Peachtree Audio nova150
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC, optional Bluetooth® (Piano Black)
Our take on the Peachtree Audio nova150 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A next-generation integrated amplifier for digital and analog music lovers
Peachtree Audio, a leader in high-end digital audio gear, raises the bar with its new generation of nova integrated amplifiers. The nova150 can accommodate nearly any audio source you can think of, from a turntable to an iPhone®. It even has a discrete amplifier for headphone listening. Designed by a team of world-class engineers and manufactured right here in North America, this stylish integrated amplifier continues Peachtree's tradition of making products that sound every bit as good as they look.
An improved amplifier and premium DAC for high-resolution audio enjoyment
The nova150 uses a new ICEpower® amplifier for lower distortion, less noise, and a simplified overall design. Musical and dynamic, this powerful amplifier can drive just about any set of speakers, since it puts out 150 watts per channel and handles impedances down to 2.5 ohms. Its built-in ES9018K2M Sabre32 Reference digital-to-analog converter delivers precisely detailed sound with a wide range of digital audio signals, all the way up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM and 5.6MHz DSD.
All music sources are welcome
For digital music sources, the nova150 offers an asynchronous USB input for a computer, along with a coaxial input and two optical inputs that accommodate signals up to 24-bit/192kHz. There's even a dedicated asynchronous USB input for a direct digital wired connection to Apple Lightning devices. Use the cable that came with your iPhone or iPad® to connect your device and listen to your music and apps with the nova's superior processing and sound quality. The included remote lets you control playback and skip tracks on any compatible app. You get analog connections for old-school music sources, too. For vinyl lovers, there's a moving magnet (MM) phono input for a direct turntable connection.
The nova150 has Peachtree's sought-after Home Theater Bypass (HTB) feature for easy integration with a multichannel preamp/processor or A/V receiver. With HTB, the nova150's power amplifier drives the front left and right speakers of your home theater. This frees up your receiver to drive the center and surround speakers more efficiently while improving sound quality for your front speakers. The Volume Control Bypass feature puts the Nova150 into "power amp" mode, letting you control volume from a knob or slider on your favorite device or app.
Headphone fans, take note
The nova150 has a discrete, low-impedance headphone amplifier that brings brilliant sound to just about any headphones out there. The speakers and preamp outputs are automatically muted when you plug your headphones in, and the volume knob becomes a headphone volume controller. The system reverts back to an integrated amplifier as soon as you unplug your headphones.
- 150 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at less than 1% THD
- 250 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at less than 1% THD
- 2.5-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- ESS Sabre ES9018K2M Reference DAC for high dynamic range, low noise, and jitter elimination
- latest-generation ICEpower® Class D solid state power amp
- USB (Type B) port supports PCM digital audio sources up to 32-bit/384 kHz resolution, plus Direct Stream Digital (DSD) files up to 5.6 MHz resolution
- USB (Type A) port for direct digital audio from Apple® Lightning® devices
- asynchronous USB technology with advanced noise isolation for reduced timing jitter and better sound on USB input
- built-in high-performance headphone amplifier drives demanding headphones with ease
- home theater bypass for easy integration with a multi-channel preamp/processor or A/V receiver
- high-gloss wood cabinet for a cool retro look
- wireless remote
- add Bluetooth® with the optional BT1 adapter (not included)
- rear-panel USB (Type B) port for connection to a computer
- front-panel USB (Type A) port for connecting USB memory devices and iPod/iPhone
- digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial
- 2 stereo RCA analog inputs
- phono input for use with a turntable
- full-size 1/4" headphone jack (compatible with headphones up to 600 ohms impedance)
- remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- detachable power cord
- 14-1/16"W x 4-3/8"H x 13-1/4"D
- weight: 15 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Stereo integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Instruction booket
Best Amp. I have ever owned I would highly recommend it.
Warren, Lynn Haven, FL
Peachtree Audio nova150 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||150|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||250|
|Minimum Impedance||2.5 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||111|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||PCM, DSD|
|Total Analog Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Integrated Amplifier: The Peachtree Audio nova150 integrated amplifier combines an ES9018K2M SABRE32 Reference DAC, ICEPower amplification, discrete headphone amplifier, and a MM Phono input circuit. Its combination of high output power, transparent sound, and digital and analog connectivity make it simple to enjoy all of your music with uncompromising sound quality.
ESS Reference 9018K2M Sabre32 DAC: The nova150 utilizes the highly regarded ES9018K2M SABRE32 Reference DAC. The ES9018K2M SABRE32 Reference DAC is capable of accepting an extremely wide range of inputs all the way up to 32-Bit/384kHz PCM and 5.2MHz DSD (double-DSD). The DAC exhibits exemplary dynamic range, jitter elimination and low noise characteristics to satisfy even the most demanding listeners.
