Wireless speaker link
Our take on the Bluesound RT100 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Choose your own sub
Own a Bluesound Pulse Soundbar? With the RT100 Wireless Speaker Link, you can connect virtually any subwoofer to it without cables.That way your Pulse Soundbar can deliver even stronger midrange and highs while sending the low-frequency signal to your subwoofer.
You can also use the RT100 to wirelessly connect your Node 2 or Vault 2 to a set of powered speakers or a powered subwoofer. The RT100 lets you place your speakers or sub just about anywhere in the room. Its point-to-point communication delivers detailed, accurate audio information to your connected speakers.
Not limited to Bluesound
The RT100 has both a stereo minijack input and output, so it can be used as either a transmitter or receiver. Have an older stereo or home theater receiver you'd like to add a wireless sub to? Connect one RT100 to your component to act as a transmitter, and another to the subwoofer as the receiver. You've just instantly brought your system into the 2010s.
The RT100 uses a triband RF signal, with a built-in channel selector that ensures you'll have the strongest connection.
The RT100 comes with a mini USB-to-USB power cable. Plug it into a USB port on your sub, receiver or Bluesound player to power up the device. If you have an AC adapter with a USB port, you can also use it with the RT100.
- compatible with Bluesound Pulse Soundbar
- compatible with Bluesound Gen 2 players
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.5dB)
- analog output level: 2V
- audio latency: <18ms
- tribandRF (radio frequency) transmission
- three-channel selectable switch
- range: 32.8 feet
- 3.5mm minijack output
- 3.5mm minijack input
- 14" stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- 11" mini USB-to-USB power cable (power adapter NOT included)
- 3-3/8"W x 15/16"H x 4-3/8"D
- weight: 3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless speaker module
- 14" Stereo minijack to RCA cable
- 11" miniUSB-to-USB cable
- Hook-and-loop fastener
- User Guide
- Warranty Information
Wireless Speaker Link: The RT100 Wireless Speaker Link from Bluesound can be used as a wireless transmitter or receiver. It uses point-to-point wireless RF technology to send or receive a full-range or LFE audio signal from one component to another without the hassle of messy cabling. The Wireless Speaker Link has a range of approximately 32.8'. The Bluesound RT100 offers a variety of applications -
- Using one Bluesound RT100 as a wireless receiver, you can pair almost any powered subwoofer (with a line-level input) with the Pulse Soundbar (sold separately) and allow the soundbar to focus on the mid and high-range dynamics of your favorite movie and music soundtracks.
- Because the RT100 can works as both transmitter and receiver, you can use two RT100(s) and wirelessly connect any Bluesound Player (2nd Gen only) with a set of powered speakers or powered subwoofer.
- In addition to Bluesound equipment, two RT100(s) can be used to wirelessly transmit audio from your existing audio stereo system (must have analog output) to a powered subwoofer with a line-level input.
Input & Output: The RT100 Wireless Speaker Link is outfitted with a 3.5mm output for use as receiver and a 3.5mm input for use as a transmitter. When used as a wireless receiver, you will connect an analog audio cable between the 3.5mm output of RT100 and the line-level input on your powered subwoofer or speaker. When used as a wireless transmitter, you will connect an analog audio cable between the 3.5mm input of the RT100 and the line-level output of your source device.
Channel Selector Switch: The RT100 uses wireless RF technology and lets you manually switch between three channels (1-2-3).
Power Requirements: Use the included 11" miniUSB-to-USB cable to power the RT100 by plugging it into a compatible USB/AC wall charger (sold separately) or powered USB port located on your connected device.
Note: The RT100 does not come with an AC power adapter; it will require a power source.
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
- THD+N: 0.005% @ 2V 1kHz input
- Signal-to-Noise: 90dB @ 2V 1kHz input
- Analog Output Level: 2V
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-0.5dB)
- Audio Latency: <18ms
- RF Band: Triband (auto switching)
- Transmission Range: 32.8' (10 meters)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
This product is REQUIRED when using the Bluesound Sub with any other Bluesound product (besides the soundbar). I found that out the hard way. [ Anthony Feb 28, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
1 answer I just ordered a bluesound pulse soundbar from Crutchfield. To be able to connect my existing subwoofer (different brand) wirelessly to the soundbar then I just need to buy one of the bluesound RT100 which will act as a receiver and will be plugged into the subwoofer. The soundbar is compatible with the RT100 therefore will recognize the RT100 and will transmit the signal to the subwoofer via the connected RT100. I assumed some pairing is needed... However, I just need to buy one RT100 for the subwoofer (don't need another RT100 for the soundbar). Am I correct? [ menatwork Aug 08, 2018 ]
You are correct! You only need one of the of the RT100 wireless adapters to make a powered subwoofer with line level inputs work with the Pulse. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Aug 11, 2018 ] Staff