7.2-channel home theater receiver with Bluetooth®
Our take on the Sony STR-DH770 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A great foundation for your home theater
The Sony STR-DH770 has a lot to offer the budget-conscious, value-driven customer. Got a 4K TV? This 7.2-channel receiver is ready for the latest Ultra HD content, including 4K Blu-ray discs encoded with HDR (High Dynamic Range) information. Built-in Bluetooth gives you tons of music options for streaming from a compatible device. NFC touch pairing lets you tap a compatible phone or tablet to the receiver for an instant wireless connection. Setup and control are easy with the receiver's intuitive on-screen guide, and Digital Cinema Auto Calibration ensures optimal sound. The included setup microphone measures your room's acoustics and tailors the sound to your speakers and space.
Flexible speaker configuration options for the sound you want
The STR-DH770 gives you several different options for setting up your speakers. Even if you're starting with a pair of stereo speakers, you can still enjoy immersive surround sound effects thanks to Sony's front surround sound technology. With seven speakers, you can choose whether you want to use the sixth and seventh channels for Surround Back or Front High speakers. Alternatively, you can use those channels to power a second set of "B" speakers in another room. If you're happy with a five-speaker setup, you can bi-amp compatible front speakers for fuller, more detailed sound.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 90 watts per channel into 6 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- front surround sound technology lets you enjoy surround sound effects using only two front speakers
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration for easy, accurate speaker setup
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible devices
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 4 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and monitor out)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from a USB memory device
- composite video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- digital audio inputs: 1 optical and 1 coaxial
- 4 analog stereo audio inputs
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- preamp outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- outputs for seven speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Surround Back channel outputs can also be used as Front High or Front B speakers, or to bi-amp compatible Front speakers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- 3D and 4K HDMI pass-through
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- BRAVIA Sync for one-remote operation with compatible Sony components
- convenient on-screen display (via HDMI only)
- 30 FM presets (no AM tuner)
- remote control
- 16-15/16"W x 6-1/8"H x 13-5/8"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- Wireless remote control (RMT-AA231U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Automatic calibration microphone (ECM-AC2)
- FM wire antenna
- Operating Instructions
- Startup Guide
- "Before Connecting Speakers" note
- "How To Set Up The SongPal App" instructions
- US Warranty Information Cananda Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
At the right price this is a very good home entertainment receiver. Main complaint is manual that comes with is is terrible. To adjust things had to either go to on-line manual or look for an online video.
Anonymous, Malibu, CA
Sony STR-DH770 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Assignable 7-Channel Amplifier: The Sony STR-DH770 AV receiver is equipped with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 90 watts (into 6-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.09% THD, driving 2 channels). The AV receiver's Surround Back/Front Height amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- Surround Back: Allows you to enjoy high-fidelity reproduction of Dolby Digital TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD (High-Resolution Audio or Master Audio) with 7.1 channel surround, using the Surround Back speaker channels.
- Front Height: You can enjoy vertical sound effects if you connect two additional Front-Height speakers; no Surround Back speakers in this configuration.
- B-Speakers: If you are only connecting a 5.1ch speaker system, you can use the Surround Back/Front Height amp channels as a Speaker B output, allowing you to place a pair of speakers in another room of the house. Speaker B can be played at the same time of Speaker A, or by itself. Speaker B uses the same volume control and source input as Speaker A.
- Front Bi-Amp: If you are not using the Surround Back/Front Height at all, you can connect them to your front speakers using a bi-amplifier connection (if applicable). This provides even better sound quality from your front speakers. Your home theater setup will be limited to 5.1ch.
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration (DCAC): The Sony STR-DH770 is equipped with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration Technology which uses the included microphone to automatically check the speaker connections, adjust the speaker output levels, calculate the distance from each speaker to the listening position, and distinguish frequency characteristics of each speaker. The microphone has an 15' cord attached that plugs into the microphone input on front of the receiver. You can also choose to manually adjust the AV receiver's speaker settings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) & Supported Digital Audio Formats: The STR-DH770 incorporates a powerful DSP that supports the latest surround sound formats and ensures the highest accuracy in the decoding of a variety of Dolby Digital, DTS, DSD & PCM audio formats. The digital audio formats that this receiver can decode depend on the digital audio output jacks of the connected device. This receiver supports the following audio formats
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|DSD||2-6ch, 2.8MHz, 1-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Direct Stream Digital (DSD): Enjoy studio-quality sound thanks to the Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio codec; designed specifically for High-Resolution Audio. This 1-bit format utilizes a stream of very high frequency 1s and 0s to recreate audio waveforms at a higher resolution than conventional codecs. The result is clearer, crisper, High-Resolution Audio quality. The STR-DH770 supports DSD 2.8 MHz (up to 5.1ch) decoding thru HDMI.
HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD D.C.S): HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD-D.C.S.) is Sony's new innovative home theater technology using the latest acoustic and digital signal processing technologies. It is based on precise response measurement data of a mastering studio. With this mode, you are able to enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies at home with not only the high quality of sound, but also the best sound ambience, just as the movie's sound engineer intended in the mastering process.
- For Movies: Select from Dynamic, Theater, & Studio.
- For Music: Select from Berlin Concert Hall, Jazz Club, Live Concert, Stadium, or Sports.
Direct & Headphone Modes: The Sony AV receiver offers two Direct audio modes and a Headphone 2ch for higher fidelity sound.
- Analog Direct: The receiver's Analog Direct mode outputs audio from only the front left and right speakers without any tone or DSP processing; only the volume and front speaker balance adjustments are active.
