphones, and tablets. With built-in Wi-Fi, you can send images or movies to other devices, or control your camera from your smartphone or tablet. You can also connect to select devices via Bluetooth. Location data from the Bluetooth-connected mobile device can be obtained and recorded to still images or movies. For home computers, you can use PlayMemories Home with Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1, and 10, as well as Mac OS X v10.11 and macOS 10.12-10.13. The PlayMemories Mobile app is available for Android 4.1 and up from Google Play and for iOS 9.3 and up from the App Store. One-touch pairing can be done via QR Code (Android, iOS), SSID (Android, iOS), or NFC (Android only).
Customizable Function (Fn) Button: The camera features a Function button that allows you to assign up to 12 frequently-used functions for quick access. Pressing the Fn button brings up a menu that lets you select the desired function. Assignable functions include: Drive Mode, Focus Mode, Focus Area, Exposure Compensation, ISO, Metering Mode, Flash Mode, Flash Compensation, White Balance, Creative Style, File Format, Shooting Mode, and others.
Control Ring: The Control Ring around the lens lets you change the settings of often-used functions. In standard mode, the camera assigns recommended functions for each shooting mode. You can manually select the function controlled by the Control Ring, including Exposure Compensation, ISO, White Balance, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Zoom, Shutter Speed, and Aperture.
Memory Recall: The Memory Recall mode allows you to shoot an image after recalling often used modes or camera settings registered in the camera's memory. After setting the Mode Dial to MR, you can select the set of camera settings you wish to apply to your next shot. You can save the aperture (F number), shutter speed, optical zoom scale, and other settings or functions to one of 2 memory slots in the camera, or up to four slots to the memory card.
Drive Modes: The camera offers multiple Drive Modes. In addition to single image shooting, you can choose from the following:
- Continuous Shooting: The camera shoots continuous images at three speed settings while you press and hold down the shutter release: Hi: 24 frames per second, Mid: 10 frames per second, and Lo: 3.5 frames per second.
- Self-Timer: You can set the Self-Timer mode to a 10-second, 5-second, or 2-second delay so you can be in the picture.
- Self-Timer Continuous: The Self-Timer Continuous shooting mode takes continuous frames after a 10-, 5-, or 2-second delay. You can choose 3 or 5 frames to be taken.
- Continuous Bracket: The Continuous Bracket mode lets you shoot a series of 3, 5, or 9 images as you hold down the shutter button, each with a different exposure setting--some at normal exposure, some under exposed, and some over exposed. You can choose from five different step values: 0.3 EV, 0.7 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, or 3.0 EV. After shooting the multiple images, you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Single Bracket: The Single Bracket mode is similar to the Continuous Bracket mode, except that it requires pressing the shutter button for each photo you take. Each photo in the sequence will be at a different exposure setting. The same number of images and exposure steps are available.
- WB Bracket: The Bracket WB mode shoots three images, each with different degrees of brightness according to the selected settings of white balance, color temperature, and color filter. You can choose the a low or high bracket deviation value.
- DRO Bracket: The camera shoots a total of three images, each with a different degree of D-Range Optimizer.
Auto Focus Areas: You can select from the following auto focusing areas:
- Wide: The camera focuses in all ranges of the finder frame automatically. When you press the shutter button halfway, a green frame is displayed around the area that is in focus.
- Zone: You can select a zone on the monitor on which to focus and the camera will automatically select a focus area.
- Center: The camera focuses on a subject in the center of the frame. By pressing the shutter release halfway, you can lock the focus on your subject and recompose your shot with the subject off center.
- Flexible Spot: The camera focuses on a very small area that can be moved around the frame to the desired point on the screen.
- Expand Flexible Spot: If focus isn't obtained on the single selected point, you can use focus points around the flexible spot as the second priority area to achieve focus.
- Lock-on: When the shutter button is pressed and held halfway, the camera tracks the subject within the selected autofocus area.
AF Illuminator: The AF (auto focus) Illuminator briefly provides fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings. The red AF Illuminator lights when the shutter button is pressed halfway. You can set the AF Illuminator to Auto or Off.
Face Detection: Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and controls flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to deliver accurate, natural skin tones with reduced red-eye. It can also give priority to children or adults. You can also select and register an individual's face to be given priority.
Smile Shutter Mode: The Smile Shutter technology automatically detects and captures a smiling face. Simply activate by pressing the Smile Shutter button and the camera will capture a smile the moment it happens. You can adjust the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity as desired.
Scene Recognition: Scene Recognition is used in the Intelligent Auto and Superior Auto shooting modes. This function automatically detects different types of scenes and selects the appropriate camera settings: Portrait, Infant, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Backlight Portrait, Backlight, Landscape, Spotlight, Low Light, and Macro. The camera also recognizes certain conditions and makes appropriate adjustments: Tripod, Walk, Move, Move (bright), or Move (dark).
