Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter
Aerial drone with action camera mount, flight controller, battery and SteadyGrip™ handle
Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter - Camera assembly works with SteadyGrip and your smartphone for ground-based filming
From Yuneec: Introducing Typhoon G for GoPro
From Yuneec: CGO Steadygrip
Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter - The gimbal mount also attaches to the SteadyGrip for filming on the ground
Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter - The gimbal mount is specially designed to hold select GoPro cameras (not included)
Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter - The included ST10+ Ground Station lets you control the drone and the camera
Our take on the Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Put the drone in Watch Me mode to get smooth, hands-free footage of your adventure.
Yuneec + action cam = gorgeous aerial videos
The Yuneec Typhoon G seriously expands your action camera's point of view — just attach a full-sized HERO or Villain camera to the included GB203 mount, and your adventure video can be shot from above. The mount is a specially-designed 3-axis gimbal, customized to stabilize an action camera while in flight. Live video streams back to the touchscreen on the included ST10+ Ground Station, so you can see what your camera sees from up to a quarter mile away. If you decide to get some ground-level shots as well, just detach the gimbal mount from the drone and attach it to the included SteadyGrip handle to get the same stabilizing effect for handheld shots.
Get hands-free footage with Follow Me and Watch Me modes
If you're kayaking, climbing a sheer rock face, or even taking a nice low-impact bike ride through the countryside, you won't have your hands available to pilot the drone. No problem. Watch Me mode allows you to set the camera's position, so it will hover in place and record your best jumps, golf swings, free climbs — whatever you have in mind. If you know you won't be stationary, use Follow Me mode to have the drone come along faithfully while you run, paddle, or surf. The Typhoon G can stay aloft for up to 25 minutes on each battery charge, and it won't just drop like a stone when juice runs low. It's programmed to descend slowly, hover, and then set down safely.
- aerial drone with GoPro®-compatible gimbal mount, ST10+ Ground Station, SteadyGrip™ handle, and rechargeable battery
- detachable GB203 mount allows you to mount an optional GoPro® camera (will not fit HERO4 Session)
- transmits video to included Ground Station controller from up to 1,640 feet away
Typhoon Q500 G Drone:
- ascends up to 400 feet above ground level
- flies up to 25 minutes on a single battery charge
- 10-channel 2.4 GHz radio control transmitter with 5.8 GHz video downlink
- 16-9/16"W x 9-1/2"H
- weight: 40 oz.
ST10+ Personal Ground Station:
- offers pinpoint remote control of the drone and camera
- navigational alerts include sounds and vibrations
- 5-1/2" viewing screen
- screen resolution: 854 x 480 pixels
- touchscreen simplifies menu access
- rechargeable battery built in
Included Accessories and Warranty:
- CGO SteadyGrip lets you mount GoPro and gimbal assembly for handheld use on the ground
- rechargeable battery
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
What's in the Box:
- Ground station controller
- SteadyGrip G
- GB203 gimbal
- MK58 video link
- 8 Propellers
- Rechargeable battery
- Battery charger
- AC power adapter
- AC power cord
- USB/AC power adapter
- microUSB-to-USB cable
- 12V Power adapter
- Charging harness
- USB interface/programmer cable
- Sun shield
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- SteadyGrip Guide
- Customer Support Card
- "Know Before You Fly" card
- "WARNING!" card
Great product, if u have a GoPro and want to save some money. Update firmware prior to use, YouTube videos on how todo so.
Anonymous, Richmond, TX
Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Typhoon G Quadcopter: The Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter allows you to get the most out of your GoPro Hero Camera (select models), by providing you with the tools to make smooth and stable aerial footage, while delivering direct digital video on the ST10+ Ground Station Controller. Sports enthusiasts and adventurers alike have a new and powerful tool in capturing their actions, while being able to see what they are recording in real time.
Note: GoPro Hero camera is not included and sold separately.