- Pure Direct: To further enhance sound quality, the receiver's Pure Direct mode not only bypasses the tone and DSP processing, but also turns off the front-panel display to suppress any noise which may affect sound quality.
- HP 2CH: This mode is selected automatically if you use headphones. Standard 2-channel stereo sources completely bypass the sound field processing and multi-channel surround formats are downmixed to 2 channels except LFE signals
Advanced Audio Settings: These advanced audio settings allow you to tailor the sound to your source content, listening conditions, and your personal preferences.
- Front Surround: The AV receiver's S-Force PRO front surround mode delivers a virtual surround acoustic field using only 2.1 channels (a pair of front speakers & powered sub). So there is no need to place rear speakers behind you.
- In-Ceiling Speaker Mode: This feature will virtually re-locate the Front and Center speakers of your in-ceiling speakers to around the screen. Now you will hear their characters' voices coming from the screen instead of the ceiling. This mode also makes music sound more natural and rich in the room with in-ceiling speakers.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the tonal quality (bass & treble level) of the front speakers from -6dB to +6dB, in 1dB steps.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume adjust the volume automatically depending on the input signal or content from the connected equipment. This function is useful, for example, when the sound of a commercial is louder than the TV programs.
- Dynamic Range Compressor: This feature allows you to compress the dynamic range of the sound track. You can select standard or maximum compression, or off (only works with Dolby Digital sources).
- Night Mode: This function allows you to retain a theater like environment at low volume levels. When watching a movie late at night, you will still be able to hear the dialog clear even at a low volume level.
Audio Outputs: The Sony STR-DH770 is fitted with the following audio outputs.
- Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The receiver is equipped with binding post terminals for all speaker channels. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10 AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only). Use speakers with a 6- to 16-ohm impedance.
- Dual Sub Outputs: The AV receiver is fitted with two subwoofer preamp outputs to connect dual powered subs (the subwoofer outputs share the same input signal and are not discrete).
- Front-Panel Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
FM Tuner: The STR-DH770 has 30 presets FM radio stations. In addition to preset and auto tuning, stations can be tuned directly by frequency. Each preset station can be given an 8 character name. There is no AM tuner on this receiver.
HDMI 2.0a: The receiver is equipped with four HDMI 2.0a inputs and one HDMI 2.0a monitor output for connecting HDMI-equipped audio/video component; such as your satellite/cable receiver, Blu-ray/DVD player, and game system; plus your TV. The receiver's HDMI 2.0a jacks are compatible with 4K/60Hz video, 4:4:4 color subsampling, HDR (High Dynamic Range) & BT.2020 video, & HDCP 2.2.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: 4K/60Hz pass-through allows the Sony STR-DH770 to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K/60Hz compatible TV or display monitor.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the receiver's HDMI jacks. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The receiver's HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4 color subsampling for more vibrant and lifelike images, as well as YCbCr 4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling. With 4:4:4, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
Other HDMI Features: Other HDMI features of the Sony STR-DH770 receiver include 3D video, HDMI Standby Pass-Through, A/V Sync, and ARC.
- 3D-Ready: The Sony AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- HDMI Standby Pass-Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature conveniently allows you to access all your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver.
- A/V Sync: The audio output can be delayed (60ms) so that the time gap between the audio output and the visual display is minimized. This is especially helpful when you are using a large LCD or plasma TV or a projection TV.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Color Technologies: The Sony STR-DH770 incorporates Triluminos Color & Deep Color technologies for perfect color and smooth gradation.
- Triluminos Color: The Sony receiver incorporates Sony's Triluminos Color technology to create a heightened sense of depth and incredibly true, natural shades of colors. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better too, with natural skin tones.
- Deep Color: The Sony receiver also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed.
24p True Cinema Mode: The 24p True Cinema Mode allows you to watch movies at their native frame rate 24p format (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player.
Composite Video: The Sony receiver offers two composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output that support up to 480i video. The composite video inputs must be out through the receiver's composite video monitor output (there is not HDMI upconversion).
Wireless Music Streaming: The Sony STR-DH770 features built-in Bluetooth version 4.2 with support for A2DP 1.3 & AVRCP 1.5 for wirelessly streaming and control of music on your Bluetooth-enabled using the AV receiver. You are able to stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet Windows Phone/PC, Mac laptop/computer, other devices the Sony STR-DH770 receiver.
- Simple Multi-Device Pairing: The STR-DH770 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices (up to 9) with a single press of a button and PIN required. Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones that have Near Field Communication (NFC) pair simply by touching the Android device's NFC tag to the receiver's NFC tag on the front-panel. For older Android (OS 2.3.3+)smartphones, you'll need to download the NFC Easy Connect app from Google Play to use the head unit's NFC pairing function. Once paired, the AV receiver will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 98.4')
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the STR-DH770 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the AV receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You'll be able to control basic playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music browsing will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
- No Song/Artist Info: There is no song/artist information display on the receiver or connected TV. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony receiver.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy MP3, WMA, AAC, & WAV music files from a USB mass storage class memory device formatted in FAT/16/32, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The receiver can recognize up to 200 folders and 150 files in each folder. You can use the receiver's front-panel LCD and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Son/artist information will display on the front-panel LCD (not your connected TV). USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Note: The receiver's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets.
