DJI Inspire 1 RAW
Professional-level drone with 4K RAW video recording and integrated 512GB SSD storage
Our take on the DJI Inspire 1 RAW by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Superb videography from the sky
The Inspire 1 RAW offers spectacular Ultra High Definition 4K aerial videography.
The DJI Inspire 1 RAW offers unparalleled aerial filmmaking capabilities. It features the same highly advanced flight platform as other models in DJI's Inspire 1 Series, but it's fitted with the best quality camera and image processor available. The gimbal-mounted Zenmuse X5R captures spectacular detail with unrivaled precision and accuracy. It's no wonder professional TV and movie makers have been using it worldwide for their aerial footage.
Zenmuse X5R camera
The Inspire 1 RAW captures Ultra High Definition 4K RAW video at multiple frame rates. It also takes amazing 16-megapixel still photos. The included 72° wide-angle lens eliminates distortion and captures crisp, vivid detail. The gimbal rotates a full 360°, giving you virtually limitless options for content creation. Built-in image stabilization keeps your video content smooth, even at high speeds. The included lens is detachable and replaceable with compatible Micro Four Thirds format lenses.
Record lossless 4K videos in RAW
With an average bitrate of 1.7Gbps (2.4Gbps max.) and frame rates up to 30 fps, the X5R is able to record and store incredibly high-quality RAW footage. It offers significantly less compression than other models for superior image quality and professional editing options. Filmmakers will appreciate the selectable high-dynamic range (HDR) for both 1080p and 4K. The camera's Micro Four Thirds image sensor is physically larger than the sensors found in other aerial cameras, giving better results in a wider range of lighting conditions. The Zenmuse X5R has an integrated 512GB SSD drive for storing the lossless video it records.
Built for performance and longevity
The Inspire 1's sleek, aerodynamic body is both lightweight and very durable. Large propellers and powerful motors provide accurate flying, even in windy conditions. Once the Inspire 1 lifts off, a transformation switch on the remote raises the landing gear. The strong carbon fiber arms lift up, opening up a 360° view for the camera. The Inspire 1 includes DJI's 3-axis gimbal technology, ensuring that even through turbulence your footage remains stable. Built-in GPS and a highly sensitive compass provide precise control and maneuverability. Downward facing sensors stabilize the drone when it's close to the ground. This means it can fly indoors, and can hover safely at low altitudes — even without a GPS signal.
Smooth and flexible flying
The included controller features sensitive and responsive control sticks that make piloting smooth and intuitive. Built-in dials control gimbal movement and camera settings, and dedicated buttons provide easy video recording and photo capture. Connect your smartphone or tablet and use DJI's Lightbridge HD video downlink to see real-time HD footage. Their GO app (available for Apple® and Android™ devices) allows you to quickly change camera settings, and also includes a full manual mode. A return-to-home button makes bringing the Inspire 1 back to you easy. The remote can pilot your drone from over one mile away.
Dual operator control
Unlock the Inspire 1's full creative potential by using a second controller at the same time. One person controls the gimbal and camera while another pilots the aircraft. Both controllers get live data and video information right to the docked displays. You can quickly assign different levels of control and functionality for each operator depending on your circumstances. The remote's built-in rechargeable battery lets you make multiple flights before recharges. The remaining battery life is shown right on the remote, and built-in alerts let you know when power is running low.
- remote-controlled flying quadcopter drone with built-in 4K RAW video camera
- integrated 512GB SSD drive for storing lossless video
- includes remote control with a built-in tablet and phone dock
- max. speed of 40 miles per hour
- 2.79 mile max. service ceiling above sea level
- approximately 13 minutes of flight time on a fully charged battery
- utilizes GLONASS and GPS as a dual-positioning system to get higher precision and quicker satellite acquisition
- features 13" carbon fiber-reinforced quick release rotors
- uses brushless motors with curved magnets for increased efficiency
- returns home if the battery runs low or connection with the remote controller is lost
- TB47 4500 mAh battery included
- 7 lbs. 8 oz.
Zenmuse X5R Camera:
- Micro Four Thirds lens with 9 elements in 7 groups (3 aspherical elements)
- supports compatible Olympus, Panasonic, and DJI lenses
- for more info, see DJI's compatibility list
- 16-megapixel CMOS sensor
- f/1.7-f/16 aperture range
- ISO range of 100-25600
- shutter speeds between 1/8000 and 8 seconds
- 72° diagonal field of view
- 15mm focal length offers clear wide-angle shots
- supports micro SD cards up to 64GB (Speed class 10 or UHS-1 rating required)
- integrated 512GB SSD drive for storing lossless video
- video recording: MP4/MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
- 4096 x 2160p at 24 fps and 25 fps
- 3840 x 2160p at 25 fps and 30 fps
- 1920 x 1080p at 24 fps, 25 fps 30 fps, 48 fps, 50 fps, and 60 fps
- still photography:
- single-frame, burst shooting, and time-lapse modes available
- JPEG and DNG formats supported
- max. image size 4608 x 3456
- built-in mobile device holder for tablets or smartphones
- features USB and mini-HDMI connections for an external display
- transmitting distance of over one mile
- operating frequency ranges of 2.4-2.483 GHz and 5.725-5.825 GHz
- includes rechargeable 6000 mAh LiPo 2S battery
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.