Olympus E-PL6 Kit
16-megapixel mirrorless camera with 14-42mm zoom lens
Our take on the Olympus E-PL6 Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
The Olympus E-PL6's 3" capacitive touchscreen works like the one on your phone for easy navigation of settings and controls.
A one-way ticket to better photography
Your journey begins when you put down your phone and pick up the Olympus E-PL6. A pocket-sized camera with giant-sized potential, the E-PL6 gives you precisely detailed images with eye-popping color and options for boundless creativity, on top of everything that's cool and convenient about smartphone photography. If you're just starting out, you can break into this camera's abundant features little by little. In auto mode, the camera will apply the best settings for your subject and scene. 23 preset scene modes like portrait, sunset, and fireworks ensure optimal settings for nearly any environment, so you'll hit the ground running and learn as you go.
Meets your demands with gazelle-like agility
The E-PL6 has a speedy processor that makes its controls responsive. You can select the area you want to focus on from the touchscreen for ultra-fast focus exactly where you want it. This 3" capacitive touchscreen works just like the one on your phone, so it's intuitive to operate. Navigate options, change settings, and trigger the shutter, all with just a light touch. Live View mode lets you frame your shot and preview your settings, and a digital level gauge can be displayed to help you line your shot up evenly. The included 14-42mm lens is perfect for landscape shots, portraits and close-ups. Its design also lends itself well to natural background defocusing effects that let you put all the emphasis on your subject.
Creative expression made easy
Live Guide shows you the way
The E-PL6's Live Guide feature gives you composition tips and suggests settings to get the results you want. It helps you dial in the settings for a smoothly defocused background to make your subject stand out, and lets you control color and brightness, giving you a preview of your final result before you shoot. Live Guide also gives you options for artistic rendering of moving subjects, whether you want to show interpretive motion blur or freeze your subject sharply in place.
The E-PL6's LCD screen tilts upward or downward for creative composition from different angles. It also rotates to face you for easy self-portrait framing.
Unexpected discoveries expand your creative vision
With twelve different art filters that can be applied in combination with a handful of art effects, you won't be at a loss for creative captures of any subject or scene. Art bracketing leads you down the path to discovery by generating multiple art filter images with a single shot so you can experiment without having to choose a filter and surprise yourself with results you'll later be able to replicate on your own.
A sophisticated self-portrait system showcases your sparkling personality
Some might argue there's a difference between a selfie and a self-portrait. The E-PL6 is packed with features for fun selfies, but also has the capacity for more refinement when you feel like getting serious. Frame yourself perfectly by rotating the LCD screen to face you, set the self-timer from one to thirty seconds, and set up interval shooting for up to ten sequential shots. With eye detect autofocus, the camera finds your eyes and automatically puts them in focus. You can even assign priority to your left or right eye so you're sure to catch your best angle. The ePortrait scene mode can be applied before or after shooting to smooth your complexion, soften shadows and adjust color and contrast on your skin without affecting the background.
Create captivating time-lapse movies
Interval timer settings let you set up the E-PL6 to capture multiple frames in succession at the interval of your choice, which the camera later automatically combines into time-lapse movies. Try aiming for the sky on a day when there are dramatic clouds. If you do this around sunset and the sky cooperates, you'll end up with a heavenly time-lapse of billowing clouds shifting colors from orange to pink to purple against a steadily darkening sky. You can use this feature to capture a flower opening, a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis, people moving around within a scene, and virtually any other changing scene you can imagine.
Share instantly and expand your creative control with optional Wi-Fi®
With the addition of a FlashAir™ memory card, you can upload and share your photos and movies instantly. There's support for multiple devices, so you can share with friends and family on the spot. Others who connect to your camera will receive a one-time password to access the content you choose to share with them. Adding Wi-Fi to the E-PL6 also means you'll be able to use the free Olympus Image Share App on your phone or tablet. The app lets you apply the same in-camera filters and effects on your device, and can even be used on photos not taken with the E-PL6. You can use your device as a Wi-Fi remote to control zoom and exposure settings, select your autofocus area, activate the self-timer, and release the shutter.