IR Remote + Bravia Theater Sync: The supplied IR remote is pre-coded to control this Sony receiver, Sony TVs, Sony CD players, Sony DVD players and recorders, and Sony Blu-ray disc players and recorders. Sony's Bravia Theater Sync feature allows you to easily manage select BRAVIA televisions and Sony HDMI audio and video components with a single remote. By connecting Sony components that are compatible with the HDMI Control function with a HDMI cable, operation is simplified in the following ways.
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a DVD/Blu-ray Disc Player, the receiver and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the speakers connected to the receiver.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the receiver and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
- Theater Mode Sync: Allows you to switch the AV receiver's Theater mode from the receiver's, TV, or connected Blu-ray disc player's remote control, while pointing the remote toward your television.
Music Center App (previously known as SongPal app): Download Sony's free Music Cente app onto your Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 4.4+ device to control the AV receiver from your mobile device via a Bluetooth connection. From the Music Center app, you can select input sources and customize sound settings of the Sony AV receiver. In addition, you can access stored music and other apps on your smartphone using the Music Center app. You'll also be able to browse music stored on an inserted USB mass storage class device from the Music Center app on your compatible smartphone. The SongPal app will display song/artist information and album art.
On-Screen Menu (via HDMI): You can display the menu of the receiver on your HDMI connected TV screen and select the function you want to use from the on-screen menu using the included IR remote control. If your TV is connected to the composite video monitor output, you will need to use the AV receiver's front-panel display when changing settings.
Note: Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
Input Mode: When you connect components to both digital and analog audio input jacks on the receiver, you can fix the audio input mode to either of them, or switch from one to the other, depending on the type of material you intend to watch.
Input Name: You can enter a name of up to 8 characters for each of the receiver's inputs (except Tuner) and display the name on its display. This is convenient for labeling the jacks with the names of your connected components.
Sleep Timer: The unit may be set to automatically turn off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Auto Standby: Auto Standby lets you set the receiver switch to standby mode automatically after 20 minutes when you do not operate the receiver or when there is no signal input to the receiver.
Software Update: By downloading the latest version of software from Sony, you can take advantage of the newest functions. Software updates are done via USB. Visit the Sony eSuport website for the latest software updates.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Good history with Sony products. Was considering two other units until I saw the sale price! Upgrading a non-HDMI Yamaha unit in a bedroom theater system to compliment a new 4K Samsung TV. [ SMITH Apr 08, 2018 ]
I am a Sony enthusiast and wanting to upgrade my existing system to the latest technology. Also this unit was on sale and at this price you can't go wrong! [ Tim Apr 07, 2018 ]
I needed a receiver with HDMI ports. [ Michael Apr 03, 2018 ]
After an extremely lengthy, on about every website research search. The Bottom line came to, Crutchfield had the best deal within my cash flow situation on the right day. I needed best bang for your buck. With as many reliable features as possible. And for my future upgrades. HDCP 2.2 is the little detail that I needed to have for upgrades in the future. If that little bit of info isn't plastered right at the beginning of the description of an AVR unit, it's not compatible with the nextgen of 4K [ Jeremy Apr 03, 2018 ]
good quality, bang for the buck; replaces terrible Integra AV receiver; [ Bruce Apr 03, 2018 ]
trusted seller, good sony name and great price. [ scott Apr 01, 2018 ]
price [ H Apr 01, 2018 ]
Sale Price [ Chuck Mar 18, 2018 ]
Needed upgrade and just bought a Sony tv [ William Mar 18, 2018 ]
Right features. Price Required ARC on HDMI output, meets min power, nice to have binder posts for speaker wire, sony reputation. [ Ronald Mar 17, 2018 ]
SONY HAS GOOD REPUTATION AND GOOD PRODUCTS AND THIS IS MY 3RD SONY HOME THEATER RECEIVER LOVE THE STUFF. [ KEVIN Mar 17, 2018 ]
Features, Price [ John Mar 14, 2018 ]
Buyer reviews. [ Charles Mar 13, 2018 ]
A friend recommended it and it looks like it has all the components that I need THANKS [ Gary Mar 11, 2018 ]
Had good reviews and price was right [ Joshua lynn Mar 09, 2018 ]
Specs, price [ William H. Mar 04, 2018 ]
What I needed. [ D Mark Mar 02, 2018 ]
good affordable unit with Bluetooth and it's a Sony! [ G Mar 02, 2018 ]
Sales price makes this a very attractive unit. It also has all the features I wanted. [ Jeffrey Mar 02, 2018 ]
I love sony receivers [ Damion Feb 28, 2018 ]
just a good sale price [ Ben Feb 28, 2018 ]
Amazing price !!!! [ Mike C Feb 27, 2018 ]
sony is famous for solid quality......... [ DON A Feb 27, 2018 ]
ez to use, best for the money....... [ Khiem Feb 03, 2018 ]
