Sonos Playbar 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control
Includes Sonos Playbar, Sub, and 2 Sonos One speakers with Amazon Alexa built-in (Black)
Sonos Playbar 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control - Black - PLAYBAR and SUB (TV not included)
Our take on the Sonos Playbar 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
“Alexa, give me great TV sound”
This Sonos 5.1 home theater system delivers enveloping, room-filling sound from your movies and TV shows. It also gives you easy access to all your favorite music — something we've always loved about Sonos.
And you can send the sound to Sonos speakers in other rooms — TV soundtracks, podcasts, internet radio stations, TIDAL playlists and more. For the surround speakers, the system includes two Sonos One speakers with Amazon Alexa built-in. That means you can control everything just using your voice.
Anatomy of a 5.1 wireless system
The system features the super-popular Playbar. Its nine-speaker array accurately reproduces sound for your center, front left, and front right channels. Its automatic equalization self-adjusts to the program material to provide rich, seamless sound.
The Playbar wirelessly connects to the Sonos Sub, for deep bass — an important part of any home theater system. Two Sonos One speakers serve as the surround channels to complete the wraparound sound experience. They connect wirelessly to the Playbar, so you have the freedom to place them where you need them in the room.
Voice commands get the music flowing
Alexa turns the Sonos One speakers into voice control hubs for your Sonos multi-room system. Tell Alexa to turn up the volume of a Play:5 in your kitchen, or play your party mix through every Sonos speaker in your home.
Each Sonos One has a six-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the music's loud. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
These Sonos One speakers let you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone. You can set up additional services for voice control, such as information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's a list of some of the more popular music services you can control with Alexa (updated May 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
- system communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and GooglePlay
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets, Windows® PCs, and Mac® computers
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- built-in amplifiers and 9 built-in speakers (3 tweeters and 6 midrange drivers)
- connects to your TV, Blu-ray player or cable box via an included optical digital audio cable
- built-in Dolby® Digital decoding
- two-port Ethernet switch
- AC adapter included
- 35-1/2"W x 5-1/2"H x 3-5/16"D
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the SUB with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- AC adapter included
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
2 Sonos One speakers (each):
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- 2 built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter per speaker)
- built-in array of 6 far-field microphones per speaker
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music selections
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
Sonos Playbar 5.1 Home Theater System with Voice Control Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Why did you buy this?
the 5.1 package sounds amazing. [ Bryan Jun 13, 2018 ]