- 16-megapixel effective recording
- includes M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 28-84mm)
- Micro Four Thirds-type Live MOS image sensor (17.3 x 13.0 mm)
- compatible with all Olympus Micro Four Thirds lenses; optional Olympus MMF-2 adapter lets you add standard Four Thirds lenses
- three-axis in-body image stabilization provides shake and movement compensation for clear, sharp handheld photos in any light
- Multi Motion Movie image stabilization corrects blur caused by moving the camera when shooting videos
- 3" (460,000-dot) LCD touchscreen tilts approximately 170 degrees upward or 65 degrees downward for creative composition at high or low angles
- anti-fingerprint coating on LCD touchscreen for easy viewing in bright outdoor conditions
- Wi-Fi-capable with optional FlashAir memory card; allows for instant sharing and geotagging
- built-in dust reduction system activates when the camera powers on and uses high-speed vibrations to clean the sensor for spot-free images
- high-speed release time lag mode for quick response in scenes with dynamic movement
- 35-point FAST(frequency acceleration sensor technology) autofocus system
- autofocus tracking locks focus and adjusts brightness for sharp captures of moving subjects
- face detection autofocus with face recognition captures up to 8 faces for sharp candids and portraits
- small target autofocus lets you focus on AF points within AF points for accurate focus; magnified AF frame lets you see to adjust focus on distant subjects
- 5 different aspect ratios available for specific framing options without cropping
- digital tele-converter lets you use the touchscreen to zoom in up to 2X on the center for still images, and up to 4X on any area for videos, with minimal degradation
- all-metal body with removable grip for a classic look and feel
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 8 frames per second
- shutter speed range: 2-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- ISO range: 100-25,600 for crisp, low-noise images in nearly any light
- fine detail processing with shadow adjustment technology compensates for extreme variations in light and shadow before or after shooting
- autofocus illuminator allows for faster focusing in low light on subjects up to 10 feet away
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- customizable mode dial gives you quick access to the settings you use most often
- 23 preset scene modes, including presets to optimize performance of compatible lenses
- 12 in-camera art filters including pop art and soft focus, plus 7 in-camera art effects including pin-hole effect and star light effect
- 6 bracketing functions include ISO, white balance, flash, art filter, and HDR post process let you choose the best shot from a series of images
- in-camera editing of JPEG and RAW files
- live bulb and live time modes display the scene on the LCD screen at set intervals so you can keep tabs on your exposure while the shutter is still open
- multiple exposure shooting lets you capture and combine multiple images
- flash sync at 1/250 seconds or less
File Formats and Storage:
- still image storage modes: JPEG, RAW, and RAW+JPEG (Fine), RAW+JPEG (Standard), MPO (for 3D lens recording)
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 4,608 x 3,456
- AVC/H 2.64 HD movies and Motion-JPEG files with stereo sound
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB 2.0 interface
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- accessory port for adding optional features including macro light, microphone adapter, and electronic viewfinders
- 4-13/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-13/16"D
- weight (with memory card and battery): 11.5 oz.
- rechargeable BLS-5 battery and BCS-5 charger
- USB and A/V cables
- FL-M1 detachable flash
- neck strap
- Olympus Viewer 2 software (CD-ROM)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- PEN E-PL6 camera body (black)
- BC-2 Body cap (installed on camera body)
- MCC1 Hot shoe cover
- 14-42mm II R 3.5-5.6 lens (black)
- LC-37B 37mm Front lens cap (installed on lens)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed on lens)
- BLS-50 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.2V 1210mAh 8.5Wh)
- BCS-5 Battery charger (8.35V 0.4A)
- 6' AC power cord (non-polarized C7)
- FL-LM1 Flash unit
- Pouch for flash unit
- MCG-4 Removable camera grip
- 61" AV cable (Proprietary connector on one end and RCA composite video and monaural audio on the other end)
- 54" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary connector on other end)
- Neck strap
- Olympus Setup CD-ROM
- Basic Manual
- Warranty Card
- Power plug sheet
Nice little camera with interchangeable lenses and enough features to make most advanced amateurs happy when the big camera must stay at home.