Out with the old in with the new HDIM [ Steve Feb 02, 2018 ]
After speaking with Jenny this receiver was the best choice for my needs. I was replacing an 18yr old AV receiver and not upgrading the speakers. The only option I did not get that I thought was useful was a bluetooth transmitter but I felt the added cost wasn't justified. [ Michael Jan 31, 2018 ]
Price for options you get [ ALLEN Jan 30, 2018 ]
Affordable 4k HDR receiver [ Nicholas Jan 28, 2018 ]
Good Price Sony a good brand Discussion talked about surround sound effect using only 2 speakers. [ Donald Jack Jan 27, 2018 ]
Great price and great advice from Colt. [ Dr Charles Jan 25, 2018 ]
price [ GARY Jan 24, 2018 ]
We choose this because it has true 4K capabilities (not just pass through) and includes HDCP 2.2 support. The STR-DH550 does not. [ Timothy Jan 23, 2018 ]
Value - Quality and features for the price can't be beat! [ cory Jan 23, 2018 ]
Seems like a pretty solid upgrade from my STR-DH700. Hope to finally be able to watch Netflix with surround sound from my Roku 3. LOL [ Steven Jan 21, 2018 ]
This receiver is compatible with my 4K TV and provides all of the audio features I am looking for in a home audio system. As a college student, price is a huge factor, and $200 is a steal for this product. Can't wait to get it! [ Joseph Jan 16, 2018 ]
Father didn't like Denon AV - he likes the Sony Soundscapes and couldn't read the Denon remote (he is 80). I wanted the Sony 1080, but it was out of stock and there was no knowledge when it would be in again, so this was my fallback purchase. [ James Dec 30, 2017 ]
Crutchfield support during and after the purchase is 2nd to none. [ Rodney Dec 30, 2017 ]
Great price & should serve my needs. [ Bernadette Dec 28, 2017 ]
I have been wanting this for several years. Now the price is too good to wait any longer! I know this is a closeout price, but It's time for a new unit. My current Yamaha is 20 years old , but lacks Bluetooth and HDMI inputs. [ Dale Nye Dec 25, 2017 ]
Price, functionality and value [ Joel Dec 19, 2017 ]
A good value for the price of the item. [ Les Dec 16, 2017 ]
for tv speakers [ George Dec 15, 2017 ]
Looking for a temporary receiver since the HDMI output failed on my previous one. Looking to upgrade in the near future. [ Edward Dec 14, 2017 ]
free and fast shipping [ jasonchulo Dec 13, 2017 ]
all my other pieces are Sonys, dvd player,turntable I wanted all to be Sony pieces. [ JUANITA Dec 11, 2017 ]
low price,a/b speaker switch [ Giorgios Dec 09, 2017 ]
price and features [ Carl Dec 08, 2017 ]
Read the reviews. Their prices and customer service have been great over the past 5 years that I have purchased here! [ MARTIN RAY Dec 07, 2017 ]
Had features I needed [ Robert Dec 07, 2017 ]
Seems like a great price on a Receiver that has built in Bluetooth. [ Cory Dec 06, 2017 ]
Price and features [ Eli Dec 06, 2017 ]
I got this due to it being on a great sale price. I'm giving this as a gift and I'm very familiar with the setup of the Sony STR series receivers. I should have this system setup in just a few minutes. Banana plugs is the way to go. [ Michael Dec 05, 2017 ]
I needed a new receiver and this one had Bluetooth. Not to mention the great price for it. [ GABRIEL Dec 02, 2017 ]
Inexpensive 4k HDR Receiver. [ Adam Nov 28, 2017 ]
Good deal, cheapest i could find with bluetooth [ JOSHUA Nov 27, 2017 ]
Price and good reviews [ Ignacio Nov 27, 2017 ]
I was trying to repleace an old Kenwood unit. I'm hoping this will do the job. Not to sure why there not external hookup for and equalizer but I need this to pump some base I have 4 12" Mrs subs with 2 10" pioneers. So well see... [ Damon Nov 26, 2017 ]
FM receiver in my Marantz is 30+ old so it comes and goes. Bought this Sony as replacement and upgrade for my garage. And a 100 less than the one I got for the house..Outstanding Black Friday Deal... MDL [ Michael Nov 25, 2017 ]
existing speaker system [ Gerald Nov 24, 2017 ]
Have been looking at it to replace current home theater receiver. Price, Brand, and Features. [ MICHAEL Nov 23, 2017 ]
Black Friday deal!!!! [ Paul Nov 23, 2017 ]
Quality [ DANIEL TARDI Nov 20, 2017 ]
Purchase this because I needed a receiver they supported 4K resolution. My previous receiver was also a Sony and it worked very well [ Benjamin Nov 19, 2017 ]
Because i currently have pioneer amp that i bought from a big box store, it is not working probably after a short period of time, they will not support it, it is very confusing to set up and use. i think the sony amp will work well with the sony TV i bought from you and i know you will help me get it set up the right way. [ Stefan Sep 30, 2017 ]
I had one that was struck during an storm - this is a replacement [ Harry S. Sep 14, 2017 ]
Best choice for replacing Sony STR-DN1010 [ Kirk Aug 31, 2017 ]
This item appears to check all the boxes for a small-regular size room. Affordability is critical with this item or else other options would have been on the board. [ Corey Aug 06, 2017 ]
This receiver seemed to have more options for the money than others out there. More than I need really. I look forward to trying it out. [ Ryan Jul 17, 2017 ]
Sony's reputation for quality, and the price. [ Kyle Jul 08, 2017 ]
A&B speaker selection. Bluetooth for smart phone play of pandora. [ Timothy Jun 27, 2017 ]
I had an old Sony receiver (STR-DE675), that I purchased several years ago, and it finally cost more to fix than to purchase another receiver. When I discovered this receiver, I was pleasantly surprised. [ Michael Jun 15, 2017 ]
