Samsung Sound+ HW-MS750
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Samsung Sound+ HW-MS750 - Wirelessly connect your compatible Samsung TV to the sound bar via Bluetooth
Samsung Sound+ HW-MS750 - The Samsung Multi-room app makes it easy to control all your tunes from your phone
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 305HWMS750 | MFR # HW-MS750/ZA
Instant savings: -$100.00 Instant savings ends tomorrow
$599.99 Earn up to 600 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Samsung Sound+ HW-MS750 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Décor-friendly design, cinematic performance
The easy-to-setup, space-friendly Samsung Sound+ HW-MS750 offers enveloping surround sound from a single bar — complete with overhead effects! Why is that a big deal? Three dimensional audio formats are often designed for giant movie theaters with stadium seating. Samsung is offering that experience for your living room — without having to run speaker wire or use a separate A/V receiver.
Tested and tuned for great sound
Samsung's engineers have been hard at work in their renowned California audio lab applying new computer modeling and design methods to bring you a roomful of sound in a fairly small package.
The HW-MS750 sits at just above three inches high, and can be wall-mounted or placed on a stand below your TV. You can connect it to your TV via HDMI. The bar has 11 built-in speakers, including a series of full-range drivers and tweeters to cover the front stage (left, center, and right). There are also two up-firing drivers that reflect sound down from the ceiling toward your listening position, to add height to the soundstage and create overhead effects.
Build your system
Take your home theater to the next level by adding Samsung's optional wireless sub and surrounds.
The HW-MS750 alone is going to be a big improvement over your TV's speakers right out of the box. But you can add pieces on as your circumstances allow.
Want more punch? Add on the optional Samsung Sound+ SWA-W700 wireless subwoofer for deeper bass.
Ready for a more immersive home theater experience? Just pick up the Samsung SWA-9000S wireless speaker kit for full surround sound.
You can even expand into other rooms of the house by adding any compatible speaker (or two! or three!). You just need to download Samsung's free Wireless Multi-Room app and you'll be able to connect, group, and control the whole system from the palm of your hand.
- eleven built-in speakers
- two up-firing speakers for larger soundstage with overhead effects
- dedicated center channel for clear speech
- distortion canceling technology predicts when low-end drivers could rattle
- plays solid, stable sounds that help control movement
- produces deep, detailed bass
- Dolby® Digital 5.1 and DTS® 5.1 decoding
- 5 listening modes: Standard, Music, Movie, Clear Voice, and Sports
- "Smart Mode" automatically optimizes the sound effects to the scene you're watching
Wireless Music and TV Sound Options:
- dual-band Wi-Fi for music streaming
- Free Samsung Multi-Room app for Apple and Android offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- support for online music services including Spotify®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- plays music stored on a mobile device or compatible DLNA server
- create a completely wireless 5.1 home theater system:
- Samsung's Ultra High Quality Audio processing upscales wired and wireless music to 32-bit
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- SoundConnect feature lets you wirelessly connect your compatible Samsung TV to the sound bar via Bluetooth
Connections and General Info:
- 2 HDMI inputs
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources
- support 4K video with high dynamic range (HDR) and HDMI-CEC
- 1 HDMI output with Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- optical digital audio input
- bracket and hardware included for mounting bar to a wall
- compatible with Samsung's No Gap Wall Mount
- Anynet (HDMI-CEC) function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- designed in Samsung's state-of-the-art California Audio Lab
- 45-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 5-1/8"D
- weight: 13.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AH59-02759A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 58" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screw-holders
- 2 Pan-head machine screws
- Counter-sunk machine screw
- User Manual
- Wall-Mount Guide
I actually love it but it it doesn't recognize my tv. I have a brand new Samsung 65" 4K tv and it won't recognize the arc hdmi connection. Maybe it's because of the one connect but I love the sound it produces and it's for my bedroom.
Monte, Harker Hts, TX
Samsung Sound+ HW-MS750 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||Yes|
|HDR Video Compatible||HDR10|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in (4.0)|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||32-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||3-3/16H x 45-1/8W x 5-3/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||13.9 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
5-Channel Soundbar: The Samsung HW-MS750 is a self-powered, five-channel soundbar with eleven speakers, including two that project sound upward to fill the room with sound and give your movies and music a greater sense of elevation. The left, right, and center channels on front of the soundbar each consist of a tweeter and two woofers; while the two elevation channels on top of the soundbar each feature a single tweeter only - all housed in an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure. Tested and tuned at the renowned Samsung California Audio Lab, Samsung audio engineers applied new methods of transduction and advanced computer modeling to give you perfectly balanced, room-filling sound.
