8GB digital audio recorder with expandable memory and Bluetooth®
Our take on the Olympus LS-P4 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Olympus' Tresmic 3-mic array ensures realistic, spacious recordings.
High-res recording on the go
Want to make high-res audio recordings on the fly? The Olympus LS-P4 can record clips in up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution, and it fits in the palm of your hand. You can also record in MP3 format for long sessions. The LS-P4 features Olympus' Tresmic 3-mic array. The two stereo mics mimic the way our ears pick up sound, and the center mic can be switched on to help capture lower bass frequencies.
Monitor your recordings on the go
No need to fool with wires. The LS-P4 has built-in Bluetooth so you can stream playback wirelessly to compatible headphones or speakers. Or use the recorder's compact, built-in speaker for replay.
The LS-P4 also has a standard stereo minijack so you can use your favorite pair of headphones to monitor your recordings or listen back later.
Memory and battery life
The recorder has 8GB of built-in memory. You can supplement that with an optional microSD memory card for up to an additional 32GB. And transferring files is easy. The recorder gets up to 39 hours of recording or 31 hours of playback from its included "AAA" battery.p>
- battery-powered digital audio recorder with expandable memory
- 3-microphone array, selectable for 2-mic stereo
- 8GB embedded memory
- records in MP3, or PCM/FLAC up to 24-bit/96kHz
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz (3-mic), 60-20,000 Hz (2-mic)
- microSD card slot for expandable storage (memory card not included)
- LCD display
- built-in speaker
- retractable high-speed USB interface for data transfer
- 3.5mm microphone input
- minijack headphone output
- Bluetooth 2.1 wireless output for compatible headphones and speakers
- up to 39 hours of operation with included "AAA" battery
- 1-9/16"W x 4-5/16"H x 9/16"D
- weight: 2.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee