Wireless audio receiver
Our take on the Denon DN-202WR by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Distribute sound wirelessly
If you need to install pro audio equipment in a venue where cable runs and drilling are not desireable — a historic church, for instance — the Denon DN-202WR can help you get the job done right. Connect amplifiers or active speakers to one or more receivers, and they'll play the audio streaming from a single DN-202WT transmitter located up to 100 feet away.
Get a free system design
- wirelessly receives audio signal from a Denon DN-202WT transmitter
- stereo XLR balanced and 1/4-inch outputs for connecting amps and active speakers
- external articulating antenna makes a strong wireless connection
- range: approximately 100 feet
- 5-13/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 4-5/8"D
- weight: 1.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Receiver w/ attached 6.750" antenna
- Power supply w/ 59" cable (5VDC / 2A)
- User guide
- Safety and warranty booklet
Overview: The Denon DN-202WR is the perfect solution getting an audio signal to places that would be difficult, inconvenient, or applications where unsightly cable runs or drilling of holes is not permissible. Paired with the DN-202WT transmitter (sold separately), this combo allows audio transmissions through walls and ceilings up to 100 feet away. The DN-202WR is ideal for event spaces, houses of worship, entertainment venues, educational and retail applications, and more.
Wireless: The DN-202WR operates on a 2.4 GHz transmission frequency (2.404 - 2.476) with greater than 1.8 MHz of bandwidth. Its high-quality audio reception has a frequency response of 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+3 dB) with a signal to noise ratio of greater than 80 dB. The receiver's built-in articulating antenna can be rotated up to 180˚ and tilted up to 90˚ allowing for a reception range of up to 100 feet. Multiple DN-202WR receivers can be paired to a single DN-202WT transmitter, allowing a single audio source to be transmitted to multiple locations at an event or indoor/outdoor/multilevel venue.
Inputs and Controls: The DN-202WR features 2 stereo pairs of outputs; 1/4" unbalanced and balanced XLR's, allowing audio to be sent via a high quality connection to an amplifier or powered speaker system. The receiver includes the following controls and indicators:
- Level: This dial adjusts the output signal level.
- Signal Indicators: Two L/R LEDs light when the unit is receiving a wireless signal from the transmitter.
- Pairing Button: Pressing this puts the receiver into pairing mode for easy linking to a DN-202WT transmitter.
- Status LED: Indicates the
transmitter's pairing status:
- Slow Flashing: Receiver is not paired to a transmitter.
- Rapid Flashing: Receiver is in pairing mode and is "searching" for a DN-202WT transmitter.
- Lit Solid: The unit is successfully paired to a DN-202WT transmitter.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+3 dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 80 dB
- THD: < 0.1%
- Output Level: +18 dBu
- Dynamic Range: > 90 dB at 1 kHz
- Crosstalk: > 90 dB at 1 kHz
- Latency: 20 ms
- Channel: 25
- Modulation: GFSK
- Bandwidth: > 1.8 MHz
- Transmission Frequency: 2.404 - 2.476 GHz
- Transmission Range: Up to 100 ft.
- Transmission Power: 10 dBm
- Input Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Supply: 5 VDC / 2A
- Dimensions: Width - 5.875",Height - 1.75" (7.375" with antenna upright), Depth - 5.750"
- Weight: 1.3 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.