Shooting Modes: Using the top-mounted Mode Dial, you can select from the following shooting modes:
- Auto Mode: The Auto Mode allows you to shoot still
images under any condition with good results by setting the values
determined by the camera. You can choose between two Auto Modes:
- Intelligent Auto Mode (iAuto): Allows you to shoot still images with automatic scene recognition.
- Superior Auto Mode (iAuto+): Allows you to shoot still images with automatic scene recognition, with an emphasis on dark or backlit scenes.
- Program Auto: Allows you to shoot with the exposure adjusted automatically (both the shutter speed and aperture value). You can also select various settings using the menu.
- Aperture Priority: You can shoot still images after adjusting the aperture setting manually. The camera will determine the shutter speed.
- Shutter Priority: You can shoot still images after adjusting the shutter speed manually. The camera will determine the aperture setting.
- Manual Exposure: You can set the exposure manually. The shutter speed can be set between 1/2000 and 30 seconds. The aperture (F value) can be set between F2.8 and F11 (Wide Angle) or between F4.5 and F11 (Telephoto).
- Memory Recall: You can set and store often-used modes and numeric settings for recall at a later time.
- Movie Mode: Allows you to record XAVC S 4K or HD or AVCHD movies with stereo audio.
- HFR (High Frame Rate): This mode allows you to shoot slow motion movies. You can select frame rates of 240 fps, 480 fps, 960 fps (NTSC) and 250 fps, 500 fps, and 1000 fps (PAL). The playback speed varies depending on the set frame rate and record setting.
- Sweep Panorama: Multiple images are shot while the camera is moving, and these images are compiled into a single panoramic image.
Note: The Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual shooting modes are available for movies as well as still images.
Exposure Compensation: Besides auto exposure, you can adjust the exposure from +3.0EV to -3.0EV in 1/3 stop increments.
Built-In Flash: The camera's built-in flash features a range of 1.31' to 19.35' (0.4-5.9 meters) with the zoom set to wide and 3.28' to 10.17' (1.0-3.1 meters) with the zoom set to telephoto. With the ISO sensitivity set to ISO12800, the flash can reach up to 40.68' (W) or 22.96' (T). The flash settings include:
- Autoflash: the flash automatically strobes when the surroundings are dark or when there is backlight
- Flash On: the flash strobes with every shot
- Slow Sync: the flash is used regardless of the amount of ambient light, but the shutter speed is slower under dark conditions, allowing you to clearly shoot a background that is out of the flash-lit area
- Rear Sync: the flash operates before exposure is completed every time your trigger the shutter
- Off: the flash does not operate
Red-eye Reduction: The flash pre-strobes before shooting to reduce the red-eye phenomenon. You can set to On or Off.
Metering Modes: You can select from the following Metering Modes:
- Spot Metering: Spot metering lets you adjust the exposure to the subject, even when the subject is a backlit or when there is strong contrast between the subject and the background.
- Center-weighted Metering: Center-weighted metering measures the center of the image and determines the exposure based on the brightness of the subject.
- Multi-pattern Metering: When multi-pattern metering is used, the image is divided into multiple regions and metering is performed in each region. The camera judges the subject position and background brightness, and determines a well-balanced exposure.
- Entire Screen Average: The camera measures the average brightness of the entire screen. The exposure will be stable, even if the composition or the position of the subject changes.
- Highlight: The camera measures the brightness while emphasizing the highlighted area on the screen. This mode helps you avoid overexposure.
White Balance: When the white balance is set to auto, the white balance is set automatically in response to the condition of the subject, and the overall color balance is adjusted. When shooting under special lighting conditions, you can select the settings manually. When using flash, you can select the flash white balance mode. The white balance can also be set to Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (warm white), Fluorescent (cool white), Fluorescent (day white), Fluorescent (daylight), Flash, Underwater Auto, Color Temperature/Filter, Custom (adjust white balance depending on the light source) or Custom Set (memorizes the basic white color which will be used).
Grid Lines: The cameras on-screen grid lines make it easy to set a subject's horizontal and vertical position. You can choose from three grid line overlays: Rule of 3rds, Square, and Diagonal + Square.
Histogram: A histogram is a graph showing the brightness of an image. The graph display indicates a bright image when skewed to the right side, and a dark image when skewed to the left side.
In-camera Guide: An on-screen function guide text/icon display makes it easy to learn the camera functions that give you greater creative freedom to adjust photo settings. The function guide can be turned on or off as desired.
Strap: The camera includes a wrist strap and two adapters that allow you to attach an optional shoulder strap.