Compatible GoPro Models: The Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter's 3-Axis Gimbal and SteadyGrip G are compatible with the GoPro Hero series actions cameras; including the Hero 3, HEro 3+, Hero 4 Silver, and Hero 4 Black (all sold separately).
Ground Station Controller: The ST10+ Ground Controller wirelessly communicates with the Typhoon G Quadcopter via RF (2.4GHz; 10-channels); up to 1,312.34' (400 meters). The ST10+ Personal Ground Station Controller is an all-inclusive transmitter and receiver that gives you full operation over the Typhoon G Quadcopter during flight through "joystick"-like controls. Its 5.5" capacitive touchscreen (854x480) displays in-flight telemetry data. Real-time telemetry data made available on the screen during flight include flight mode, altitude, speed over ground, distance from home, camera status, GPS position coordinates, and aircraft battery status.
3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro: The GB203 is an incredibly stable 3-axis gimbal, for your GoPro Hero camera (select models). Control the tilt angle direction from the ST10+ and view the world from above, as if you were flying, from horizon to 90-degrees down. The GB203 camera gimbal can be mounted on both the Typhoon G Quadcopter and the Steadygrip G handheld device.
Pitch Control Range: 30° to -90°
Pitch Mechanical Range: 75° to -120°
Roll Mechanical Range: -45° to +45°
- Yaw Mechanical Range: -45° to+45°
SteadyGrip G for GoPro: The SteadyGrip G is a 3-axis precision handheld device which mounts to the GB203 3-Axis Gimbal, allowing you to capture amazing and stable video footage with your GoPro Hero action camera (select models) from the ground. The SteadyGrip G handheld device ensures ground shots are as smooth as those taken from the air. Get full control of your GoPro Hero (select models) and record Hollywood style movies just like professionals do. The SteadyGrip features a camera pitch control wheel that allows precise camera angle control on the go. You can download the GoPro app onto your Apple iOS 8.3+ or Android OS 4.4+ device for control and a live view feed from your smartphone or tablet. Requires eight 1.5V "AA" batteries (sold separately).
MK58 Digital Video Link: The included MK58 digital video downlink module, is especially designed for your GoPro Hero action camera (select models). Without any other extra module, real-time images can be wirelessly transferred from the GoPro camera to the ST10+ Ground Station Controller's touchscreen with almost no delay, via 5.8GHz RF. The MK58 is portable in size and allows for easy installation. It plugs directly into your GoPro camera's miniUSB port. The MK58 has an approximate wireless range of 1,000'.
GPS Receiver: The Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter requires a suitable GPS signal/lock in order to start the motors and to be flown. This means it should only be operated outdoors in open areas that are free from people, vehicles and other obstructions. In order to acquire a suitable GPS signal/lock, it's critical that the GPS antenna installed in the top of Quadcopter always have a clear view of the sky (100° minimum clearance required).
Note: Loss of GPS signal/lock may result in a crash or even a "fly away".
3 Flight Modes: The Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter offers three flight modes - Smart, Angle, or Home.
- Smart Mode: Smart Mode is typically the best mode for first-time pilots. In Smart Mode, the Quadcopter will always move in the direction the right-hand control stick is pushed relative to the pilot and no matter which way the front/nose is pointed. So if you push the stick to the left, the Quadcopter will always move to the left, regardless of the direction the nose is pointing; even if it's spinning. This mode is helpful for pilots that lose orientation while flying.
- Angle (Pilot) Mode: Angle (Pilot) Mode is the mode preferred by experienced RC/drone pilots because the Quadcopter will move in the direction the control stick is pushed relative to the front/nose of the aircraft. So if you push the right-hand stick to the left, the Quadcopter will bank toward the left side and move to the left. This means if the front/nose of Quadcopter is pointing away from you it will move to the left, but if the front/nose is pointing at you the Quadcopter will move to the right.