ICEPower Amplification: The nova150 incorporates the latest generation of ICEPower amplification, with an impressive 150 watts per channel. The amplifier utilizes ICEpower's innovative and patented Hybrid Controlled Oscillation Modulator (HCOM) feedback and control techniques to ensure high output, wide bandwidth, low noise, robust stability and a simplified overall design. HCOM incorporates separate feedback loops after the power stage and after the output filter. This lets the system address specific issues related to the power stage and output filter independently, resulting in lower distortion, less noise on the output, a less load-dependent frequency response, and a very low output impedance compared to other class D amps. This new amplifier technology is extremely powerful, dynamic, quiet and most importantly - musical. Relatively small size and superior efficiency allows the nova chassis that is even smaller than its predecessors, without the large, heavy and expensive heat sinking common in class A/B amplifiers. The amplifier in the nova150 is capable of driving an extremely wide range of speakers with impedances as low as 2.5Ω and as high as 16Ω. Combine that with a power output of 150 watts per channel and you can be sure this new nova will easily drive your favorite loudspeaker.
Extensive Power Supply & Grounding Design: The nova150 utilizes an extensive power supply and grounding design to ensure the noise floor is pushed as far down as possible to allow the music to shine through. Peachtree's engineers spent hours upon hours determining the optimal power supply filtering and grounding scheme to prevent any unwanted noise from finding its way into the signal path. As a result, the nova150 achieves a remarkable dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio. Turn up the nova150 to full volume without music playing, put your ear to the speaker and enjoy the lack of noise.
Asynchronous USB Inputs: The Nova150 includes an asynchronous USB-B for a computer and an asynchronous USB-A for Apple iOS devices with Lightning connector. The USB-A port also features exclusive Peachtree DyNEC (Dynamic Noise Elimination Circuit) technology.
- USB-B Input for Computer Audio (Windows or Mac): The Nova150's asynchronous USB-B input allows direct digital connection to your Windows or Mac computer for PCM and DSD audio playback. Asynchronous technology allows the digital clock inside Nova150 to control the flow of data coming from your computer. This method of communication leads to less jitter (timing errors) for the unit's ESS Reference Sabre32 DAC to deal with which results in clearer more defined sound. The unit supports 16-32bit, 44.1-384kHz PCM music files and 2.8824-5.6448MHz, 1-bit DSD music files. For playback of files above 96kHz, Windows requires installation of Peachtree Audio's USB 2.0 driver on your PC before it will be compatible.
- USB-A Input for Apple iOS Lightning Devices (w/ DyNEC): The Nova150 includes a dedicated asynchronous USB-A connection on the rear-panel that provides a direct digital wired connection to Apple iOS Lightning equipped devices. The exclusive Peachtree DyNEC (Dynamic Noise Elimination Circuit) eliminates all audible power supply and screen noise that can be created by plugging in an Apple iOS device. Once all sources of noise are eliminated, music files are "handed off" to our internal ESS SABRE32 Reference DAC - further improving performance via asynchronous connection, and eliminating any timing errors caused by jitter. With DyNEC and an asynchronous connection, Peachtree's dedicated iOS input lets you hear your music with all the clarity, dynamics and emotion the artist intended. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad and enjoy the music and apps of your mobile device with the DAC and sound quality of the Nova150. Compatible with the following Apple iOS Lightning equipped devices - iPod touch (5th gen and newer), iPhone (5 and newer), & iPad (Air/mini/Pro). Make sure your Apple device has the latest iOS version installed.
Optical/Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Nova150 is equipped with two optical (toslink) and one coaxial (RCA) digital inputs for connecting external digital audio sources such as your Blu-ray/DVD player or cable/satellite box. The optical and coaxial digital inputs support up to 16-24bit, 44.1-192kHz PCM 2ch audio.
Phono Input: The nova150 includes a moving magnet (MM) phono input for direct connection of a turntable. This custom designed Phono input circuit accommodates a wide range of MM cartridge outputs. With the nova150 you no longer need an external phono preamp unless you are using a lower output moving coil (MC) cartridge. In that case, the internal phono preamp in the nova150 can be bypassed, allowing the phono input to accept line-level signals from a dedicated phonoa preamp or any other line-level device.
Discrete Headphone Amp: The nova150 is outfitted with a newly designed, discrete low-impedance headphone amplifier. It can easily drive any headphones on the market, and drive them well. The signal-to-noise ratio of the circuitry will impress even the most die-hard headphone enthusiast. When you plug headphones in, the speakers and preamp outputs are automatically muted and the volume knob becomes a dedicated headphone volume controller. Unplug the headphones, and the system reverts back to being an integrated amplifier. The nova150 is fitted with a full-size 1/4" headphone jack on the front-panel.
Binding-Post Speaker Terminals: The unit's binding-post speaker terminals are clearly marked red-positive and black-negative for proper polarity connections. The amplifier's binding-post speaker terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (single only), & pin-connectors. Use speakers with a nominal impedance between 2.5-16Ω.
