Over-ear noise-canceling headphones
- over-the-ear, closed-back design for noise isolation
- active noise-canceling circuitry blocks out external distractions
- tiny microphones housed on top of earcup for steady, consistent noise cancellation
- 45mm dynamic drivers offer exceptional clarity across a wide frequency range
- lightweight voice coils and specially designed diaphragm for more natural sound
- vented earcups control air flow to help lower distortion
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 30 hours of listening with noise cancellation
- USB charging cable included
- includes two detachable cables:
- 47" remote/mic cable with right-angled miniplug connector
- 47" cable with right-angled miniplug connector
- in-line remote controls music and calls for most smartphones
- stitched-covered headband and memory foam-filled earpads for style and comfort
- earcups swivel and can fold flat for storage
- vinyl carry pouch included
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 104 dB
- impedance: 150 ohms
- weight: 10.9 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 52" Cable with right-angled 3.5mm plug
- 52" Cable with in-line remote/mic (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 39" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and a Micro-B USB on other end)
- Airline adapter (single female 3.5mm jack-to-dual 3.5mm plugs)
- Vinyl storage pouch
- User Manual
- Battery disposal statement
Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.206" x 3.95"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||5-40k Hz|
|Cord Length||52" + 52"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The ATH-MSR7NC is part of the Sound Reality-series of Audio-Technica's consumer headphones. These over-ear headphones have large drivers that can deliver the wide frequency range of High Resolution Audio. The built-in Active Noise Cancelling technology eliminates much of the ambient noise around you so all you hear is the music. The headphones come two 52" cables, both with a high quality 3.5mm gold-plated plug: one with an in-line remote/mic for controlling music and phone calls on your mobile device, and one without. The built-in battery that powers the ANC is charged by the included USB cable. The ear cups swivel 90° so you can fold them flat and store them in the included vinyl storage pouch.
Active Noise Cancelling (ANC): The ATH-MSR7NC headphones have miniature microphones incorporated into the top of each earcup to pick up ambient noise. When ANC is activated, the ambient noise is cancelled by a phase-inverted signal. The noise cancelling function reduces noise at approximately 300Hz and lower. This will shut out noise from traffic, airline cabin noise, and air handling systems. Any noise above 300Hz will not be dramatically effected. Because the microphones are mounted on the top of the earcups, the performance of the noise-cancellation is consistent, and not affected by wind noise or the movement of the user's head.
Rechargeable Battery: The ANC is powered by a 3.7-volt rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery. The battery charges in approximately 4 hours via the included Micro USB charging cable. A fully-charged battery provides approximately 30 hours of continuous listening with ANC activated.
Drivers: The newly-designed 45mm True Motion drivers feature lightweight voice coils, a custom-mounted PCB, and specially designed diaphragm for superior performance and wide frequency response. The Multi-layer Air Damping system features layered aluminum/magnesium housing and a triple-vent system for controlling the air flow and reducing vibration.
Comfort Features: The headphones feature ultra-soft memory foam earpads and headband with stitched covers.
Cables: The ATH-MSR7NC comes with two 52" cables. One cable can be used with your portable devices, and has an in-line, one-button remote and microphone for controlling your music and phone calls. The remote lets you play/pause your music, and skip to the next track, plus accept or reject incoming phone calls and activating Apple's Siri or Android's voice assistance. The remote has additional functionality with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, including fast forward/reverse, and skipping to the previous track. The other cable does not include the remote/mic. Both cables terminate into a high-quality, gold-plated 3.5mm plug. In addition, an airline adapter (female 3.5mm jack and dual 3.5mm plugs) is included to allow you to use your headphones for in-flight entertainment.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 40kHz
- Sensitivity: 97 dB/mW (Passive); 104 dB/mW (Active)
- Impedance: 30 ohms (Passive); 150 ohms (Active)
- Dimensions: Width: 3.206", Height: 3.95" Depth: 1.9"
- Cable Lengths: 52" (straight, no remote/mic, right angled 3.5mm plug), 52" (straight, with in-line remote/mic, right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- Weight: 11.3 ounces (with 52" cable with in-line remote/mic)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Over-ear noise-canceling headphones
Professional monitor headphones
Over-ear Bluetooth® wireless noise-canceling headphones