TP-Link Archer CR700
Dual-band AC1750 Wi-Fi® router and cable modem
Our take on the TP-Link Archer CR700 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The TP-Link Archer CR700 takes the place of your cable company's rental modem, so you can eliminate that monthly charge.
A powerful cable modem and router in one box
My cable provider is also my internet service provider. That works fine, but I don't like paying them monthly rent for an older modem that might not do the job. That's where an all-in-one cable modem and router like the TP-Link Archer CR700 makes a huge difference.
Attach the coaxial cable coming out of your wall to the threaded port on the back of this modem, and you'll be enjoying strong, fast Wi-Fi® in no time.
Plenty of convenient connections
Many combo modem/routers offer only one or two LAN ports for making wired connections. I need wired connections for my Sonos PLAY:5, Philips Hue Bridge, and Playstation 4 at the same time, so I need more. The CR700 offers four fast Ethernet ports, which provides plenty of Gigabit Ethernet to run the devices that make your home run smoothly.
There are also two USB 2.0 ports for connecting to and sharing information from external hard drives and wireless printers.
Take control of a safe, secure network
This router keeps you safe with tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. And a robust parental control app lets you filter out undesirable websites, set up a surfing schedule for young ones, or deny internet access when necessary.
- AC1750 cable modem and wireless router
- compatible with cable internet plans up to 300Mbps
- certified to work with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, and more
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (450 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
- uses high-powered radio amplifiers for strong Wi-Fi
- DLNA capable for movie, photo, and music access with compatible devices
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- 16 MB flash memory and 256MB RAM
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- access control lets you block websites, restrict internet access, and set up a surfing schedule for minors
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- dual USB 2.0 ports to wirelessly access and share connected USB hard drives and printers
- coaxial input for cable internet service
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
- double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention
- easy Push 'N' Connect push-button Wi-Fi setup (WPS)
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 9"W x 6-5/16"H x 1-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Cable modem router
- AC power adapter (attached 57" DC cord)
- 47" Ethernet cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- GNU General Public License Notice
- Technical Support booklet
TP-Link Archer CR700 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Cable Modem Router: TP-Link's Archer CR700 combines a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and dual band wireless router into one connection device, reducing the hassle of network configuration and saves space. Utilizing the latest DOCSIS 3.0 modem protocol and 802.11ac wireless technology ensures both cable download speeds of up to 680Mbps and gigabit WiFi speeds. The result is lag-free online gaming and seamless music and HD video streaming experience.
US Cable Internet Service Provider Compatibility: The TP-Link Archer CR700 is compatible with most major US cable internet service providers - like Comcast Xfinity; Spectrum (including Charter, Time Warner, & Bright House Networks); Cox Communications; Suddenlink Communications; Mediacom Cable; and WOW. The cable modem router supports the assignment of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by cable Internet providers. Your cable internet service provider's coax cable will plug into the modem router's coax connector on the back panel.
- You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact your cable Internet provider, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- If Comcast XFINITY is your cable Internet provider, setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
Notes: Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
DOCSIS 3.0 Certified: The TP-Link Archer CR700 cable modem router is designed to meet DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 networks. DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonding technology supports up to 680Mbps download speeds, which is 16x faster than DOCSIS 2.0 for ultra-fast Internet performance.
Built-in WiFi: TP-Link's Archer CR700 is equipped with built-in dual band (2.4GHz + 5GHz) WiFi and is compatible with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac. It features six internal antennas that create a strong WiFi network throughout the home-upstairs, downstairs, and even outside. High powered amplifiers boost its wireless signal, a speedy processor handles bandwidth-intensive tasks, and its large amount of memory helps minimize lag and data buffering losses. The modem router is also equipped with beamforming technology, which increases its range by allowing it to focus independent signals towards devices rather than simply broadcasting in all directions.