Bought 550 it had problem with video decided to up grade to next model after buying 4k TV [ W Jun 14, 2017 ]
I have a Sony 4-k television and 4-k DVD player. Wanted to combine with a Home Theater Receiver that supported 4-k. [ David Jun 11, 2017 ]
I already own a Sony 4K TV and was looking for a new HDCP capable receiver. [ Jesse May 23, 2017 ]
Price, brand , features Drives All of my speakers nicely. Good cleans sound The wife loves the bluetooth She HATES the Volume ( when I have the remote :} [ tonya May 19, 2017 ]
I love the quality of Sony products [ Karl May 10, 2017 ]
4k passthru, good price , do not need super fancy unit. [ Alan Apr 25, 2017 ]
Already have an older Sony STR-DG820, so replacement was pretty straight forward. Price was right too. [ Mitch Apr 14, 2017 ]
Well reviewed, basic 4K capable AV Receiver for the price. [ Jay Apr 01, 2017 ]
I liked the overall features for how it will be used. This replaces an 18 year old high end receiver that's not compatible with newer technology. The old receiver sounds great but this is for general use and the Sony receiver satisfies that requirement by allowing better hookups with HDMI cables. We do have a home theater setup using higher end equipment so this is not our only setup. [ Joe Mar 31, 2017 ]
Excellent sale price! all of the features I need. I don't need streaming services because it's on all 1000 of the devices that will be connected to this receiver. Definitely an upgrade from the Yamaha RXV465. [ Antoine E. Mar 31, 2017 ]
Good for budget [ CANDACE Mar 30, 2017 ]
name brand and features [ Benjamin Mar 30, 2017 ]
good price, overall good reviews. [ tom Mar 28, 2017 ]
cheap and good [ A Mar 28, 2017 ]
have purchased several things from you in the past [ Ron Mar 24, 2017 ]
Because its a Sony at a close out price. And I needed a new receiver. [ Curtis Mar 24, 2017 ]
Reliability & quality ( I have an older model & it is still working great but I need to set-up another one in my basement) [ ANTONIO Mar 21, 2017 ]
Price and features. [ Todd Mar 20, 2017 ]
for the price and it is sony [ jose Mar 20, 2017 ]
Output and channels important. Will add more speakers as we go along, but initially need to see if it will push the CV D-7's like I need it to. [ William Mar 20, 2017 ]
Nice price for features [ STEVEN Mar 19, 2017 ]
Great features & price [ Michael Mar 19, 2017 ]
price. feature rich. [ Alan Mar 15, 2017 ]
Has all the features I was looking for. I like Sony. Have heard good things about your company over many years. Very good product reviews. [ Mahlon Mar 15, 2017 ]
Cost/features...Wanted built in Bluetooth & post for all speaker connections... [ Brian Mar 05, 2017 ]
I wanted a receiver that could do the job, but not be crazy expensive. According to your reviews, this one will work well.. [ Kent Feb 11, 2017 ]
Good price and assistance from Ryan. [ Jerry Jan 18, 2017 ]
Price, functionality and compatibility with my Sony Bravia TV. Replacing a 10 yr old Yamaha receiver that has no HDMI ports. [ R Jan 11, 2017 ]
HDR and a good price point [ Hutson Dec 25, 2016 ]
Sony is now for making a good product. Value for money and still got tons of stuff . Also, most of all the deep discount and free shipping from Crutchfield . Awesome value . [ Shawn Dec 25, 2016 ]
Affordable...budget conscious. [ Christopher Dec 23, 2016 ]
I expect usual Sony quality on this mid range receiver that will satisfy my purposes. I chose Crutchfield over local big box stores for the customer service and knowledge base. [ David Dec 22, 2016 ]
I think it is a great value for the price. [ Martin Dec 22, 2016 ]
I needed a more modern receiver. I am upgrading from a Sony that is 16+ years old and still working, but lacks Optical Audio. [ Samuel Dec 19, 2016 ]
good price [ dennis Dec 18, 2016 ]
I choose the Sony STR-DH770 for the features that it offers, as well as this incredible price. [ Rodney Dec 16, 2016 ]
For Audio enhancement to 5.2 channel. [ Sanjay Dec 15, 2016 ]
I selected this A/V receiver for the UN-beatable value and because my last Sony receiver lasted 44years! [ DONALD Dec 14, 2016 ]
it has 7 channels, i prefer sony equipment, it has an A and B channel so i can turn on and off channel B (patio speakers) as i desire [ ALAN Dec 11, 2016 ]
my old onkyo has a burnt out HDMI connection and wanted to update and connect smart tv to receiver and minimize wires...... [ donald Dec 11, 2016 ]
Great buy. Had the features I needed -- 4K Ultra HD and ipad/iphone Bluetooth capable [ Steven Dec 09, 2016 ]
Needed a basic unit and this one looks like it will serve the purpose. [ Mark Dec 08, 2016 ]
upgraded to Bluetooth compatible unit to replace older sony receiver in main theater room [ Kirk Dec 08, 2016 ]
The discount made it the performance for the dollar. [ Thomas Dec 07, 2016 ]
Price and features [ and Dec 07, 2016 ]
Robust feature set for the price at $199 sale price. Needed entry level receiver with HDMI pass through. At 7.2 channels, add Bluetooth, etc. This offers a lot for the spend. [ SHAYNE A Dec 05, 2016 ]
Perfect for multiple sources (PS4, UHD Blue Ray, Cable TV) in my Man Cave! Plus 7.2 surround sound and a mic to calibrate the room! [ John Dec 04, 2016 ]
great description of options and very good company reviews [ David Dec 04, 2016 ]
price, about the same price for a 5.2 receiver at wal mart. [ HAROLD G Dec 03, 2016 ]
