Wireless SmartCam HD PRO indoor security camera
Our take on the Samsung SNH-P6410BND by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Samsung SmartCam HD PRO is a camera, a microphone and a speaker all in one.
See everything with Samsung
Samsung's SNH-P6410BND camera makes it easy for you to keep your eye on multiple rooms in your home or business, even when you're not there. The camera offers full HD resolution, and the ability to wirelessly view video from your laptop or an Android™ or Apple® mobile device. Just download the Samsung SmartCam app from the App Store® or Google Play® and you'll be able to keep your family, pets and stuff in view, even when you're on vacation.
Let them hear your voice
If you've left a pet or elderly family member at home while you're at work, you can not only keep tabs on how they're doing, but you can let them know you're available any time you need to with the built-in Two Way Talk feature. Speak into your smartphone, and your voice will come out of the camera's speaker on the other end. Tell Rover to get off the couch, or remind grandpa to take his medication, without having to interrupt your workflow.
- color camera with built-in Wi-Fi provides full 1080p HD streaming video to your computer
- up to 720p on your mobile device
- effective pixels: 1944 x 1224
- 0.36" Sony CMOS image sensor captures bright, detailed images
- 4X digital zoom
- free Samsung SmartCam app for Android™ or iOS® available on the App Store® and Google Play®
- Two-Way Talk feature allows you to talk back through your phone
- smart motion and audio detection can ignore everyday background noise and focus on what you want to see and hear
- instant push notifications or emails sent directly to your mobile device when your camera detects motion or sound
- select up to three motion zones in the camera's field of view
- advanced IR cut filter helps provide clear video up to 16 feet away in low-light situations
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology enhances details in backlit conditions
- 128° ultra-wide angle lens maximizes coverage
- memory card slot lets you locally store up to 64GB on a microSDXC memory card
- weight: 10.24 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Indoor IP surveillance camera on base
- AC adapter with 8' DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2.2A)
- 58" Flat Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- Ferrite core noise filter
- 4 Self-tapping screws (M3 x 20mm)
- 4 Plastic wall anchors
- Round dual-sided tape
- Quick Start Guide (English)
- Quick Start Guide (Spanish)
- Quick Start Guide (French)
- Warranty Certificate
- Open Source Announcement
Works great... I really like how eat the set up is .. only takes a few minutes and your ready to go ... And the picture is great ..
Daniel, Fresno, CA
Samsung SNH-P6410BND Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Wisenet SmartCam HD Pro (SNH-P6410BN) is an indoor IP camera for home surveillance and monitoring. It can stream HD video wirelessly to your computer, smartphone, or tablet (through the free SmartCam App), or record to an inserted microSD memory card. The camera's wide-angle lens covers a large area, even at night.
Camera: The camera comes mounted on a tilting base that can be placed on a tabletop or shelf, or attached to a wall via 3 screws (screws and wall anchors included). It can be tilted on the base and rotated to properly orient the camera. Included with the camera is an Ethernet cable and power adapter. Dimensions: 3-5/16" W x 4-3/4" H x 3-1/8" D; Weight 10.3 ounces.
Wide Angle Lens: The Wisenet SmartCam has a wide-angle 2.8mm lens with a viewing angle of 128° (Horizontal 111°, Vertical 62°) and a minimum focus distance of 15-3/4". This allows you to cover a large area with fewer cameras.
Light Enhancer: Wisenet's Light Enhancer and infrared LEDs enhance the available light in dark areas up to 16' away to give you more image detail in extremely low light conditions. The camera's True Day/Night filter gives you vivid color in the daytime and detailed black and white at night. Minimum illumination is 0.3 Lux (color) and 0 Lux (B&W).
Image Sensor: The camera has a 1/2.8" 2-megapixel Sony CMOS image sensor with a native resolution of 1944 x 1224 pixels. You'll be able to view Full HD video (1080p) on your computer and desktop, or 720p HD video streaming to your smart device.
Wi-Fi: The SNH-P6410BN HD Pro camera connects to your wired or wireless LAN. The back panel of the camera has an RJ-45 Ethernet jack for plugging into your router (using the supplied Ethernet cable). The camera is also compatible with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band systems. Wi-Fi Direct support is available at the push of a button.
Audio Communication: You can carry on one- or two-way communication using the built-in microphone and speaker, or by connecting the audio out to an external audio device. Using your smartphone or tablet, you can speak to someone in view of the camera, or play up to 3 pre-selected music selections or voice recordings. You can also simply monitor the audio in the room, if desired.
SmartCam App: The ability to view live video and use two-way communication (if microphone installed) from your camera comes through the Wisenet SmartCam app, available from Google Play and Apple iTunes. Setup is easy through the intuitive step-by-step process. The app is compatible with Android devices running version 4.x and later, as well as iPhone/iPad/iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later.
Note: iOS users streaming video are limited to 320 x 240 resolution at 20fps via Wi-Fi and 5fps via 3G.
Motion/Sound Detection and Zone Alerts: The Setup Menu allows you turn on motion detection and sound detection, either of which will trigger an alert. The sensitivity level of motion and sound detection can be vary, depending upon your preference for triggering alerts. In addition, you can increase the accuracy of the motion detection by selecting a Motion Zone. For example, you can set a Motion Zone on a window, door, gate, or any other area of interest in the camera's field of view. Up to 3 Motion Zones can be selected at a time.
Notifications: You can configure the SmartCam system to provide instant email alerts and push notifications to your smart device when significant motion or sound is detected. Event alerts can also be made available through Picasa or Twitter. You can monitor the event in real time, while the video is simultaneously being recorded onto a microSD memory card.
MicroSD Card Slot: The indoor power/Wi-Fi module has a slot for a microSD memory card that provides reliable video storage without having to pay monthly cloud recording service fees. In the Setup Menu, the camera can be set to record continuously, or record only when motion events are detected. The unit will accept microSD/SDHC cards up to 64GB (FAT32 file system).
Digital Pan/Tilt/Zoom: While viewing streaming video from the camera, you can zoom in up to 10x (web) or 4x (mobile) to get a closer look, and pan left or right, and tilt up or down to view a desired portion of the view. The camera remains stationery, and all of the movement takes place digitally.
- Ethernet: RJ-45 (10/100 Base-T)
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz dual band)
- Video Compression: H.264, Motion JPEG
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 640 x 360
- Audio Compression: G.711, G726
- Security: SSL (AES 256-bit)
- Streaming Method: Unicast (up to 5 users)
- PC OS Support (Web Viewer): Windows XP, 7, 8 or higher; Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Mobile OS Support: Android OS: 4.x or higher; iOS 6 or higher
- Supported Browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher
- Firefox 9.0 or higher
- Chrome 15.0 or higher
- Safari 5.1 or higher
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.