- 802.11ac: TP-Link's Archer CR700 comes with the next generation WiFi standard, 802.11ac, which is 3x faster than wireless-N speeds and delivers a combined wireless data transfer rate of up to 1.75Gbps. With 1300Mbps wireless speeds over the crystal clear 5GHz band and 450Mbps over the 2.4GHz band, the Archer CR700 is a great choice for seamless HD streaming, online gaming and other bandwidth-intensive tasks.
- Simultaneous Dual Band: The Archer CR700 operates over both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, ensuring great wireless performance. Simultaneous Dual Band offers you the flexibility of two dedicated networks, with multiple times the bandwidth for your needs. Simple tasks like sending e-mails or web browsing can be handled by the 2.4GHz band, while bandwidth intensive tasks like online gaming or HD video streaming can be processed by the 5GHz band - all at the same time.
- Beamforming Technology: Beamforming technology locates the connected devices and further improves the Archer CR700's range and the signal strength to each mobile device, delivering a more reliable and efficient wireless connection.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: With four gigabit LAN Ethernet ports, speeds can be up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet connections. The Archer CR700 is a powerful hub to support a robust and extremely fast wired network.
Dual Multifunctional USB Ports: With the two multi-functional USB (type-A) 2.0 ports, you can share printers, files and media with different devices through your local network or via the ftp server while away from home. By default, all the network clients can access all folders on your USB device. You can customize your sharing settings by setting a sharing account, sharing specific contents and setting a new sharing address on the router's web management page.
- Media Sharing: Media Sharing allows you to view photos, play music and watch movies stored on the USB device directly from DLNA-supported devices - such as your computer, tablet, TV, etc.
- Print Sharing: Printer Sharing helps you share a printer with different computers connected to the router.
Flexible Access Control: The modem router provides flexible access control, so that parents or network administrators can establish restricted access policies for children and guests. It also supports Virtual Server and DMZ host for Port Triggering, and then the network administrators can manage and monitor the network in real time with the remote management function.
- Guest Network: Guest Network Access provides secure WiFi access for guests sharing your home or office network. This function allows you to provide WiFi access for guests without disclosing your main network. When you have guests in your house, apartment, or workplace, you can create a guest network for them. In addition, you can customize guest network options to ensure network security and privacy.
- Parental Controls: The router's parental controls allow you to block inappropriate, explicit and malicious websites, and control access to specified websites at specified time.
- DMZ Host: The DMZ host feature allows one local host to be exposed to the Internet for a special-purpose service, such as Internet gaming or videoconferencing. The router forwards packets of all services to the DMZ host. Any PC whose port is being forwarded must have its DHCP client function disabled and should have a new static IP Address assigned to it, because its IP Address may be changed when using the DHCP function.
Dynamic DNS Service Account: Most ISPs assign a dynamic IP address to the router and you can use this IP address to access your router remotely. However, the IP address can change from time to time and you don't know when it changes. In this case, you might apply the DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Server) feature on the modem router to allow you and your friends to access your router and local servers (FTP, HTTP, etc.) using a domain name without checking and remembering the IP address.
Security Encryption: With multiple protection measures, including SSID broadcast control and wireless LAN 64/128 WEP encryption, WiFi protected Access (WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK), as well as advanced Firewall protections, the Archer CR700 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router provides complete data privacy. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Web-Based Setup: With a web-based management too, it is easy to setup, configure ,and manage the Archer CR700 cable modem router. The Web-based management tool can be used on any Windows, Macintosh or UNIX OS with a Web browser - such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.
- Broadband internet access service (cable)
- Computer with a working Ethernet adapter and an Ethernet cable with RJ45 connectors
- TCP/IP protocol on each computer
- Web browser - such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
IPv4 & iPv6 Supported: The Archer CR700 supports both IPv4 and IPv6. iPv6 is the next generation of Internet protocol, helping you to future-proof your network.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
This is a combination modem/router. It saves space. It is very easy to install and highly reviewed by users. The price (on sale) is the best I could find. This modem/router will pay for itself if you rent your equipment from a cable company. [ Carlo Oct 24, 2017 ]