B&O PLAY Beoplay H8i by Bang & Olufsen
Bluetooth® noise-canceling headphones (Black)
- closed-back, on-ear design
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with most smartphones
- aptX® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- hybrid active noise-canceling circuitry helps minimize external noise
- dual-mic system effectively neutralizes human voices
- 40mm dynamic drivers tuned for clear, detailed sound
Build Quality and Controls:
- comfortable, durable aluminum and leather construction
- built-in smart sensor pauses music when you remove headphones
- 3 buttons on right earcup for controlling your music, phone calls, and noise cancellation
- Transparency Mode lets you conveniently hear external sounds during noise cancellation
- built-in microphone for clear phone conversations
- free Beoplay app for Apple® and Android™ allows you to adjust settings and customize the sound
General Info and Specs:
- rechargeable battery provides up to 30 hours of wireless music listening with noise cancellation
- up to 45 hours without noise cancellation
- non-replaceable 1,100 mAh battery is rechargeable via USB-C (cable included)
- miniplug cable included for wired listening
- airline adapter for in-flight entertainment systems
- carry pouch included
- frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz
- impedance: 21 ohms
- weight: 7.6 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- On-ear Bluetooth headphones (black)
- 50" Audio cable (straight 3.5mm plugs on each end)
- 50" USB-C cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C connector on other end)
- Airline adapter
- Cloth storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide
I love these. It was easy to connect. Very comfortable, not hot or heavy. Sound great. Very happy. Had a set of Nuraphones, but they hurt my ears. The B&O are much lighter. The bass isn't as stong, but OK for my taste. I would reccomend these.
Will, Ocala, FL
B&O PLAY Beoplay H8i by Bang & Olufsen Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.922" x 2.922"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-22k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Bang & Olufsen (B&O Play) H8i is an on-ear headphone with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), Bluetooth 4.2, and high-performance sound. The H8i is powered by a rechargeable battery for hours of wireless listening. The headphone comes with on-board controls for music and phone calls, a replaceable Lithium-Ion battery, audio cable, charging cable, and a soft cloth storage pouch.
Design: The Jakob Wagner-designed H8i weighs only 10.4 ounces for hours of comfort. It features 40mm electro-dynamic drivers that deliver the famous Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound. The H8i features soft lambskin leather and adaptive memory foam on the ear cushions, genuine cowhide leather on the headband, and a polished aluminum touch panel.
Touch Controls: The H8i on-ear wireless headphones feature a polished and anodized aluminum plate on the ear cup that lets you control your music, phone calls, and ANC, even with gloves on. Touch controls include play/pause (tap), volume (circular motion), next/previous (swipe forward/backward), answer call (tap), end call (long press), redial latest number (double tap), and transfer active call to smartphone (swipe). You can also control Active Noise Cancellation by swiping up (on) or down (off) on the touchpad in wireless or cabled mode.
Proximity Sensors: The H8i headphones feature proximity sensors to detect when you are wearing the headphones, and when you take them off. The sensors will automatically pause your music when you remove the headphones. Likewise, when you put them back on again, the music will automatically resume playing, right where you left off.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC): The built-in ANC electronically shuts out ambient noise so you can focus on your music or phone calls. Microphones on the outside and inside of each ear cup pick up sound from your environment. These sound waves are mixed with equal, but opposite signals to cancel out the noise. If you wish to be more aware of your surroundings, you can turn off ANC by swiping down on the control panel.
Transparency Mode: If you are in a situation where you need to hear what's going on around you, you can switch on the Transparency Mode. The built-in microphones used for ANC now amplify your surroundings. You can carry on a conversation, listen to announcements at the airport or train station, or hear nearby traffic without removing your headphones.
Bluetooth: The B&O H8i features Bluetooth 4.2 that lets you listen wirelessly at a distance of approximately 33 feet (10 meters). The H8i delivers high quality sound that is in sync with your visual media.
Battery: The headphones feature a user-replaceable Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7-volts, 770 mAh) that provides up to 18 hours of wireless listening via Bluetooth with ANC, 23 hours of Bluetooth only, and up to 24 hours of ANC + control. The battery can be charged in approximately 2.5 hours using the supplied Micro USB cable. Replacement batteries can be obtained from the B&O online store.
Cable: When the H8i headphones' battery is exhausted, or you're in an area where you can't listen wirelessly, you can plug the supplied 50" cable into your music source. A dual-plug airline adapter is included for listening to in-flight entertainment.
Beoplay App: You can enhance your listening experience with the free Beoplay App for Android, iOS, and watchOS. The ToneTouch feature lets you vary the tonality and sound staging to find just the right sound. Each B&O product has its own individually tuned presets, plus, you can select different listening presets to match your mood or activity. Any firmware updates for your headphones are automatically uploaded through the Beoplay App. The app is available for Android devices running version 5.0 and up, and for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS version 9.0 or later.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 95dB
- Impedance: 24 ohms
- Driver Size: 40mm
- Dimensions: 2.922" diameter, 1.737" depth
- Weight: 7.9 ounces (without cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
B&O PLAY Beoplay H8i by Bang & Olufsen
Bluetooth® noise-canceling headphones
Bose® QuietComfort® 35 wireless headphones II
Beats by Dr. Dre® Solo3 wireless
On-ear Bluetooth® headphones with Apple® W1 chip
Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless
On-ear Bluetooth® headphones