Bob R., Pennsylvania
Olympus E-PL6 Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||28-84mm|
|Sensor Size||4/3 Live MOS|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor Shift|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||11.5|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Olympus PEN: In 1959, Olympus introduced the PEN, a camera with the photographic optics of an SLR (single-lens reflex) camera with the size and simplicity of a point-and-shoot camera. The PEN was re-introduced in 2009 as the fully digital E-P1 with interchangeable lenses and multimedia capabilities with simple controls. The new PEN E-PL6 features a 3" Touch Screen monitor and fast 8 fps sequential shooting. This kit includes the E-PL6 body and the M. Zuiko 14-42mm zoom lens.
M. Zuiko Digital Lens: The included M. Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R lens fits the camera's Micro Four Thirds lens mount. Other Micro Four Thirds lenses are available for the E-PL6, including prime lenses (12mm, 17mm, 25mm, 45mm, 60mm, and 75mm) and zoom lenses (9-18mm, 12-40mm, 40-150mm, and 75-300mm). With the optional MMF-3 adapter, it is possible to mount any existing Four Thirds lens on this Micro Four Thirds digital camera.
Image Pickup Device: The PEN E-PL6 uses a 4/3" Live MOS sensor with approximately 17,200,000 total pixels and 16,050,000 effective pixels. The Live MOS sensor is complimented by Olympus' TruePic VI Image Processor for clear, true-to-life images.
Dust Reduction System: The E-PL6's built-in Dust Reduction System helps to eliminate unwanted spots on your images. When you turn on the camera, the patented Supersonic Wave Filter silently vibrates, shaking off and collecting dust particles that may accumulate on the sensor.
3" Tilting LCD: You can use the camera's 3" Tilting LCD monitor for framing your shots and viewing your digital pictures and videos. The LCD has approximately 460,000 dots, and can tilt upward to 170° and downward to 65°. It also features an anti-reflective coating. You can adjust the brightness and color balance from -7 to +7. Touch controls include: Touch Shutter Release, Touch Enlargement, Touch Live Guide, AF Area Selection, AF Area Enlargement, Touch Super Control Panel, Touch Art Filter selection, and Frame Playback forward/backward.
Optional Electronic Viewfinder: The PEN E-PL6 has a rear-mounted accessory port that allows you to add an optional Electronic Viewfinder, such as the VF-2 or VF-3. Because an optional EVF uses the camera's hot shoe, the included external flash cannot be used at the same time.
Live Guide: The easy-to-use Live Guide control allows you to see the effect of various adjustments on your shot before you take it. In the iAuto mode, the Live Guide lets you change color saturation, color image, brightness, blur background, and express motions, and see how the adjustments affect the outcome of your picture. The Live Guide also gives you framing tips, and tips for photographing children, pets, flowers, and food.
Image Recording Formats: The E-PL6 records digital still images in JPEG format, as well as RAW uncompressed images. RAW images can be processed into JPEG files in the camera or using the supplied software. You can record audio with still images in WAV format. Movies are recorded in AVI Motion JPEG with 16-bit PCM stereo audio at a 44.1 kHz sampling rate.
Still Image File Sizes: The PEN E-PL6 allows you to shoot still images in 3 sizes (Small, Middle, Large) with your choice of 4 compression modes: Super Fine (1/2.7 compression), Fine (1/4), Normal (1/8), and Basic (1/12). RAW images can be recorded only in 4608 x 3456 resolution with loss-less compression (approximately 1/1.5 compression). The available image sizes for each aspect ratio are as follows:
|RAW||4608 x 3456||4608 x 3456||4608 x 3456||4608 x 3456||4608 x 3456|
|Large||4608 x 3456||4608 x 2542||4608 x 3072||3456 x 3456||2592 x 3456|
|Middle||2560 x 1920||2560 x 1440||2544 x 1696||1920 x 1920||1440 x 1920|
|Small||1280 x 960||1280 x 720||1296 x 864||960 x 960||720 x 960|
Movie Modes: Movies can be recorded in two formats: MOV and AVI. MOV format movies feature MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video at 30 fps with stereo PCM audio, while AVI format movies feature Motion JPEG video at 30 fps with stereo PCM audio. The following recording modes are available:
|Record Mode||Pixel Count||File Format||Application|
|Full HD Fine |
|1920 x 1080||MPEG-4 AVC/H.164||Display on TVs and other devices|
|Full HD Normal |
|1920 x 1080|
|HD Fine |
|1280 x 720|
|HD Normal |
|1280 x 720|
|HD||1280 x 720||Motion JPEG||For computer playback or editing|
|SD||640 x 480|
Recording Media: Still images and movies with sound are recorded on SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. (Class 6 cards or above are recommended for movie recording.) Eye-Fi and FlashAir cards, with built-in wireless LAN functionality, are also compatible.