Home Theater Bypass (HTB): Home Theater Bypass (HTB) allows for easy integration with a multi-channel preamp/processor or audio/video receiver, so that the power amplifier in the nova150 drives the front left and right speakers for stereo and multi-channel listening. The nova150 amplifier section is likely more powerful and better sounding than many AV receiver available today, and relieving the AVR from driving the front left and right speakers makes it much easier for the receiver to drive the center and surround speakers. When listening to stereo music the nova150 becomes your control center, and you can enjoy the full benefit of its reference DAC and ultra-low-noise circuitry. If the HTB input isn't needed it can be configured as a standard analog line-level input.
Input/Output Loop & Preamp Output: The nova150 includes an extremely useful loop (output/input) feature, allowing you to add an external tube buffer, equalizer or other processor into the signal path as desired. The LOOP button on the remote control engages and disengages the loop audio path utilizing high-performance relays. The stereo RCA preamp-outputs allow you to use an external amplifier with the Nova150; they also provide connections for a powered subwoofer.
Volume Control Bypass ("Power Amp Mode"): The nova150 provides a Volume Control Bypass feature on its digital inputs which puts the nova150 into a "power amp" mode. This is particularly useful if you have a connected source with its own volume control. For example - if you have a favorite device or app with a volume slider built right into the interface, simply bypass the nova150 volume control for that input and use the app slider instead.
Remote Control: The nova150 comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the integrated amplifier. The remote control offers the same functions as the nova150's front-panel controls, plus adds a mute button and basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) for your connected Apple iOS Lightning equipped device. The remote is powered by two "AAA" batteries (supplied). The remote control IR sensor is located in the center of the nova150's front-panel. The integrated amp also includes a rear-panel IR input & 12V trigger output.
- IR Input: The IR input (3.5mm) accepts input from an Infrared (IR) repeater/distribution system.
- 12V Trigger Output: The 12V trigger output (3.5mm) enables power on/off control of another component with a 12V trigger input.
Optional Accessories: Peachtree Audio offers an optional Bluetooth receiver and WiFi module (both sold separately) for the nova150 integrated amplifier, so you can enjoy wireless audio playback.
- Bluetooth Receiver: The Peachtree BT1 add-on Bluetooth music receiver (731BT1, sold separately) enables wireless connection of your Bluetooth-enabled devices (such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, Mac computer, etc.) to the nova150 integrated amplifier. Now, you will be able to listen to music files and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices through the nova150. The BT1 Bluetooth receiver can plug into the nova150's stereo RCA analog input or optical digital input.
- WiFi Module (Coming Soon): The nova150 was designed to accommodate Peachtree's add-on Wi-Fi module (sold separately), which is currently under development (no ETA). Peachtree engineers have even reserved an input button on the front-panel for it. This will allow you to stream audio directly into the nova150 without the need for connecting any wires.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I have owned a Peachtree iDecco for about 8 years. I recently added a Sonos connect and a couple of speakers. An amazing amp esp. for digital music but adding the Connect really drained power from my high end with its 40W per channel. Decided to upgrade and for the money no better amps than the Peachtree. I think that the Nova 150 will suit my needs perfectly. [ Dennis Jan 06, 2018 ]
Great young company with name recognition. The Sabre DAC and additional connections were very impressive, plus it is a good looking piece! [ Robert Dec 12, 2017 ]
Design, Power, Inputs supported and flexibility [ Craig Dec 07, 2017 ]
The combination of inputs is very well thought out. You can do a lot of things you might really want to do, and there aren't any silly features that no one would use. It's also a very good pre-amp, amp, and dac at a reasonable price. [ lewis Jul 13, 2017 ]
The reviews are off the charts. Plus engineered for the digital streaming age. [ Patrick Nov 22, 2017 ]
I'm a professional musician. If you buy any other amp then you will have bought an other amp. [ EVA Mar 26, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
Yes.The manual nicely shows how to use the feature. It will use one of your two line-level inputs. In this mode, your Denon will send L/R main-channel signal to the Peachtree and those two speakers will be powered by the Nova150's amplifier (which is superior to the Denon AVR-2100W main channels). Also, whereas the other channels borrow electronics from elsewhere in the Denon (they are not truly, fully discrete channels), the Denon will have less strain for the remainder of channels and your system should sound better. When you're not using the Denon (ie, not watching TV or movie) and just want two-channel stereo, you'll be using other inputs on the Nova150. Bottom line, yes, you can use it, it is practical and would be an improvement for multi-channel in your current set-up. [ Brent Jan 15, 2018 ]
Frequently Compared With
Peachtree Audio nova150
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC, optional Bluetooth®
Peachtree Audio decco125 SKY
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC and Wi-Fi®
Cambridge Audio Azur 851A
Stereo integrated amplifier
NAD C 388
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC and Bluetooth®