Samsung Audio Technologies: The HW-MS750 active soundbar speaker utilizes a variety of Samsung audio technologies to deliver rich, room-filling home theater sound without the need for a separate subwoofer.
- Wide Range Tweeters: Hear consistently great sound anywhere in the room with tweeters that cover a much wider frequency range.
- Long Excursion: Enjoy truly deep bass with technology that increases the depth of speaker movement to provide big sound.
- Multi-Speaker Control: Multi-Speaker Control increases the power and depth of bass with control that precisely coordinates the movement of each speaker.
- Distortion Cancelling Samsung's proprietary technology delivers deep and detailed bass by predicting sound distortion and automatically tuning the speaker's output before the distortion occurs
32-Bit Sound Upscaling: Experience a new level of clarity with new Ultra High Quality (UHQ) Audio technology, which upscales both existing 8 to 24-bit audio to output at 32-bit, so your favorite songs sound closer to the original recording.
Surround Sound Decoding: The Samsung HW-MS750 soundbar system employs decoders compatible with 2ch PCM, Dolby Digital (5.1ch), and DTS (5.1ch), as well as Samsung's proprietary surround and effect modes.
- Surround Sound Expansions: The Surround Sound Expansion delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience by adding depth and spaciousness to the movie soundtrack.
- Smart Mode: Smart Mode automatically optimizes sound effects to suit the scene currently playing.
- Sound Effects: Select from 5 different sound effects modes (Standard, Music, Movie, Clear Voice, & Sports), depending on the type of content you want to enjoy. The Clear Voice mode enhances hard to hear dialog and vocals of a soundtrack.
- DRC (Dynamic Range Control): A Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range is compressed making it easier to hear at lower volume levels.
Equalizer: You can adjust the system's Bass & Treble from -6 to +6. You can also adjust a 7-band EQ (150, 300, 600, 1.2k, 2.5k, 5.0k, 10.0k Hz) from -6 to +6.
Digital & Analog Audio Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Samsung HW-MS750 soundbar system features both digital (optical) and analog (3.5mm) audio inputs.
- Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-MS750's soundbar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch) & DTS (2ch). The optical digital output of some flat-panel TVs only send a Dolby Digital audio signal when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch PCM from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- Aux Input: The Samsung HW-MS750 's soundbar also features a stereo audio minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your analog television or other analog audio component.
Note: To get the best audio performance out of the Samsung HW-MS750, use the system's HDMI inputs and optical digital input to connect your Blu-ray player, satellite/cable box, and game system. Then connect the system's HDMI output to your TV's HDMI ARC input. By connecting your Blu-ray player, satellite/cable box, and game system directly to the soundbar system, you'll gain Dolby Digital/DTS decoding from these two sources.
Optional Wireless Surround Kit: The optional SWA-9000S Wireless Surround Kit (305SWA9KS, sold separately) lets you add rear speakers to the HW-MS750 soundbar system without all the wires. Together with the HW-MS750, you can create a 5 channel system for a true surround sound experience. The SWA-9000S Wireless Surround Kit consists of a wireless receiver module and two rear speakers. The wireless receiver module receives a wireless audio signal from the HW-MS750 soundbar, so you don't have to run speaker wire from the soundbar to the rear speakers. The wireless receiver module does have to connect to an AC wall outlet via its power cord and to the rear speakers via two speaker cables.
Optional Wireless Sub: Add Samsung's SWA-W700 wireless powered sub (305SWA700, sold separately) for powerful, ultra-deep bass performance down to 27Hz. The SWA-W700 wirelessly pairs (up to 30') with the HW-MS750 soundbar, making it easy an easy add-on. Seamless front and back, the SWA-W700 is simple and elegant, with a timeless unibody design. The SWA-W700 houses a 10" rear-firing woofer.
USB Wireless Port: There is a USB (type-A) port which is for future use with a Samsung wireless powered subwoofer (not yet available).
HDMI 2.0a: The Samsung HW-MS750 soundbar is fitted with two HDMI 2.0a inputs and one HDMI 2.0a output (ARC compatible). The HDMI inputs allow you to connect your Blu-ray player and cable/satellite box directly to the soundbar and then from its HDMI ARC output to your flat-panel TV. The HDMI 2.0a inputs and output support 4K and HDR video, HDCP 2.2, & 4:4:4 color subsampling.