Folder View Modes: The Sony DSC-RX100M6's View Mode allows you to select your recorded images and movies by sorting them into the following folders: Date, Still, AVCHD, XAVC S 4K, and XAVC S HD.
Index View: In addition to viewing images one-by-one in full screen, you can view multiple images at once in the index view mode. The index feature lets you to display a total of 9 (3 x 3) or 25 (5 x 5) images at once.
Slide Show: The Slide Show function lets you play back images one after the other. The interval between the pictures can be adjusted, allowing you to choose 1, 3, 5, 10, and 30 seconds. When repeat is selected, the images are replayed in a continuous loop.
Playback Zoom: You can enlarge a recorded still image up to 8x the size of the original image. Once the image is zoomed, you can pan left to right and up or down through the image.
Rotating Images: Recorded images can be rotated 360-degrees in 90-degree increments on the camera's LCD screen.
Picture Effect: You can add effects to images to make them look more impressive and artistic. You can choose from the following: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
Deleting/Protecting Images: You can delete a selected image, or you can delete all the unprotected images at once. In order to avoid accidentally deleting of an image, it can be protected.
Battery Information: The DSC-RX100M6 is powered by the supplied NP-BX1 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Using the supplied AC-UUD12 AC adapter, the battery can be fully charged in the camera in approximately 150 minutes. Under normal operating conditions, the battery has the following capacity:
|Shooting Still Images||LCD||Approx. 240 images |
Approx 310 (when Auto Monitor Off set to 2 sec)
|Viewfinder||Approx. 220 images|
| Recording Movies |
|LCD||Approx. 40 min|
|Viewfinder||Approx. 40 min|
| Recording Movies |
|LCD||Approx. 75 min|
|Viewfinder||Approx. 70 min|
Internal Battery: The camera has an internal rechargeable battery for maintaining the date and time and other settings regardless of whether the power is on or off. The battery is continually charged as long as you are using the camera. If the camera isn't used for about a month, the internal battery can become discharged. The camera can still be used with a discharged internal battery, however, the date and time will not be shown. The internal battery can be fully recharged in approximately 24 hours with the power off and a charged battery pack is in the camera.
HDMI: The RX100 VI has a Micro HDMI (Type D) output on the right side of the camera for connecting the camera to an HDTV. A Micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required to make the connection. If you are connecting to a Sony Bravia TV with Bravia Sync, you can control the camera using the TV's remote control.
Micro USB : The camera features a single Micro USB jack (labeled "Multi") on the right side of the camera for connecting the supplied USB cable for downloading your photos to your computer or printer, or charging the battery in the camera. The interface is USB 2.0 High Speed compatible.
PlayMemories Home: The DSC-RX100M6 can be used with PlayMemories Home software, which needs to be downloaded and installed on your computer. "PlayMemories Home" software is downloadable from the Sony Imaging website (The URL is printed in the Instruction Manual). It is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 (SP1), and Mac OS X v10.11 and macOS 10.12-10.13 operating systems only. With PlayMemories Home you can:
- Manage and edit photos and videos on your PC or Mac
- Organize photos and videos
- Upload photos to a cloud service for storage (PlayMemories Online)
- Search for photos and videos using Calendar View
- Import and Export photos and videos, plus create disks and print.
- Perform basic editing functions
- View photos and videos on a map (using location information from a connected smartphone)
- Create multi-view videos
Imaging Edge: Sony's Imaging Edge software suite offers solutions for all aspects of the photographic process. The "Remote" application lets you instantly check your images in Live View on the large screen of your computer monitor. "Viewer" enables viewing in a list display on your computer so you can compare images side-by-side, select the best images, and add ratings. The "Edit" app lets you develop and make adjustments (color, brightness, white balance) to high-quality RAW images. Imaging Edge is compatible with Windows computers with 64-bit versions of Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1, and 10, as well as Mac computers running OS X v10.11 / macOS 10.12-10.13.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Daughter's recommendation. [ DANIEL Oct 06, 2018 ]
I owned an earlier model, but the video on this one seems to be vastly improved. Also, I have come to trust Crutchfield's satisfaction policy a great deal [ IRA R Aug 03, 2018 ]
Highly recommended by a friend who is a photographer. Nice compact camera with almost pro features and excellent zoom [ A Jul 17, 2018 ]
I currently own the first gen of this camera. Great value for its size. I also need to something with extreme zoom range. [ RICHARD Jul 10, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
Frequently Compared With
Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-RX100 VI
20.1-megapixel compact camera with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Video Creator Kit
20.1-megapixel digital camera with mini tripod, spare battery, and 32GB memory card
20-megapixel digital camera with Wi-Fi®
24-megapixel APS-C sensor digital camera with Wi-Fi®