Over-ear Bluetooth® wireless noise-canceling headphones (Blue)
Our take on the Sony WH-CH700N by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Convenience, comfort, and noise cancellation
When it comes to on-the-go headphones, Sony usually delivers. I always enjoy the company's relaxed, well-padded fit when traveling. And these WH-CH700N 'phones feature both Bluetooth and active noise cancellation to make your trip even easier. Music plays wirelessly from your phone, and a full battery charge gives you up to 35 hours of listening. Press an on-ear button and the headphones choose the appropriate level of noise cancellation for your surroundings.
- closed-back, over-ear design
- active noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- Sony's AINC technology analyzes outside noise and optimizes noise-cancellation
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- aptX and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- 40mm dynamic drivers tuned for deep, tightly controlled bass
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 35 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- 10 minutes of recharging provides enough power for 70 minutes of listening
- well-padded headband and soft oval earpads for comfort
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
- earcup controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, skip tracks, and control volume
- free Sony Headphones Connect app for Apple® and Android allows you to adjust sound levels
- select from sound presets like Outdoor Stage, Club, Hall, or Arena
- 4-foot detachable cable with 3.5mm miniplug connector for wired use
- includes USB cable for charging
- frequency response: 7-20,000 Hz (Bluetooth), 20-20,000 (wired)
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- impedance: 22 ohms (when connected via headphone cable with noise-cancellation "on")
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless over-ear headphones (blue)
- 4' Audio cable (straight and right-angled 3.5mm plugs)
- 20" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Reference Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty (US and Canada)
Great sound. Noise canceling is not terribly effective. I got a great price on these, even for headphones without noise canceling, so I'm okay with that. The app really helps improve the sound.
S, Sunnyvale, CA
Sony WH-CH700N Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.323" x 3.979"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||7-20k Hz|
|Sensitivity||98 / 97 dB|
|Impedance||22 / 48 Ohms|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony WH-CH700N Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones give you the freedom to listen to your music without wires or distractions from ambient noise. The large 40mm drivers deliver deep bass and a wide frequency range. The headphones include a USB charging cable, and an audio cable for listening when you can't go wireless.
Bluetooth/NFC: The WH-CH700N has Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless listening from your smartphone, tablet, or Bluetooth music player. The headphones are compatible with A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP profiles, and feature SBC, AAC, aptX, and aptX HD codecs for improved wireless sound quality. For NFC-enabled devices, you can easily pair to the headphones by simply touching the device to the N-mark on the left earcup of the headphones. The Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 30 feet.
DSEE: Sony's Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) is used to makes your compressed audio files sound better. When audio files are compressed, much of the high-frequency sounds are lost, making your music sound flat and lifeless. DSEE restores both high-frequency signals and fine fade-out sound, giving your music a more natural and expansive quality.
Artificial Intelligence Noise Cancelation: The headphones are equipped with built-in microphones on the top of the earcup that captures outside noise and sends and equal-but-opposite canceling signal to the unit. You'll be able to hear more of your music and less of the outside distractions. The Sony Headphones Connect app has a Noise Canceling Optimizer that takes into account the shape of your face, whether or not you wear eyeglasses, even the atmospheric pressure, to make the noise Canceling effect even better.
Sony Headphones Connect App: The Sony Headphones Connect app gives you control over the sound of your headphones right on your smartphone or tablet. The app lets you select from available presets for the Surround VPT, such as Arena, Club, Outdoor Stage, and Concert Hall. The 5-band Equalizer lets you manually adjust each frequency band (400, 1k, 2.5k, 6.3k, and 16k) by +/- 10dB, and save the settings in one of two Custom presets. You can also choose from Bright, Excited, Mellow, Relaxed, Vocal, Treble Boost, Bass Boost, and Speech preset EQ curves. The Sony Headphones Connect app is compatible with iOS devices (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices (Android 4.4 and up).
Rechargeable Battery: The Sony WH-CH700N over-ear headphones are equipped with a 3.65-volt Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery to power the Bluetooth and Noise Cancelation functions. The battery fully charges in approximately 7 hours via USB using the included Micro USB cable. With a 10-minute Quick Charge, you can get about 60 minutes of music playback. (See battery life estimates below in Specifications.)
- Frequency Response:
- Wired: 7Hz to 20kHz (with or with NC)
- Wireless: 20Hz to 20kHz (with or without NC)
- Sensitivity: 97dB/mW (wired, NC on); 98dB/mW (wired, NC off)
- Impedance: 22Ω (wired, NC on); 48Ω (wired, NC off)
- Full Charging Time: approx. 7 hours
- Battery Life (estimated):
- Music Playback:
- 35 hours (wireless, NC on)
- 40 hours (wireless, NC off)
- 50 hours (wired, NC on)
- 35 hours (NC on)
- 40 hours (NC off)
- 35 hours (NC on)
- 200 hours (NC off)
- Music Playback:
- Earcups: Width 3.323" Height 3.979" Depth 1.896"
- Headband: Width 1.15"
- Weight: 8.2 ounces (w/o cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Levi helped me :) [ Silje Sep 08, 2018 ]
The price was excellent and the reviews on this item were very good. [ James Jul 17, 2018 ]
advisor's recommendation [ TOM Mar 27, 2018 ]
Value for the money in the purchase of wireless bluetooth over ear headphones and Sony quality expectations. Already own Bose soundlink non noise canceling on ear set, very pleased with Bose but budget can't justify $350 for Bose QC II saving $150 for this comparable unit [ JOHN Mar 25, 2018 ]
Sony known for quality. The wired/wireless capability should make these ideal for travel or home. [ Joe Jul 17, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
There is no Bose Quiet 2. Are you asking about the QuietComfort 25? In any case. If you have your choices narrowed down to 2 or 3 models. I recommend taking advantage of Cruchfield's (and/or other companies) generous return policy and order them all to compare for yourself. While it's pretty easy to make an objective judgement about noise canceling, "quality" of sound and construction will be much more subjective. I wouldn't rely on someone else to make a broad judgement that one pair of headphones is "better" than another. Good luck! [ Paul Apr 02, 2018 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Apr 02, 2018 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Over-ear Bluetooth® wireless noise-canceling headphones
Wireless Bluetooth® over-ear headphones
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
Over-ear wireless noise-cancelling headphones
JBL Everest 310
On-ear wireless Bluetooth® headphones$199.99