Image Stabilization: The E-PL6 utilizes mechanical (sensor shift-type) image stabilization to automatically compensate for camera shake in low-light situations or when using a telephoto lens. With image stabilization on, the effect is equivalent to 3 EV steps (Olympus in-house measurements). You can choose from the following stabilization modes:
- Off: Image stabilizer is off.
- S-IS1 (Auto): Image stabilizer on (still images)
- S-IS2 (Vertical IS): Image stabilization applies only to vertical camera shake. Use when panning horizontally. (still images)
- S-IS3 (Horizontal IS): Image stabilization applies only to horizontal camera shake. Use when panning the camera horizontally with the camera held in portrait orientation. (still images)
- M-IS1 (Movie-I.S): In addition to Auto image stabilization, camera shake that occurs when shooting while walking is also reduced. (movies)
- M-IS2 (Auto): Image stabilization applies to camera shake in all directions. (movies)
Shooting Modes: Using the top-mounted Mode Dial, you can choose from the following shooting modes:
- iAuto: A full auto mode in which the camera automatically optimizes settings for the current scene. The Live Guide lets you make creative adjustments, and view them on the monitor before you take the shot.
- Program Shooting: Shoot using an aperture and shutter speed that the camera sets.
- Aperture Priority: Set the aperture manually, and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically.
- Shutter Priority: Set the shutter speed manually between 1/4000 to 60 seconds, and the camera sets the aperture automatically.
- Manual: Set the shutter speed and aperture manually.
- Art Filter: You can select from the following Art Filters: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, and Art Bracketing
- Scene Modes: You can select from the following Scene Modes: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, and Beach & Snow.
- Movie Shooting Modes: While shooting movies, you can add effects, such as Multi-Echo, One-shot Echo, Art Fade, and Movie Tele-converter.
Picture Modes (Processing Options): The camera lets you select image tones to create unique image effects. For each picture mode, you can fine-adjust the image parameters, such as contrast and sharpness. The Picture Modes include:
- iEnhance: produces more impressive-looking pictures matched to the scene mode
- Vivid: produces vivid colors
- Natural: produces natural colors
- Muted: produces flat tones
- Portrait: produces beautiful skin tones
- Monotone: produces black and white tones
- Custom: lets you select one of the above modes, set the parameters, and register the setting.
- Art Filter: choose an art filter (listed above in Shooting Modes) to obtain the desired effect
Focus Modes: The PEN E-PL6 uses automatic focusing and manual focusing. You can select Single-AF (when shutter pressed halfway), Continuous-AF (always focusing), or Manual (turning the focus ring). You can also fine-adjust the focus manually by turning the focus ring after AF is performed in the S-AF mode (S-AF+MF). If you have a moving subject, you can use the AF Tracking feature (C-AF+TR). In this mode, the camera will track and maintain focus on the subject while the shutter button is held halfway.
Auto-Focus Target: The camera has 35 Auto-Focus targets (7 vertical columns x 5 horizontal rows) for focusing on the subject. In the All-Target AF mode, the camera automatically chooses from the full set of 35 AF targets. In the Single-Target AF mode, you can manually select one AF target for accurately focusing on the subject after composing the shot. In the Group Target mode, the camera automatically chooses from the targets in the selected group.
