Scosche FM-MOD01 Modulator
Play your iPod, satellite radio tuner, or other portable music player through any FM car stereo
Our take on the Scosche FM-MOD01 Modulator by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
Looking for a way to connect the audio from your DVD system, satellite radio tuner, or portable music player to your car radio? No worries, the Scosche FM-MOD01 FM modulator offers an inexpensive solution. It converts the audio signal into an FM signal which will play through any factory stereo no auxiliary input needed, all it takes is an FM radio!
The 40" power/ground wire has an in-line On/Off switch (which can be mounted in a convenient location). Connect your vehicle's antenna lead to the FM-MOD01 and run its 21" antenna cable to the antenna jack on the back of your radio.
Just plug your source into the FM-MOD01's pair of RCA inputs and tune your FM radio to the selected frequency. You can listen to the audio signal from just about any source a videocassette or DVD player, MiniDisc, CD, or MP3 portable, anything with a mini-jack or headphone output. A switch allows you to choose between two different modulation frequencies (87.9 MHz or 88.3 MHz) for the best possible reception in your area.
Note: Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to see if any antenna adapters or tools are needed to install this FM modulator. Or, enter your vehicle information, and we'll contact you before shipping your order if they're needed for installing this modulator in your vehicle.
- play your iPOD, satellite radio tuner, or DVD through the car stereo
- RCA audio inputs and in-line wire connection for optimal sound quality
- 2 modulation frequencies (87.9 or 88.3)
- on/off switch
- headphone jack to RCA cable adapter included
- dimensions: 4-15/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 1-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- FM modulator with attached antenna cables/power and ground wires/and on/off switch
- 3' RCA to stereo mini cable
- Installation and operating instructions (English)
- Installation and operating instructions (Spanish)
This is a great product for the money. I've used several wireless ones in the past and none of them worked well as well as this wired one. This was such an easy set-up. I really wish that I did it earlier. Thanks for the help Crutchfield.
Charles, Fairfield, CT
Scosche FM-MOD01 Modulator Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Scosche FM-MOD01 is a stereo FM modulator with selectable FM frequencies. It allows the addition of an auxiliary audio source (DVD player, VCP, MP3 player, etc) to any FM radio.
Installation: The modulator can be installed in any hideaway location within cable length. It requires connection to a +12V Power source and chassis ground. The auxiliary source is connected to the RCA input jacks, a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack to RCA is included. The antenna interface connects to your vehicle's antenna plug and radio antenna input (antenna adapters required for some vehicles).
Modulation Frequencies: You can set the modulator to transmit on 87.9 or 88.3 MHz, whichever is not in use by any local radio stations.
Power Switch: The modulator has an on/off switch in the power wire. The switch can be positioned up to 60 inches from the modulator.
Right Side of Modulator:
- 12 Volt DC: 40" power wire with an in-line 2A fuse
- Ground: 40" ground wire
- Power Switch: Switch on 60" lead inline with power wire
- Antenna Input: 21" antenna input with a female Motorola connector
- Antenna Output: 21" antenna output with a male Motorola connector
Left Side of Modulator:
- Audio Input: Stereo female RCA audio connectors
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.