NAD C 316BEE (Factory Recertified)
Integrated amplifier with built-in phono stage
Item # 745RC316EP | MFR # C316BEE-PH RC
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the NAD C 316BEE (Factory Recertified) by Crutchfield's Jim Richardson
The foundation of a simple, yet great-sounding stereo system
You don't need huge power or a lot of buttons to push. You don't need to spend a lot of money, either. If all you want is great sound for a small space, NAD has the solution. The C 316BEE is the perfect little integrated amp to anchor that high-quality audio system in your den, bedroom, or office. This factory-recertified bargain of an amp delivers accurate, musical sound in a compact, easy-to-enjoy package.
The large toroidal transformer is a key to this affordable amp's amazingly clean, dynamic sound.
No frills, just thrills
NAD designed this amp using the same principle behind their higher-end components — a no-frills approach that puts the focus squarely on performance, instead of bells and whistles. It boasts a high-current toroidal transformer — usually found only on expensive audiophile gear — and other carefully selected parts to provide punchy, lifelike sound. It makes the amp sound much more potent than its 40-watts-per-channel rating would lead you to expect.
This integrated amp offers enough inputs to connect five audio components, including a turntable, plus a handy front-panel minijack for hooking up a portable music player. And the included remote gives you easy control of the amplifier and the other NAD audio components in your system.
Praise for the NAD C 316BEE from The Absolute Sound
"The entry-level C 316 is still the go-to amp for audiophile newbies who crave sonic neutrality, good power output, nice tactile feel, and NAD's characteristic quality-control."
— The Absolute Sound 2013 Editors' Choice Awards: Integrated Amplifiers under $1000
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- PowerDrive-S technology for more dynamic power output
- large toroidal power transformer for a strong, low-noise power supply
- rotary bass and treble controls with defeat switch for tone control bypass
- 5 RCA audio inputs including 1 MM phono input
- front-panel minijack input for connecting a portable music player
- full-size headphone jack
- one pair of speaker binding post terminals
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 3-3/16"H x 11-3/8"D
- weight: 12.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Refurbished integrated amplifier
- Remote control (AMP 4)
- CR2025 3V battery
- Owner's manual
- Warranty information
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||No|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||6|
|Optical Digital Inputs||No|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Amplifier Section: Bjørn Erik Edvardsen, NAD's Director of Advanced Development, developed a simplified version of PowerDrive for the C 316BEE. Proprietary PowerDrive Circuit offers a remarkable combination of high current drive needed for complex loudspeaker loads combined with high levels of undistorted dynamic power.
- Continuous Power: 40 watts x 2 into an 8Ω load, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.02% THD, both channels driven simultaneously
- Dynamic Power: 90 watts x 2 (8Ω), 120 watts x 2 (4Ω)
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.02% (driving both channels 20 Hz - 20 kHz simultaneously at 8Ω)
- Signal/Noise: 95 dB (A-weighted, ref 1 watt)
- Damping factor: >200 (ref 8Ω, 1 kHz)
Connections: The NAD C 316BEE is equipped with rear-panel and front-panel connections.
- Rear Panel: Rear-panel inputs & outputs include -
- Line Level Inputs: stereo RCA input jacks labeled "CD", "Video", "Aux", and "Tuner"
- Phono Input (MM): stereo Phono input (MM) with ground screw
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, spade lugs up to 0.475" wide, and bare wire up to 12 gauge; there are two speaker outputs (left and right)
- Front Panel: Front-panel inputs & outputs include -
- Headphone: Standard 1/4" headphone jack (68Ω)
- MP: 3.5mm minijack Aux input
Controls: The NAD C 316BEE comes with an IR remote control, features front-panel controls, and is equipped with a rear-panel power switch.
- Remote Control: The wireless remote will control the C 316BEE and NAD CD players.
- Front Panel: Front-panel controls consist of Power (standby/on), 6 Input Buttons (Tape/Tuner/Aux/Video/CD/Disc), Volume (up/down), Balance (left/right), Bass (+/-8 dB @ 100 Hz) & Treble (+/-5 dB @ 10 kHz), and Tone Defeat (Bass/Treble Bypass).
- Rear Panel: Rear-panel controls include a Master power switch.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.