Price and features [ Paul Dec 03, 2016 ]
Customer service and price [ John Dec 02, 2016 ]
still counting on sony,s reputation [ lawrence Dec 02, 2016 ]
Always liked Sony products [ John Dec 02, 2016 ]
I only have Sony components. My 5.1 receiver after 20 years finally bit the dust. This was a great receiver for the money. [ Ernest Dec 02, 2016 ]
The old Sony I had work great. So now I'm just upgrading. [ N Dec 01, 2016 ]
Meets all my needs for an affordable price. Always had great luck with Sony products. [ Jeffrey Nov 26, 2016 ]
Price and Features [ Matthew Nov 26, 2016 ]
provided support system needed [ james Nov 25, 2016 ]
Replacing an older model receiver. This one seems well configured for the price [ John Nov 25, 2016 ]
Need a replacement for Onkyo that I purchased from Crutchfield 8 years ago as all but 1 of the HDMI inputs have burnt out. Chose the Sony primarily based on low price and the fact that I was looking more for reliability over high-end features. Did go with 7.1 in case I upgrade speakers to allow bi-amping. [ MARK Nov 25, 2016 ]
i always love sony products [ craig Nov 25, 2016 ]
price and reveiws [ scott Nov 25, 2016 ]
Like Sony and on sale [ Jimmy Nov 24, 2016 ]
Low sale price, basic receiver with ALL and ONLY the options I need. Nothing overkill or unneeded. Bought Sony products for the last 20 years, never disappointed [ Matthew Nov 24, 2016 ]
Good reviews and price [ Isidro Nov 23, 2016 ]
Cost, features, Sony Brand [ Polito Nov 22, 2016 ]
Item was on sale and have been thinking of surround sound for a second TV. Generally happy with Sony products and Crutchfield service. [ David Nov 21, 2016 ]
This product had all the features I wanted at a easonable price [ FENTON Nov 21, 2016 ]
Fit my needs [ Michael Nov 18, 2016 ]
Sony, HDCP 2.2 and HDR, 7.2 at only $350.00! [ Micheal Nov 05, 2016 ]
I wanted to update my current system - also a Sony - which has been flawless for many years. This unit was priced right and had the features I am looking for. [ carl Sep 27, 2016 ]
Quality and price [ randy Aug 28, 2016 ]
Bang for buck [ Anthony Aug 08, 2016 ]
Best value for the money 7 channel and blue tooth .this is all you need :) [ Joseph Aug 03, 2016 ]
Value [ Mike Penrosa Jul 11, 2016 ]
Had the options I wanted on sale too. [ JAMES E Jul 07, 2016 ]
I have had 3 H Ks in the last 10 years Hopping this one might last longer. HK seems to have quality control issue [ Rick Jul 04, 2016 ]
We just upgraded to a LG 4K TV so we needed to upgrade our old Sony receiver to handle the 4K signal and we wanted to get another Sony Receiver to do the job! [ Pamela May 31, 2016 ]
32 questions already asked
Yes of course.stay away from 4 ohm or less speakers [ Alfonso sanchez Apr 17, 2018 ]
Yes, it will work just fine with 8 ohm speakers. The 6 ohm rating is strictly to allow the manufacturer to have a higher wattage rating. At 6 ohms ( less resistance ) rather than 8 ohms the amplifier outputs at higher wattage. [ Robert Apr 17, 2018 ]
Yes, Home speakers are 8 ohms. Typically car audio is 4 ohms [ chad Apr 11, 2018 ]
Yes [ Nicholas Apr 11, 2018 ]
Yes. It is rated for 4-8ohm speakers. The higher the speaker impedance the less "loud" they will be. [ Darrin Apr 10, 2018 ]
It is very doubtful any receivers these days will have a 6.1 surround setting. That would be a monaural rear back surround channel and movie soundtracks for quite a while have been mixed with stereo rear back surround channels ( 7 total surround channels ) [ Robert Apr 17, 2018 ]
check speakers and speaker wires [ william Feb 26, 2018 ]
There should be no use for that if the system is hooked up with speakers and a sub. My system is connected to the tv via hdmi so if it's spins bar is connected to the t v in the speaker ports it would be considered a separate system. The stereo has no Ports for a sound bar [ Joseph L. Feb 03, 2018 ]
Easily.... I am running 5 speaker plus sub system [ Brad Feb 03, 2018 ]
I don't know... I purchased this as a gift. Sorry. [ GEORGE J Feb 02, 2018 ]
No...only FM [ Louis Feb 03, 2018 ]
No it does not only connection for FM stations. [ JOHNNY Feb 02, 2018 ]
No, it does not. FM only. [ Victor Feb 02, 2018 ]
Sorry, I don't know because I've never had the need for AM channels. [ LEN Feb 02, 2018 ]
You can use an iPod plugged in through a mini jack. It will not work through the USB port, all control functions remain internal to the iPod. I wouldn't have bought it had I known this in advance. [ Nicholas Jan 23, 2018 ]
Yes. [ ROBERT Jan 22, 2018 ]
Yes [ DAVID Jan 22, 2018 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer, or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Jan 17, 2018 ] Staff
No, on this receiver it is strictly for music files. [ Robert Apr 17, 2018 ]
I honestly do not know, as I have never used this feature. [ DAVID Dec 26, 2017 ]
It may show on the TV just as an increasing level, without any numbers/specific level. Settings adjustments only show on the amp itself, at least for me. [ WILLIAM Dec 20, 2017 ]
Hi Doug ! Yes and Yes ! just make sure you use hdmi cables to connect your components [ Daniel Dec 20, 2017 ]
The Bluetooth will start to fade out after about 25 feet when a wall is present. Set up / Stettin are very confusing. [ Joseph L. Dec 12, 2017 ]
Sorry, I don't use the bluetooth feature so I can't help you. [ John Dec 11, 2017 ]
I am sorry, I did purchase the unit, but it was not what I thought it was going to be, and so I returned it. E. Perren Hayes [ EPERREN Dec 11, 2017 ]
