Weatherproof HD wedge camera with 65-ft. night vision range
Item # 834HD2WD20 | MFR # HD2-WD20
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the ClearView HD2-WD20 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A low-profile wedge-shaped HD camera
ClearView's full HD weather-resistant HD2-WD20 is a dome camera on a low-profile, wedge-shaped base, so it can be mounted in locations where other cameras might not fit. It's effective in low light, thanks to a bank of infrared sensors that can pick up what's going on up to 65 feet away. The camera's metal case makes it vandal-proof, so you can mount it in any area that needs watching and expect it to stand up to punishment.
- 1080p (30fps) indoor/outdoor dome camera in compact wedge-shaped base
- 1/2.7" CMOS sensor
- 3.6mm fixed lens with 90° angle of view
- requires 12-volt DC power; power supply sold separately
- infrared night vision lets you see up to 65 feet away in the dark
- vandal-proof metal casing
- wedge design lets you mount this camera where others might not fit
- BNC connection for use with older surveillance systems
- built-in microphone
- operating temp. range -22-140° F
- Consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas.
- 4-3/16" diameter x 2"H
- weight: 10.58 oz.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- HD2-WD20 vandalproof HD-AVS mini-dome camera with attached 20" DC power and dual BNC connectors
- 9" Adapter cable (Male BNC on one end and 2-pin Molex on other end)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic wall anchors
- Right-angled Torx T-15 wrench
- Mini CD-ROM with User's Manual
Overview: The ClearView HD2-WD20 is a day/night wedge mini-dome camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the ClearView PantherView HD-AVS system. This weatherproof (IP67), high-definition camera has a fixed 3.6mm F2.0 lens with a 1/2.7" 2.1-megapixel (1928 H x 1088 V) CMOS progressive scan imaging device. The lens has a horizontal angle of view of 90°. The camera has dual output of HD and SD signals, and an integrated microphone. It operates on 12VDC (power adapter sold separately).
Video Formats: The HD2-WD20 can output HD-AVS High Definition video (up to 30fps @ 1080). The camera works with HD-AVS or Analog systems. HDAVS is an HD video transmission standard that can be transmitted long distances (over 800 meters at 720p, or over 500 meters at 1080p) over 75-3 coaxial cable without any loss.
Minimum Illumination: The HD2-WD20 can give you a clear, bright picture in low light. The camera is equipped with 10 infrared LEDs surrounding the lens. The minimum illumination for color is 0.03 Lux @ F2.0. With the IR LEDs on, the camera has a 65.6' (20m) range in 0 Lux.
Lens Adjustment: The lens can be adjusted to allow you to aim the camera at the precise area you want to protect. With the dome cover removed, you can manually pan the lens 0°-60°, tilt 0°-80°, and rotate the lens a full 360°.
Vandalproof: The HD2-WD20 is designed to resist tampering or vandalism, and carries an IK10 rating. The metal camera housing is completely enclosed, and require a special tool (included) to remove the dome cover. The mounting screws are tightened from the inside of the enclosure.
Camera Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments to the camera:
- Day/Night: Auto (ICR), Color, B/W
- Backlight Compensation: True WDR (120dB)
Installation: The HD2-WD20 is designed to be mounted on a wall or ceiling with 4 screws (supplied). The power and video cables can be routed through the ceiling/wall by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side through the groove in the camera base. The camera has an operating temperature range of -22°F to +140°F (-30°C-+60°C).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.