Canon PIXMA Pro-10
Wireless 10-color large-format photo printer
From Canon: PIXMA PRO-10 Photo Printer
Our take on the Canon PIXMA Pro-10 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Professional-quality photos and wireless convenience
Let Canon's PIXMA Pro-10 turn your favorite digital images into gorgeous, gallery-ready prints at sizes all the way up to 13" x 19". Unlike most consumer inkjet printers that use dye-based inks, the Pro-10's advanced 10-color pigment-based ink system produces longer-lasting prints with exceptional accuracy and smooth gradations of color. Special matte black, photo black, and gray ink cartridges also deliver rich grayscale and monochrome prints for beautiful black and white photography.
With built-in Wi-Fi® and Ethernet connectivity, this large-format printer gives you the freedom to place it wherever it's convenient while allowing multiple users to seamlessly print from different networked computers anywhere in your home or studio. You can also connect via USB to most newer cameras and camcorders for simple, direct photo printing. Canon's AirPrint feature even lets you print photos, email, Web pages and documents wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®.
The Chroma Optimizer difference
The Pro-10 uses Canon's Chroma Optimizer system. This unique process adds a special coating that enhances the look of your prints. Here's how it works. During the printing process, Chroma Optimizer is applied over the top of the printed image. It then fills in the gaps between ink droplets, smoothing and leveling the surface of the print. This greater surface evenness provides more uniform glossiness, smoother tonal gradations in colors, and improved black density for photos that stand out from the crowd. The Chroma Optimizer layer also reduces the bronzing effect — a phenomenon which creates incorrect colors and adds an unwanted metallic luster due to irregular surface reflections on the print.
- 10-color Lucia pigment ink system with individual color cartridges
- Chroma Optimizer cartridge applies a special coating on the print surface that enhances black density and provides uniform glossiness
- Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) technology
- Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System analyzes picture information and ink mixtures to deliver the best results for each paper type
- supports a wide variety of professional and fine art printing papers
- color print resolution: 4800 x 2400 dpi
- print sizes: letter (8-1/2" x 11"), legal, 4" x 6", 4" x 8", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 11" x 17", 13" x 19"
- dual paper paths let you load a variety of fine art and glossy photo papers into a rear tray or use a manual feed slot for thicker media
- wireless printing through a Wi-Fi computer network (includes support for IEEE 802.11b/g or n standards)
- Ethernet port for printing from a network-connected computer
- AirPrint functionality for direct wireless printing from an iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), or iPod touch (3rd generation or later) device running iOS 4.2 or later
- Direct Print Port for photo printing with PictBridge-compliant cameras and camcorders
- high-speed USB port for connection to a computer
- 27-1/4"W x 8-1/2"H x 15-1/4"D
- weight: 43.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 10 ink tanks (matte black, photo black, gray, cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta, red, and chroma optimizer)
- CD/DVD disc printing tray
- USB cable
- setup CD-ROM (Windows® and Mac®)
- AC power cord
What's in the Box:
- PIXMA Pro-10 Professional Inkjet printer
- 70" AC cord
- 59" USB cable (with Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on the other end)
- CD-R Tray
- Photo Black ink tank (PGI-72PBK)
- Matte Black ink tank (PGI-72MBK)
- Cyan ink tank (PGI-72C)
- Magenta ink tank (PGI-72M)
- Yellow ink tank (PGI-72Y)
- Gray ink tank (PGI-72GY)
- Photo Cyan ink tank (PGI-72PC)
- Photo Magenta ink tank (PGI-72PM)
- Red ink tank (PGI-72R)
- Chroma Optimizer ink tank (PGI-72CO)
- PIXMA Pro-10 series Setup CD-ROM for Windows (U1.0)
- PIXMA Pro-10 series Setup CD-ROM for Mac OS (U1.0)
- Sample pack of five 8.5" x 11" sheets of LU-101 Photo Paper Pro Luster
- Getting Started booklet (Eng/Span)
- Setup for Non-PC Device Printing (Eng/Span)
- Limited US Warranty sheet (Eng/Span)
- Important Notice sheet (concerning the proper handling of the Print Head)
- Safety and Important Information sheet (Eng/Span)
- Apple Air Print sheet
- "Get the Most Out of Your Canon Pro Printer" sheet
Great photo printing, works well with both computer and Andoid phone.