4K + HDCP 2.2: The soundbar's HDMI 2.0a inputs and output can pass 4K ultra-HD video, as well as 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video. The soundbar's HDMI inputs and output support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
HDR 10 Compatible: The Samsung HW-MS750 is HDR 10 compatible. HDR (High Dynamic Range) video delivers dynamic 4K content in exceptional quality with a greater range of color contrast and brightness, enhancing details from the original film format. Experience sharp contrasts and brightness with deeper blacks and brighter whites.
4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The Samsung HW-MS750 supports up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of ultra high-definition video (2160p @ 24/25/30Hz - 4:4:4 color sampling; 2160p @ 60/50Hz - 4:20:0 color subsampling).
3D Ready: The HW-MS750 can pass-through 3D video (up to 1080p) from 3D-ready Blu-ray players to 3D-ready TVs, via HDMI. You will also need compatible 3D-ready glasses and 3D-video content.
ARC: The unit's HDMI output also supports the ARC function. This allows you to connect your Blu-ray player and satellite/cable box directly to the system's HDMI inputs and connect the system's HDMI output to your television for audio from the wireless audio soundbar system or your TV. Your TV must also be ARC compatible.
Note: Because with some televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the soundbar directly; and then connect the soundbar's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance
AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a digital HDTV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Samsung HW-MS750 offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network connection which allows you to stream a variety of Internet radio stations, select online music services, and music stored on your smartphone/tablet device or computer/laptop to the soundbar speaker system. It also allows you to connect to a compatible Samsung TV wirelessly, or setup a multi-room audio system and wireless surround with other compatible Samsung wireless multi-room devices (sold separately). To access these features, you must download the Samsung Wireless Multi-Room App onto your Apple iOS or Android device.
Wireless Multi-Room App: Simply download Samsung's free Wireless Multi-Room app from the Apple Apps Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS device (7.0+) or Android smartphone/tablet (4.0+) to stream Internet Radio, select online music services, and your smartphone's or computers stored music library to the Samsung Soundbar speaker system.
- Internet Radio: Get access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Online Music Services: You also get access to select online music services; like Pandora, iHeart Radio, Napster, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, and Amazon Music. You can even set presets of your favorite Internet radio stations and online music channels.
- Music Libraries: You can stream music stored on your compatible iOS or Android device directly to the soundbar system. You are able to search your device's stored music by Song, Album, Artist, or Genre; you are even able to create and edit Playlists.
- DLNA Content: You'll also be able to stream stored music on your Windows or Mac computer and other DLNA-compliant network storage devices to the soundbar speaker. The system supports compressed music files such as MP3 (up to 320kbps), WMA (up to 320kbps), AAC (DRM-free only), & OGG; as well as non-compressed music files like AIFF (up to 96kHz/24-bit), ALAC (up to 96kHz/24-bit), FLAC (up to 96kHz/24-bit) & WAV (up to 96kHz/24-bit).
Wireless TV Connection: With a wireless network connection and the Wireless Multi-Room app, you can connect the HW-MS750 soundbar speaker wirelessly to select 2014-2017 Samsung UHD TVs; eliminating the need for a HDMI, Optical digital, or 3.5mm analog wired connection. When a compatible Samsung TV is connected via WiFi, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be wirelessly connected at a time.
Optional Wireless Surrounds: Via the wireless multi-room app on your smartphone, you can even wirelessly connect a pair of Samsung wireless speakers (sold separately) with the HW-MS750 soundbar speaker system to create a 5ch surround sound system over WiFi. Simply place the soundbar speaker in the front and two Samsung Radiant360 wireless speakers in the rear while following the setup on the multi-room app for 5ch surround.
Multi-Room Audio: Using Samsung's Wireless Multi-Room app and multiple Samsung wireless multi-room speakers (sold separately), you can create a wireless multi-room audio system which can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet device. The Samsung Wireless Multi-Room app lets you connect, group, and control each of your Samsung wireless multi-room speakers. With the app, you can play one song in one room, different songs from different sources in each room, one song across all speakers, or any combination that fits your mood. Multi-source/multi-room audio can only be done with music from the Internet or your home network; not via Bluetooth or TV SoundConnect.