ISO Settings: The sensitivity can be set automatically or manually. You can set the default and upper limits for Auto ISO. The manual ISO sensitivity ranges from ISO 200 to 25600 and Low, with selectable ISO steps of 1 EV or 1/3 EV.
White Balance: Color reproduction depends upon light conditions. You can choose from 4 options for setting the white balance:
- Auto: For General Use, used for most light conditions
- Preset: You can choose from the following presets:
- 5300K: for shooting outdoors on a clear day, for sunset/sunrise, or fireworks
- 7500K: for shooting outdoors in the shadows on a clear day
- 6000K: for shooting outdoors on a cloudy day
- 3000K: for shooting under a tungsten light
- 4000K: for shooting under fluorescent lighting
- 4500K: for shooting under a neutral white fluorescent lamp
- 5500K: for flash shooting
- Custom: Color temperature set in the custom white balance menu (between 2000K and 14000K)
- One-Touch: Color temperature set by the one-touch WB method
Sequential Shooting: In addition to shooting single frames, the E-PL6 can also shoot multiple images for as long as the shutter button is pressed. When the camera is set to Sequential H, images are taken at about 8 frames per second. In Sequential L mode, images are taken at about 3.5 fps. Focus and exposure are fixed at the values for the first frame in each sequence.
Self-Timer: The Self-Timer lets you take pictures after a preset amount of time. You can choose from 2 seconds or 12 seconds. Self-timer Custom lets you set the number of frames to be shot (1-10), length of delay (1-30 seconds) and interval between shots (0.5, 1, 2, or 3 seconds).
Bulb/Time Shooting: The PEN E-PL6 can take extra long exposures with Bulb and Time photography. When the camera is set to Bulb, the shutter remains open as long as the shutter button stays pressed. When set to Time, the shutter opens when the shutter release is pressed fully and closes when the shutter release is pressed fully a second time. Use of a tripod and remote cable (RM-UC1) are recommended for Bulb and Time Photography.
Interval Shooting: You can take a series of photos over a period of time. You can shoot 1 to 99 shots at intervals of 1 second to 24 hours. You can convert the series of pictures into a time-lapse movie. The maximum time-lapse movie length is 10 seconds for 99 shots.
Flash Modes: The E-PL6 does not have a built-in flash. It includes an external flash unit (FL-M1) that attaches to the camera's hot shoe. With the flash attached, you can select from several flash modes: Auto, Fill in flash, Red-eye reduction flash, Slow synchronization (1st curtain), Slow sync (1st curtain) with Red-eye reduction, Slow synchronization (2nd curtain), Manual, and Flash off. You can also manually set the intensity of the flash between -3.0EV to +3.0EV.
Optional Flash Units: Optional flash units that can be used with the E-PL6 include FL-14, FL-600R, and FL-300R, as well as RF-11 Ring Flash, TF-22 Twin Flash, and FC-1 Macro Flash Controller.
Bracketing: To increase your chances of getting the perfect exposure in difficult shooting conditions, you can set the camera to take a number of photos at different exposure values for each frame. Frames are shot at optimum exposure, plus pictures adjusted in the opposite directions of exposure. You can perform bracketing in the following ways:
- AE Bracket: Two, three, five, or seven frames are shot using automatic exposure. You can set the compensation value to 0.3 EV, 0.7 EV, or 1.0 EV.
- WB Bracket: Three frames are shot using different white balances; one at specified WB, one adjusted toward amber-blue color, and the other toward green-magenta. You can set the bracketing adjustments in 2, 4, or 6 steps.
- FL Bracket: Three frames are shot with different flash intensity. Compensation values can be set at 0.3 EV, 0.7 EV, or 1.0 EV.
- ISO Bracket: Three images are taken, each with different ISO sensitivity, with shutter speed and aperture fixed. Compensation values can be set at 0.3 EV, 0.7 EV, or 1.0 EV.
- Art Bracketing: Each time the shutter is released, the camera records multiple images, each with a different Art Filter setting.