Dan, Eugene, OR
Canon PIXMA Pro-10 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Lucia Ink System: The Canon PIXMA Pro-10 Photo Printer features the Canon 10-color Lucia pigment-based ink system for rich color reproduction. There are three monochrome inks to give you sharp, deep black density when creating monochrome prints. Since the Lucia inks are pigment based, your prints will be vivid and long-lasting. The ink tanks are 14ml in volume. The following inks are included with the printer:
- PGI-72MBK: Matte Black
- PGI-72PBK: Photo Black
- PGI-72GY: Gray
- PGI-72C: Cyan
- PGI-72PC: Photo Cyan
- PGI-72R: Red
- PGI-72M: Magenta
- PGI-72PM: Photo Magenta
- PGI-72Y: Yellow
- PGI-72CO: Chroma Optimizer
Optimum Image Generating System: The Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System utilizes two major technologies implemented in the PIXMA Pro-10. The first is a sophisticated mixing balance of inks determined from numerous ink combinations and advanced analysis. During this analysis, the OIG System carefully calculates the best results for each print mode and paper type used while looking at various image factors including color reproduction, tonal gradations, black density, low graininess, glossiness, anti-bronzing and anti-metamerism. These critical ink balancing principles are derived from Canon's expertise in imaging technology, as well as the familiar colors of life that people see and remember on a daily basis. The second is the balancing of color reproduction, tonal gradations, and uniform glossiness.
Resolution: Canon's Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance print head with an amazing 7,680 nozzles, ejecting precise, consistent droplets as small as 4 picoliters. The result is 4800 x 2400 dpi max resolution for color and black & white prints producing richer images with improved brilliancy, rivaling that of positive film.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet Connectivity: The Pro-10 has built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and an RJ-45 Ethernet port to allow you to place the printer where it's convenient, especially when there isn't room near your computer. Multiple users can print from several computers, either wirelessly or networked together.
USB Connectivity: The printer has two USB inputs: a Type B Hi-Speed USB port for connecting your computer to the printer, and a Type A USB "PictBridge" port for printing directly from a compatible digital camera, camcorder, or camera phone, without a computer.
Apple AirPrint: The printer is compatible with Apple AirPrint, which enables you to print photos, email, Web pages, and documents directly from your Apple device to the printer without installing a driver. Functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as the iOS device.
PictBridge: You can connect this printer directly to any PictBridge-compliant digital camera. The PictBridge standard allows you to connect a PictBridge-compliant digital camera directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
Print Sizes: The Pro-10 can make various sizes of bordered or borderless photos. It can print 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 8.5" x 11" (letter), 11" x 14" (legal), 11" x 17", and 13" x 19" sized photos. It can also print letter and legal sized documents.
Paper Type: The Pro-10 printer is compatible with many varieties of Canon photo and fine art paper. In addition, you can use papers from numerous non-Canon brands. Plain paper, including recycled paper, from 17 lb to 28 lb can be used as well. The Canon paper recommended for the Pro-10 include:
- Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)
- Photo Paper Plus Luster (LU-101)
- Matte Photo Paper (MP-101)
- Fine Art Photo Rag (FA-PR1)
- Fine Art Museum Etching (FA-ME1)
Dual Paper Path: The Pro-10 has two paper sources. The rear tray (or "auto sheet feeder") allows you to load up to 150 sheets of plain paper, up to 20 sheets of photo paper, up to 10 sheets of Letter/8" x 10" photo paper, or 1 sheet of A3+ photo paper. Single sheets or particularly thick paper up to 14" x 17" can be fed from the Manual Feeder.
Disc Label Printing: In addition to conventional printing, the Pro-10 has a tray that allows you to print directly onto the printable surface of a CD or DVD. You can use standard sized 12 cm or the smaller 8 cm discs (with supplied adapter). The discs used must be specifically compatible with inkjet printers. The printable area of the disc excludes the 1 mm area from the internal and external diameters of the label.
Print Speed: The printer can produce an 8" x 10" bordered color photo in approximately 3 minutes 35 seconds. An 11'' x 14" color and grayscale photo can be printed in approximately 5 minutes and 20 seconds. The USB Hi-Speed interface enables fast data transfers from your computer, reducing total print time.
Grayscale: This printer allows you to print full-color digital photos in grayscale. The printer uses black and gray ink for grayscale printing together with the minimum amount of color ink required. This prevents color inconsistency in grayscale photos. In addition, you can print grayscale photos with a cool bluish tint or a warm reddish tint.
Ink Level: You can confirm the ink level using the printer status monitor, displayed every time you print from your computer. You can also confirm ink status using the ink lamps on the printer. LEDs above each ink tank will flash slowly or quickly to indicate whether the ink is low or out.
Operating System Compatibility: The Canon Pro-10 printer is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- Windows Vista (SP2)
- Windows XP (SP3) (32-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.77
Included Software: The included CD-ROM includes the following software:
- PIXMA Pro-10 Printer Driver
- My Image Garden
- Full HD Movie Print
- Creative Park Premium
- Print Studio Pro
- Quick Menu
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I have had one for nearly nine months and it has given me none of the problems discussed above. Particularly good for high resolution photo printing. No complaints. [ MICHAEL Mar 24, 2014 ]
I've had the printer for a couple of weeks and it's been amazing! Haven't printed 100's of photos or anything, but I haven't had any problems with the ones I have printed. No bleeding or jamming. Easy set up and usage, but it is a tank, big and heavy. I'm very happy with my purchase. I was looking at an epson that offered prints up to 17in wide, but it had horrible reviews. Made buying this one an easy decision. No regrets. [ L Mar 24, 2014 ]