8" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems (Black)
Our take on the Atlas PM8CX by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A great bass solution for high ceilings
In a room with high ceilings, it can be difficult to mount speakers that give adequate bass response. This 8" pendant speaker from Atlas offers a 90° dispersion pattern and low-end frequency response down to 55 Hz. It can handle up to 150 watts, so you can pump up the volume when necessary. A built-in 70-volt transformer is tapped at 7.5, 15, 30 and 60 watts, providing flexibility for large and small distributed audio systems. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Get a free system design
- 8" polypropylene cone woofer with butyl rubber surround
- coaxially mounted high-frequency compression driver
- single-point mounting system allows speaker to be securely suspended from above
- handles up to 150 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- frequency response: 55-15,000 Hz
- 70-volt transformer taps at 7.5, 15, 30, and 60 watts
- 8-ohm bypass allows use with consumer audio receivers and amplifiers
- 90° dispersion pattern with 45° off-axis performance for broad sound coverage in large rooms with high ceilings
- cable mounting hardware included
- 16-5/8" high x 12-1/4" diameter
- weight: 20 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One Pendant speaker
- 3 Meters of 2 mm cable
- Mounting hardware
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||55-15kHz|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Atlas PM8CX is a 70/100 volt pendant speaker. It's comprised of a 8CXT60 coaxial compression driver, that's made up of an 8" woofer and a 1" tweeter, which provide excellent efficiency exceeding 92 dB at 1 W/1 M. It offers a tight 90˚ conical coverage pattern in the 2 kHz band for greater performance in high mounting locations up to 30'. The PM8CX can be easily attached to most overhead surfaces with the included 3 meter cable kit which includes a self-gripping ferrule system. The speaker includes a "cap" that provides a protective, cosmetic cover that hides the mounting attachments and wiring. The pendant speaker can also be mounted using a down pipe (not included) from a hard ceiling and is compatible with any standard 3/4" ceiling fan installation kit.
Connections: Wiring for the PM8CX consists of a nine terminal set-screw strip that includes an 8Ω bypass connection and individual set-screw terminals for 1.9 W, 3.8 W, 7.5 W, 15 W, 30 W, and 60 W tap settings. An included jumper wire gets removed when doing an 8Ω connection.
- Power Rating: 150 Watts @ 8Ω
- 70.7V Taps: 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, 60 Watts
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz - 15 kHz (+/- 5 dB)
- Sensitivity (1W / 1M): 92 dB average
- Dispersion Angle: 90˚
- Woofer: 8" Polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround
- HF Driver: Coaxially mounted 1" titanium compression driver
- Dimensions: Height - 16.62", Diameter - 12.25"
- Weight: 20 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
8" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems$351.99 each
8" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems$239.99 each
5-1/4" 2-way in-ceiling premium speaker for commercial audio systems$259.00 each
10" commercial surface mount subwoofer$339.00 each