Paradigm PW 600
Wireless powered bookshelf speaker with Wi-Fi® and DTS Play-Fi® (White)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Paradigm PW 600 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Music throughout your home, sound tailored to each room
The Paradigm PW 600 powered speaker not only gives you easy wireless access to a wide range of music, but it can also adapt itself to the room you put it in. DTS Play-Fi lets you play music wirelessly from your phone, tablet, or PC and stream tunes from Internet-based services like Spotify®, Pandora®, and SiriusXM. You can also add compatible DTS Play-Fi speakers and components to other rooms for an easy-to-use whole-home audio system. Plus, the PW 600 tunes itself for optimum performance— even in rooms that aren't ideal for sound.
Tweak the sound of the Paradigm PW 600 speaker so it's ideal for your bedroom's plush surroundings...
... or so it compensates for the hard reflective surfaces of the bathroom.
Designed for room-filling sound
The PW 600 includes a calibration mic that connects to your computer to automatically adjust the speaker's settings to your room.
I got a chance to try this speaker out in my kitchen, and it sounded rich and detailed right out of the box. The 5" mid/woofer provided tight, punchy bass along with exciting midrange. A pair of 1" tweeters produced crisp highs.
But I had it on the counter, tucked away in the corner. All the reflective surfaces nearby made the low end slightly overbearing for background music while preparing, cooking, and eating dinner. For this very purpose, Paradigm includes a technology called Anthem Room Correction (ARC) to shape the sound of the PW 600 speaker.
Trying out the Anthem Room Correction (ARC)
I plugged the included mic into my laptop's USB port, and the step-by-step instructions guided me through the process. It measured how sound reflected off my kitchen's walls, cabinets, and furnishings. Then the speaker adjusted itself automatically and wirelessly. Paradigm explains that the PW 600 uses powerful built-in processing to correct the speaker's in-room response. Suddenly the bass sounded less boomy, and more balanced. The mids and highs also had a noticeable improvement, a fact I noticed when I toggled back and forth between the "corrected" and original sound.
Setup and control Play-Fi on your phone, tablet, or laptop
The PW 600 connects to your home network via dual-band Wi-Fi®, reducing drop-outs and interference. Download the free DTS Play-Fi app and you're ready to use the speaker in mere minutes. It's available for Android™, iOS®, and Kindle Fire, along with Windows® PC operating systems. Use the app to select music, control playback, and adjust volume.
Mix and match speakers in other rooms
With Play-Fi, you can create a simple yet flexible multi-room audio system. Play-Fi allows you to send the same song to multiple components and speakers or play a different song in every room. Family members can even control speakers independently with their own device.
Best of all, the Paradigm PW 600 can work with other Play-Fi devices from other manufacturers. That means you can mix and match different brands of wireless speakers and components, offering more flexibility than other closed systems.
Explore more Paradigm PW products and expand your DTS Play-Fi system
PW 800 - This tabletop wireless speaker can fill a larger room with sound
PW AMP - Connect a pair of speakers to this amplified wireless player
- 2-way stereo bookshelf speaker
- three built-in drivers powered by dedicated amplifiers:
- one 5" front-firing mid/bass woofer
- two 1" S-PAL™ dome tweeters
- Anthem Room Correction technology optimizes speaker's sound to your room
- included calibration mic captures the room's reflections and other sound challenges
- mic connects to your laptop via USB (Windows 7 or 8 required)
DTS Play-Fi Software:
- allows speaker to communicate with other Paradigm PW devices, as well as other Play-Fi components and speakers
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Play-Fi devices (recommended maximum of 16 devices on a network)
- free Play-Fi app for Apple, Android, Kindle, and Windows PC offers easy music selection and playback
- plays music stored on device
- supports Spotify Connect, Pandora®, SiriusXM®, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services; TIDAL only available with iOS devices, with Android support coming soon)
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- easy wireless setup using your smartphone, tablet, or PC
- plays MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV files; sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz (downsamples high-resolution PCM files to 16-bit/48kHz)
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a smartphone other portable music player
- Ethernet port allows a hardwired connection to your home network
- USB port for firmware updates
- volume control and button to toggle room correction "on" and "off"
- configure two PW 600 speakers for stereo playback
- AC adapter included (must be plugged in to outlet)
- 802.11g/n Wi-Fi router required for multi-room streaming
- works with 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz routers
- 6-9/16"W x 9-13/16"H x 6-7/8"D
- weight: 7.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet and Wi-Fi router
What's in the Box:
- Wireless active speaker
- 5.5' AC power cord
- Auto calibration mic
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- 6.5' microUSB-to-USB cable
- Owner's Manual
- "Setup For iOS Device Users" instructions
- "Setup For PC Users" instructions
- "Setup For Android Users" instructions
- Online Product Registration Reminder
- Spotify Connect brochure
Great sound, nice to have the ARC capability. Hard to believe something so small sounds so good.