- Home Mode: In Home Mode, the Follow Me function will fly back the Quadcopter in a straight line in the direction of the pilot's current location, and automatically land within 13-26' (4-8m) of the pilot. This can be very helpful for first-time pilots who aren't quite ready to land Quadcopter themselves. It can also be helpful for pilots that lose orientation during flight. When flying higher than 33' (10 meters), the Quadcopter will maintain the current altitude, fly back to the home point, then descend vertically until it lands. When flying lower than 33' (10 meters), the Quadcopter will climb to 33' (10 meters) while flying back to the home point, then will descend vertically until it lands. If the Quadcopter ever loses the link with the ST10+ Controller it will automatically enter Home Mode.
Smart Features: Additional Smart Mode features include Follow Me, Watch Me, & Return Home.
- Follow Me: When Follow Me is enabled, the Quadcopter is leashed to the pilot, who is controlling the ST10+ location. With this feature, flying and capturing video following the pilot is easy, flexible and intuitive.
- Watch Me: When Watch Me is enabled, your GoPro stays pointed at the pilot, holding the ST10+ in frame, no matter which way the drone is maneuvered.
- Return Home: Switch to Home Mode, and the Typhoon G will fly back towards the location of the pilot holding the ST10+, and will automatically land within 13 to 26 feet (4 to 8 meters) of the pilot.
Geo Fences: The Typhoon G's Geo Fence feature creates no fly zones for commercial airports, legal flying height restrictions, and a Smart Circle for safe flying.
- No Fly Zones: Ensuring utmost safety, the FAA compliant No Fly Zone feature prevents flight near commercial airports.
- Legal Flying Height: The No Fly Zone feature also prevents flight above 400 feet from the ground.
- Smart Circle: The built-in GPS establishes a 26-foot (8-meter) diameter Safe Smart Circle around the pilot, and also creates a geo-fence that keeps the Quadcopter from traveling farther than 300 feet (91 meters) from the pilot's position.
Twist-On Propellers: The twist-on design makes assembly easy by simply rotating A and B labeled propellers. A propeller tool is also provided to help installation.
Rechargeable Battery: The Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter is powered by lithium-polymer rechargeable battery (5400mAh) that provides 20 to 25 minutes of flight time. The battery can be recharged using the supplied charging base and the included AC power adapter or 12V DC power adapter. It will take 2 hours to fully charge the battery. The ST-10+ Ground Controller is powered by a pre-installed lithium-ion rechargeable battery (5200mAh) and can be recharged using the included USB/AC power adapter and microUSB-to-USB cable. It takes approximately 5.5 hours to fully charge this battery.
Graphical User Interface (GUI): You can download Yuneec's Graphical User Interface (GUI) software onto your Windows PC or Mac computer. The Graphic User Interface (GUI) is your tool for updating the Typhoon G Quadcopter to the newest firmware. The GUI can also be used to check all the sensors that are installed on the Typhoon G; including the GPS, pressure, temperature, compass, esc, and accelerometer. The Typhoon G Quadcopter will need to be connected to your computer via the included USB interface/programmer cable.
Firmware Updates: Click here to check for the latest firmware updates.
Warranty Note: Crash damage and "fly aways" are not covered under warranty.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
Typhoon G Quadcopter:
- Width = 16.5"
- Height = 8.3125"
- Depth = 16.5"
- Weight = 60 oz
ST10+ Ground Controller:
- Width = 7.4375"
- Height = 9.5"
- Depth = 4.5"
- Width = 16.5"
- Height = 8.3125"
- Depth = 16.5"
- Weight = 8.1 oz
MK58 Digital Video Downlink:
- Width = 2.4375"
- Height = 11.5"
- Depth = 1.1875"
- Weight = 1.27 oz
- Width = 2.9375"
- Height = 7.1875"
- Depth = 8.8125"
- Weight = 13.9 oz
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
You have a Great price that I could not pass up. [ Daniel Dec 17, 2016 ]
Great and a Cool Price Good I am looking forward in buying more [ Debra Dec 10, 2016 ]
Seems like a good fit [ Mark Mar 30, 2016 ]