- HDR Bracketing: The camera records multiple images, each with a different exposure for HDR imaging.
Metering Modes: There are 5 ways to measure the subject brightness:
- Digital ESP: Camera measures light levels and calculates the differences in 324 separate areas of the image.
- Center-Weighted Average: Camera provides the average metering between the subject and background lighting, placing more weight on the subject in the center.
- Spot: Camera meters a very small area around the center of the subject.
- Spot with Highlight Control: If overall background is bright, the camera shifts toward over-exposure so white areas don't turn gray.
- Spot with Shadow Control: If overall background is dark, the camera shifts toward under-exposure so black areas don't turn gray.
Face Detection: The camera will detect people's faces in the frame and adjust the focus and metering automatically.
Multiple Exposures: The E-PL6 can overlay multiple frames and save the result as a single image. You can overlay an image while taking a picture, or overlay a recorded (RAW) image in playback mode.
Photo Playback: You can play back images one at a time, or in an index display of 4, 9, 25, or 100. You can also display images recorded on the memory card by date (calendar display). While in single image playback, the image can be magnified to 2x, 3x, 5x, 7x, 10x, or 14x for a closer look.
Playback On TV: The PEN E-PL6 allows you to play back your still images or movies on a TV. The camera has a Micro HDMI connector for playback on an HDTV with an optional Micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable. You can set the HDMI output resolution to 1080i, 720p, or 480p (576p for PAL). The camera also offers a composite video output, using the supplied A/V cable plugged into the camera's Multi-connector.
HDMI Control: When HDMI Control is set to "On", the camera can be operated by a TV remote control when it is connected to the TV via HDMI. The TV must support HDMI control. During single-frame playback, you can display or hide the information display and the index display.
PictBridge Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer, regardless of brand.
Power Options: The E-PL6 is powered by the supplied BLS-50 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.2 volts, 1210mAh, 8.5Wh). The battery charges in approximately 3 hours 30 minutes in the supplied BCS-5 battery charger. The BLS-50 battery is good for approximately 360 shots on a single charge.
Accessory Port Options: The rear-mounted Accessory Port can be used for optional accessories such as the VF-2 or VF-3 Electronic Viewfinder, or the Olympus Penpal (PP-1), which lets you wirelessly transfer images and movies to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
Lens Overview: This PEN E-PL6 camera kit includes the 3x M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II R wide angle zoom lens with a Micro Four Thirds mount. Designed for shooting movies, the lens features MSC technology, which gives you virtually silent auto focusing and great sound, even during zooming. The lens features the following specifications:
- Lens Mechanism: Inner focus with screw drive mechanism
- Lens Configuration: 8 lenses in 7 groups (including 3 Aspherical Glass Elements)
- Focal Length: 14-42mm (28-84mm 35mm equivalent)
- Angle of View: 75° - 29°
- Closest Focusing Distance: 9.8 inches
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.19x (35mm equiv: 0.38x)
- Number of Aperture Blades: 7 (circular aperture diaphragm for natural background blurring)
- Maximum Aperture: f3.5 (14mm); f5.6 (42mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Filter Diameter: 37mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.214"; Length 2.16" (retracted), 2.796-2.999" (unretracted)
- Weight: 4 ounces
Olympus Viewer 3 Software: The PEN E-PL6 includes Olympus Viewer 3 software on CD-ROM for Windows and Macintosh operating systems. The software lets you do the following:
- Import images and videos taken by the E-PL6 camera
- View, edit, and manage images and videos
- Organize images into folders, albums, people, and timelines
- Process and print images
- Assist you in selecting the best shot from a large number of images using color marks, and selection and light boxes.
System Requirements: The Olympus Viewer 3 software is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Mac OS X v10.5 - v10.10
USB Mass Storage Class: The camera supports USB Mass Storage Class, allowing you to transfer images to a computer with the provided USB cable. The following operating systems are compatible with the USB connection:
- Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition
- Mac OS X version 10.3 or later
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Beginner at photography. My girlfriend wants compact and I want quality so this appears to be a good compromise. [ Brian Jan 13, 2016 ]