Network Standby On Function: The Network Standby On function is available if a wireless connection has been properly established between a smart device and the Soundbar. This function turns on the Soundbar automatically when a smart device attempts to connect to the Soundbar via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. If you turn the Soundbar on via a Bluetooth connection, its input mode is set to BT automatically. To turn the Soundbar on via Wi-Fi, you must have the Samsung Multi-room App installed on your smartphone or tablet device.
Auto Firmware Updates: If the Soundbar system is connected to the Internet, it will automatically check for the latest firmware update when new firmware becomes available, even if it is turned off. Check out the latest firmware updates at Samsung's Support website.
Bluetooth Technology: The Samsung HW-MS750 features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless connection between the soundbar speaker system and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for wireless music streaming, as well as a wireless connection between the soundbar speaker and select Samsung TVs with SoundConnect. The HW-MS750's Bluetooth function has a wireless range of approximately 32.8'.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Samsung HW-MS750 and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. The HW-MS750 does not control your Bluetooth-enabled device; you will continue to control your music from your Bluetooth-enabled device. Song/artist information will also still need to be viewed from your Bluetooth-enabled device. You can only pair and connect one mobile device at a time.
- SoundConnect (for Samsung TVs): You can simplify the installation of the HW-MS750 by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled Samsung TV and the soundbar. Simply plug the soundbar into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar to select Bluetooth-enabled Samsung TVs. SoundConnect is only available on select 2012-up Samsung TVs. When a TV is connected using Bluetooth, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be paired and connected at a time.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung HW-MS750.
Remote Control w/ Anynet+: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-MS750 system. Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components (up to 12) that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect Samsung HW-MS750 wireless audio soundbar system to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
TV Remote Control: When the HW-MS750 system is connected to a Samsung smart TV released in 2017 or later, the Soundbar can be controlled using the TV's remote control. This function also allows you to use the TV menu to adjust the soundfield and various settings as well as the volume and mute.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung HW-MS750 soundbar system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The wireless audio soundbar system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the wireless audio soundbar system with an optical cable.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the HW-MS750 soundbar system is off and there is no audio signal, the soundbar system will turn off after 5 minutes.
Tabletop Feet: The Samsung HW-MS750 soundbar features integrated feet that allow you to place the speaker on a flat surface in front of your TV. Its slim-profile design will not block your TV's screen or IR eye.
Included Wall Bracket: The included brackets allow you to mount the soundbar on a wall under or above your wall-mounted, flat-panel television.
Optional Seamless Mount (for Samsung TVs): With Samsung's WMN300SB seamless mount (sold separately), the HW-MS750 soundbar mounts directly to a compatible 2016-2017 Samsung QLED, SUHD, or UHD TV when it is being wall-mounted. With the WM300SB there is no need to make additional holes in your wall and you can use just one cable to power both the soundbar and the TV.
- Compatible 2017 Samsung TVs (49"-65"): Q9F, Q8C, Q7C, Q7F, Q7CD, Q7FD, MU9000, MU900D, MU8500, MU850D, MU8000 (75" version only) , MU7500, MU750D, MU7000, MU700D, MU6500, MU650D, MU6300, and MU630D - all models require Samsung's No Gap Mount or other VESA 400 compatible mount (sold separately)
- Compatible 2016 Samsung TVs (49"-65"): KS9500, KS950D, KS9000, KS900D, KS8500, KS850D, KS8000, KS800D, KU7500, KU750D, KU7000, KU700D, KU6500, KU650D, KU6300, and KU630D - all models require Samsung's WMN550M Mini Mount or other VESA 400 compatible mount (sold separately).
Power Requirements: The HW-MS750 soundbar comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner. It also features an AC power outlet to connect to a compatible Samsung TV using Samsung's WMN300SB seamless mount (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I thought about other soundbars - and would like to have surround sound in a soundbar for reasons of space and aesthetics. The reason I got this was so that I could upgrade with a compatible subwoofer once funds are available. [ MICHAEL T Jan 31, 2018 ]
Compared the sound bar to many others and found this one offered great sound at the best price. Crutchfield service "cemented"the deal. [ Glen Nov 16, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
yes [ Sharon Dec 07, 2017 ]
If so, I haven't figured it out yet. No you cannot [ Edgar Dec 06, 2017 ]
Not sure, but I can control with Charter remote. Have to make sure remote is set on cable. [ CHARLES L Dec 05, 2017 ]
Frequently Compared With
Samsung Sound+ HW-MS750
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
TV sound bar/wireless music system