Hi Randy... Most likely yes, it depends on what kind of output your mixer uses. If it uses HDMI, piece of cake. If it uses RCA cables, (red/white/yellow), then there's two or three inputs on the back of the receiver for those too. The least flexible option is a digital optical out from your mixer, but this receiver has an input for that too!! In my experience, a mic usually hooked in to the mixer, not directly into the receiver. Hook the mic to the mixer, the mixer to the receiver, and your karaoke jam is on. [ Dana Nov 13, 2017 ]
Like most home theater receivers, the Sony does not offer any built-in provisions for connecting a microphone for Karaoke. If you will be using a system like the SIngtrix Personal Bundle, yes, you can connect it to one of the available audio inputs on the receiver; just like any other external audio source: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SGTXPB1/Singtrix-Personal-Bundle.html For additional assistance and personalized recommendations, feel free to contact us directly: https://www.crutchfield.com/support/ContactUs.aspx [ Ryan Nov 16, 2017 ] Staff
The auto calibration is awesome. Not sure why you wouldnt want to use it. I do believe you can manually adjust it though. [ chad Sep 02, 2017 ]
Yes [ david Sep 01, 2017 ]
You do NOT have to use auto; You CAN individually adjust each speaker. [ ROBERT Sep 01, 2017 ]
You should have a "Sub Out" on your receiver. On your Subs if you have a left and right input, plug into the left or lfe or white input. [ Curtis Jul 19, 2017 ]
I have a McInTosh MA-2100 just amp and preamp would that be useful for using my albums? [ T-Dub Dec 19, 2017 ]
I have the Harmony Smart Hub that uses an IR extender and it works with this receiver [ Michael Apr 15, 2017 ]
1 answer okay, so I just picked up this receiver and am trying to get it all set up. I'm running a 5.1 (kinda). I currently have 4 speakers in my room and 1 in my bathroom. I want to be able to run the speaker in the bathroom independently (on when I'm showering and off any other time). The problem I ran into is when i run it off the front speaker terminal the main audio(dialogue) is coming out of that speaker and ruining the listening experience. Any advice for getting over this problem? [ jarrett_12 Apr 11, 2017 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Kenny Apr 14, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your help! You did and expert on a CD player and Polk speakers in my GMC PICKUP MANY HOURS LOT OF FUN! Again I thank you! [ T-Dub Dec 19, 2017 ]
Crutchfield is your best resource on this one ! [ RUSSELL Apr 06, 2017 ]
Yep, easy to do, assuming you have your preamp situation figured out. If you look at the back-of-unit photo on here, in the "Audio" section, you'll see the SA-CD/CD ports, which is what I use. Theoretically you could use any of those, you'll just have to change the input accordingly. It's a decent, reliable unit for a turntable, but probably more distinctively useful for HDMI and video systems than as a true audiophile amp. That isn't to say that it's not perfectly serviceable (and more!). I bought it because it could do both, and it has the HDCP 2.2 compliance, which is becoming more and more important for 4K content (the cheaper Sony models tend not to have this feature). [ Alex Feb 17, 2017 ]
Can I use my crewing vegas and one Samsung center speaker [ T-Dub Dec 19, 2017 ]
No leave the crossover at max and sub in the middle. The receiver is now handling the crossover point and the sub level. The controls on the subwoofer are for setups that do not have calibration. The crossover at highest frequency and sub at mid level is the reference for calibration with the Sony receiver. The controls on the sub will still work but the Sony is being calibrated with the reference settings at mid volume and the frequency at high on the sub. The receiver through its calibration is now supplying the correct frequency and level by use of the microphone. Hope this helps! [ ANTHONY Feb 07, 2017 ]
I have a Sony XBR-65x900C with the STR-DH770. My experience is similar, but different. :-) My DH770 will read, say 25, and the TV will be reading 35. I haven't checked specifically, but I believe it goes 1 for 1 up or down. So turning up the volume would go 26/36, then 27/37. Weird, but has not been an issue for me. [ gr8scott60 Mar 20, 2017 ]
Have not had that issue. The tv I am using with this receiver is a Samsung plasma. Would make sure your tv volume is set to zero with the tv remote. [ ALLAN Feb 07, 2017 ]
I just tried it it didn't work for me. I would recommend a higher grade model then this one because it doesn't have Wi-Fi and you have to have an adapter to use with your wireless headset [ Steven Feb 02, 2017 ]
LisaLou: Yes, receiver volume can be adjusted via tv remote (or, in my case, a Verizon FIOS remote)...note, however, that my tv is a Sony XBR and thus carries the Bravia protocol, which enables all Sony products so labelled to "talk" with each other; so, I am not sure if it is the HDMI signal or the Bravia which enables this....could be both...btw, pretty sure it does not have to be the ARC (audio return channel) as this also worked on my older Sony receiver, which did not have an ARC input...hope this helps.. [ MARC Feb 02, 2017 ]
