Supercardioid dynamic microphone
Our take on the AKG D7 by Crutchfield's Alexander Hrabe
A tradition of excellence
Over sixty-five years ago, AKG began making microphones that were quickly embraced for their exceptional quality. Today, AKG's emphasis on continuous innovation keeps them in the forefront of microphone technology. If sound quality is your top priority, AKG microphones can make the difference between a good show and a great show.
When it's all about the vocals, AKG's D7 reference dynamic microphone is the professional choice. Merging the flat frequency response of a condenser mic with the impact of a dynamic mic, the D7 spotlights the vocalist in the mix. The mic's humbucking design and built-in high-pass filter effectively suppress any unwanted low-frequency rumbling, while the dual-layer diaphragm produces an exceptionally crisp, accurate sound.
Built to last
Live gigs can be rough on your equipment, but the D7's solid, zinc alloy die-cast body and precision metal dust filter protect the diaphragm, ensuring an extra-long life. A special suspension isolates the diaphragm, eliminating any handling noise.
- handheld dynamic vocal mic
- supercardioid pattern for highest feedback suppression
- dual-thickness Varimotion diaphragm provides open sound in all frequency ranges
- integrated hum compensation coil for cleanest sound
- mechano-pneumatic suspension effectively eliminates handling noises
- frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 600 ohms
- maximum SPL: 156 dB
- weight: 0.70 lbs.
- stand adapter
- microphone case
- warranty: 2 years limited
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|