Dan, Folsom, CA
Paradigm PW 600 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Wireless Active Speaker: The PW600 combines Paradigm's innovative loudspeaker and amplifier engineering with state-of-the-art DTS Play-Fi wireless streaming technology, so you can experience the freedom of wireless audio streaming with bold, dynamic performance.
- Anthem Class-D Amp: The Paradigm PW600 wireless loudspeaker is powered by an 200W RMS/400W Peak Anthem Class-D amplifier for clear, dynamic sound that sound great at any volume level.
- S-PAL Drivers: Dual 1" S-PAL (satin-anodized pure-aluminum), Ferro-fluid dome tweeters in a stereo configuration deliver exceptional high frequency response. The 5" S-PAL midrange/bass driver with high-excursion foam-rubber elastomer surround and 1" high-temp voice coil provides excellent midrange and midbass response.
- Stereo Pairing: You can configure two PW600 speakers to work together as a stereo pair; one as the left speaker and one as the right speaker.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Technology: Paradigm's exclusive Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Technology uses an exclusive calibration microphone and advanced DSP algorithms to quickly and easily optimize speaker performance in any space. In just a few easy steps the microphone measures sound output, compares it to scientifically optimal response curves, and instantly adjusts your wireless speaker's output for perfect sound.
Note: To use this feature, you will need to download the ARC 2 Software v1.1.3638 onto your Windows PC running Windows 7 or 8 (32- or 64-bit), and connect the included ARC microphone to a free USB (type-A) port on your compatible Windows PC using the supplied 6.5' microUSB-to-USB cable.
Premium Wireless (PW) Series: The Paradigm PW600 wireless active speaker is part of Paradigm's Premium Wireless (PW) Series, a collection of wireless products that allow you to control what you want to listen to from your smartphone, tablet, or computer and stream it wirelessly to any room. You can start with one Paradigm Premium Wireless (PW) series product and then add more throughout your home or office.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: Paradigm's Premium Wireless (PW) Series of wireless speakers, amplifiers, and adapters employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The Paradigm PW600 is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (10/100) LAN port to hardwire the speaker to your home's network router. The PW600 also features built-in WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) for a wireless connection to your home network.
Simple Setup: There are two methods for connecting the Paradigm PW600 to your home network. You can perform WiFi setup via the free DTS Play-Fi App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network). You can also use the WPS button on the speaker if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
DTS Play-Fi App: Download the free DTS Play-Fi App onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) device, Android (2.2+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer. From the app you can initially set up the Paradigm Premium Wireless (PW) series speaker, as well as add, link, and control all your PW series and DTS Play-Fi components. You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Premium Wireless (PW) series and DTS Play-Fi enabled products throughout your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources: Paradigm's Premium Wireless (PW) Series supports a variety of music sources.
- Mobile Device (Apple iOS & Android): You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.2+) device to the PW600 through the free DTS Play-Fi app.
- Online Music Services: From the free DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, Songza, Rhapsody, and Internet Radio.
- Computer Audio: The Paradigm Premium Wireless (PW) Series wireless speaker is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. Use the free DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Aux Input: A 3.5mm auxiliary input lets you connect and play music from other audio sources, such as a portable CD player or MP3 player with an audio output or headphone output jack. This input can only be played back at the speaker location and cannot be used for a multiroom application.
Sub Output: The PW600 speaker features a mono-RCA subwoofer output with a fixed 100Hz low-pass crossover for connection of a powered sub (sold separately).
Side-Panel Controls: The Paradigm PW600 features side-panel, push-button controls for Power On/Off, Source Select, Volume Up/Down, and Mute.
AC Power: The Paradigm PW600 operates off of standard household current using its integrated power supply and detachable 6.5' AC power cord.
Mounting Options: The PW600 wireless active speaker can be table-top mounted using its integrated rubber feet.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It was free [ Scott Dec 19, 2017 ]
Good reviews. Promises good performance. Good Play-Fi technology. Can do hi-def audio. [ Edward Jan 13, 2016 ]
Because it was free with Anthem MRX receiver purchase [ Scott Dec 27, 2017 ]
I was looking for a wireless speaker and Paradigms are one of the best [ Sharada Prasad Dec 20, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
1 answer The PW600 uses the DTS play-Fi technology. On the dts play-fi website, they say that "AirPlay is an optional feature for our brand partners, so this capability is not available on all Play-Fi products. Please check with your manufacturer to see if AirPlay is included with your model." Do you know if the protocol is supported? Thank you! [ gobulebarbu Dec 17, 2015 ]
It looks like right now AirPlay is not support on this model. [ Jeff Dec 18, 2015 ] Staff