Acoustic Landscape™ AS4.1
Outdoor subwoofer and four outdoor satellite speakers
Acoustic Landscape™ AS4.1 - The burial-rated subwoofer has unusual looks and delivers excellent bass
Our take on the Acoustic Landscape™ AS4.1 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Acoustic Landscape AS4.1 system lets you enjoy music in your yard without overshadowing your landscaping efforts.
Solid sound in the back yard
You've probably invested a lot of time in making your yard look great. The Acoustic Landscape AS4.1 speaker system lets you add great sound to your lawn, pool, or patio area without disrupting that carefully cultivated look. Each AS4 garden speaker has a 4-1/4" woofer and 3/4" tweeter for excellent sound reproduction. And each comes with a sturdy stake, so you can place them where they'll create the best, most immersive sound possible. Even better, the sound is directional, so you can concentrate the music where you want it, and not annoy the neighbors in the process. And if you want them to be heard and not seen, no problem, just hide them away in the shrubbery and the music will seem to appear as if by magic. The 8" subwoofer is designed to be buried beneath the ground, so it can add deep bass while remaining low-profile.
If you find you need more than four satellite speakers, just add more with the AS4 2-pack.
- outdoor speaker system with underground subwoofer and four low-profile satellite speakers
- recommended system power 35-200 watts
- warranty: limited 3 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
4 Satellite Speakers:
- 4-1/4" polypropylene woofer and 3/4" PEI tweeter
- weather-resistant, UV-resistant ABS enclosure
- mount on included stakes for a variety of placement options
- frequency response 120-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- 5-13/16"W x 5-5/8"H x 7-1/8"D each
- 8" polypropylene woofer provides rich, full bass
- designed to be buried out of sight (16" x 11" hole recommended)
- frequency response: 32-120 Hz (±3dB)
- 9-13/16" diameter x 18-1/2" height
What's in the Box:
- In-ground subwoofer (attached 35" speaker wire)
- 4 Plantable satellite speakers (attached 35" speaker wire)
- 4 Spikes
- 10 Wire-nuts
- Installation Manual
Excellent product with superior sound. Low profile, blends in well with landscaping. Perfect finishing touch for my new patio. Fully weatherproof and awesome sound at low and high volumes.
Anonymous, Blue Bell, pa
Acoustic Landscape™ AS4.1 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Power Range (watts)||100-200|
|Frequency Response||39-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||Attached wire|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Landscape Audio System: The Acoustic Landscape AS41 system by Origin Acoustics brings full-range sound to your backyard with four plantable speakers and an 8" burial subwoofer for extended bass response. The AS41 System projects perfectly even sound coverage directly into the listening area with equal volume, turning the whole outdoor space into a sweet spot without causing a disturbance to neighbors; all while remaining completely hidden from sight in landscape foliage. The AS41 system provides a sound coverage of 1500 Ft² and a 70° dispersion pattern with an optimum listening area of 8'-20' from the listening area.
Plantable Speakers: The AS4SAT satellite speakers bring high fidelity audio outdoors in the form of plantable speakers with a camouflage profile to go undercover in natural landscape environments. Once installed, they preserve the natural beauty of the surroundings while delivering a rich and even sonic performance.
- 2-Way Coaxially Mounted Driver: Each AS4SAT plantable satellite speaker consist of a coaxially-mounted 0.75" PEI dome tweeter and a 4.25" IMP (injection molded polypropylene) woofer with rubber surround.
- Directs Sound Inwards: In comparison to other outdoor speakers, Acoustic Landscape satellites direct sound inwards towards the listening area, creating great sound that the neighbors won't even notice.
In-Ground Subwoofer: The in-ground subwoofer features an 8" dual-voice coil IMP (injected molded polypropylene) cone woofer with rubber surround and a weatherproof aluminum mushroom head.
Weather/UV-Resistant ABS Enclosure: The plantable satellite speakers and in-ground subwoofer use a weather and UV resistant ABS sealed enclosure for exceptional durability outdoors.
Speaker Wire: Each plantable satellite speaker and the in-ground subwoofer features an attached 35" speaker wire. The speakers and subwoofer can be connected to a standard receiver or amplifier with two available channels and some 4- or 2-conductor direct burial 18-10 AWG speaker wire (sold separately). Ideally, all the speakers and subwoofer will be connected to two parallel wire runs, and these wires will be buried in a single trench. The Acoustic Landscape AS41 system is designed for the speakers to be evenly divided between these two wire runs, with the subwoofer connected to both.
Note: The Acoustic Landscape AS41 system (4 speakers/1 sub) presents an 8-ohm load to your receiver. If you expand the system (up to 8 speakers/1 sub), the system will deliver a 6-ohm load to your receiver.
Mounting Options: The Acoustic Landscape AS41's satellite speakerscome with plantable 7" mounting spikes, while the subwoofer is mounted in-ground.
- Plantable Spikes For Satellites: Each satellite speaker comes with a plantable spike to stick in the ground. To prevent water damage, angle the speaker less than 45° up. The plantable spike screws into the bottom of the satellite speaker. The plantable spike is hollow allowing the speaker wire to run through it.
- In-Ground Hole For Sub: Dig a hole for the subwoofer, about 16" deep and 11" in diameter. Use loose dirt to level the subwoofer. The subwoofer shouldn't be in contact with large rocks or large empty holes.
Placement: The Acoustic Landscape AS41 speakers and subwoofer should be strategically placed to evenly distribute sound throughout the outdoor area.
- Speaker Placement: These plantable satellite speakers should be fairly evenly spaced in a line and aimed so they cover the listening area uniformly. For best coverage, we recommend placing the speakers 6' to 8' apart.
- Subwoofer Location: Select a location for the subwoofer somewhat near the middle of the speaker arrangement. For more bass, install the subwoofer near a wall or other solid surface. The subwoofer should be positioned away from standing water.
Expandable Sound Coverage: Purchase the Acoustic Landscape AS4SAT Speaker Expansion Pack (981AS4SAT, sold separately) to extend the dispersion of the Landscape Audio System. Each AS4SAT Speaker Expansion pack provides an additional 500 SqFt of even sound coverage on top of an existing AS41 System. Up to two expansion packs can be used in a system for a total of eight speakers and a subwoofer, delivering superior and even coverage in outdoor areas up to 2,500 SqFt in size.
- Plantable Satellite Speakers: 5.8125" (w) x 5.625" (h) x 7.125" (d)
- In-Ground Subwoofer: 9.875" (w) x 18.75" (h) x 9.875" (d)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Clean lines, modular design and all sold/supported from the Crutchfield Team. [ Timothy Oct 31, 2017 ]
2 questions already asked
"Each plantable satellite speaker and the in-ground subwoofer features an attached 35" speaker wire. The speakers and subwoofer can be connected to a standard receiver or amplifier with two available channels and some 4- or 2-conductor direct burial 18-10 AWG speaker wire (sold separately). Ideally, all the speakers and subwoofer will be connected to two parallel wire runs, and these wires will be buried in a single trench. The Acoustic Landscape AS41 system is designed for the speakers to be evenly divided between these two wire runs, with the subwoofer connected to both." You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the speaker's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table. I hope that helps. My bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Ryan [ Ryan Feb 07, 2018 ] Staff
If you mean the Sonos amp, yes. They are however rated pretty high in terms of wattage, and depending how many you are wiring up, might want a amp with more performance and then use a Sonos connect instead. [ darrin Jul 02, 2017 ]