Yes, that is a normal operation.You need to know that I returned this product, because the the FM antenna -- it is "Unique" to Sony, and will not allow a powered antenna. I live in lower Delaware, and need a powered antenna to get classical music. Apart from this, the unit is quit excellent. E.. Perren [ EPERREN Feb 02, 2017 ]
I have mine connected with an HDMI and I can control the volume with my DIRECTV remote. [ JOHN P Feb 01, 2017 ]
Yes [ Chase Feb 01, 2017 ]
Yes [ JOSHUA Feb 01, 2017 ]
Yes. I have a Sharp tv and the tv remote will turn the volume up, down and mute. [ Joshua Feb 01, 2017 ]
left front and rear..... right front and rear [ joseph Feb 02, 2017 ]
It has the ability to play a pair of "A" speakers, a pair of "B" speakers, or both pair of "AB" speakers simultaneously. Run 2 of your 4 speakers to A and the other 2 to B, and select AB mode. [ Nicholas Feb 01, 2017 ]
Yes. But you should use speaker wire rated for in-ceilings and/or behind walls. Crutchfield does sell it. The connections will depend on your speakers but I would recommend using "banana plugs" or sometimes called binding post connections. I am happy with the Sewell Direct brand banana plugs but there are many other brands. I highly recommend that you add a center channel speaker mounted either under or over your TV. For my installation, I used a center channel shelf mount to hold my speaker above the TV, also from Crutchfield. [ Jim Feb 01, 2017 ]
Yes it will work with ceiling mounted speakers. As far as speaker connections go that choice is up to you. You could use use bare wire, banana's or spades. also you may want to consider using in -wall rated speaker cables [ william Feb 01, 2017 ]
Yes .. use "Front A" L&R and "surround" L and R. [ Tim Feb 01, 2017 ]
Mine does, however my house was pre-wired so all I had to do is connect the wires [ Steven Feb 01, 2017 ]
Yes [ chad Sep 02, 2017 ]
Yes, it is possible to only hook up 4 speakers. The first few days I had this receiver I only had 3 speakers hooked up to it (front left, front right, and center channel), then I added 2 subwoofers, then a couple weeks later i added left and right surrounds and left and right back surrounds. It has worked well for me in all of these configurations ranging from 3 to 9 speakers. [ Eric Jan 01, 2017 ]
I have always taken it to be speaker position. Do they sit on the floor or mounted up high. [ chad Dec 22, 2016 ]
center channel [ joseph Dec 22, 2016 ]
The system is awesome. I have Klipsch speakers,2 of them. [ MITCHELL Dec 21, 2016 ]
It is an optional way to configure the speaker placement around the room. It changes the side speaker channels to left and right front high mount. (above the left and right front listener level.) some users (like me) prefer the wall of front sound over the details of aide surround. [ Jason Dec 21, 2016 ]
I do not own an IPod, but I don't believe you can hook one up unless the ipod does Bluetooth, in which case the receiver will connect...this is a cut-down receiver, with previous features such as ac outlets on the backside removed on this model [ MARC Dec 12, 2016 ]
Yes, with a aux cable and it has bluetooth capability as well. [ Alejandro Dec 12, 2016 ]
According to the manual, this can be hooked up to a soundbar, but I asked the people at Crutchfield the same question. After getting this unit, I believe their answer to me (i.e. seems like wasting a lot of capability to power a sound bar with the Sony receiver.) [ L RICHARD Dec 09, 2016 ]
YEs you can [ deveret Dec 09, 2016 ]
Hi Phil ! I use AppleTV to stream countless apps HDMI to HDMI [ Daniel Nov 19, 2016 ]
Im sorry but I do not know as I have been running Netflix via the 'smart TV' function on my setup. [ JARED Nov 19, 2016 ]
as far as i know you don`t [ william Nov 18, 2016 ]
don,t [ MITCHELL Nov 18, 2016 ]
Id guess via Bluetooth from your phone/tablet [ chad Nov 18, 2016 ]
I'm sorry. I'm using a Roku for my streaming. I just run the HDMI from the Roku to the receiver in and then the HDMI out runs to mY tv [ Darrin Nov 18, 2016 ]
Yes [ chad Sep 02, 2017 ]
Yes. There is an A/B speaker selection button on the receiver that would allow you to switch from indoor speakers to outdoor speakers or both. But only one audio source can be used. You can't watch a movie indoors and listen to the radio outdoors at the same time. [ Jim Sep 26, 2016 ]
I have a Samsung TV but According to my STR-DH770 manual on page 70-71 Yes it does support Sony Bravia sync [ william Sep 18, 2016 ]
It worked with a Bravia Sony X930D. The TV remote controlled the receiver. It actually takes a lot of the menu options that are only available in the amp screen and brings them to the TV. You just have to hit sync menu on tv remote and choose device. That is the only model I tested it with. [ Cristiano Sep 17, 2016 ]
Yes [ MICHAEL Sep 17, 2016 ]
I am not sure. There is a function on the remote to use Sony devices to control each other. This is the only Sony product I own. Everything else is Samsung. Sorry. [ Darrin Sep 17, 2016 ]
I'm looking for a turntable and receiver to record my 500 albums to USB sticks and nano iPod that I have no idea how it works. Or cds what type of amp or receiver do I need to buy with surround sound playback ? And I'd like to have the digital cables and USB hdmil connection? Help [ T-Dub Dec 19, 2017 ]
No. The USB port supports MP3, WMA, AAC & WAV files. You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the receiver's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table. I hope that helps! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Jul 13, 2016 ] Staff