About the Niles RS6 Pro
This speaker rocks, but it won't roll
This speaker rocks, but it won't roll
The Niles RS6 Pro speaker delivers spacious sound while disappearing into the surrounding landscape. You'll enjoy exceptional outdoor music thanks to Niles' careful design and attention to detail. And their integrated security mount helps ensure that your speaker stays put.
Thoughtfully designed for clear sound
The RS6 Pro features a 1" Teteron® dome tweeter for crisp highs and a 6-1/2" TCC (talc, carbon and ceramic) injected polypropylene woofer for rich midrange and bass. Niles mounts the drivers closer behind the grille than most rock speaker manufacturers for more accurate sound with better imaging. And the tweeter is angled upwards 20º, so the high frequencies are aimed at the listener and not the ground.
Stands up to the elements like a lighthouse
The RS6 Pro is completely weatherproof — you can leave it outside fully exposed to whatever nature brings, worry-free. It has passed some of the most stringent environmental tests ever devised for outdoor speakers, including extensive Salt Fog and UV Exposure testing. Plus, it can handle extreme temperatures, from -50º to 185º Fahrenheit. You'll enjoy "rock"-solid sound for years to come.
- sold individually
- acoustic suspension design
- frequency response 60-21,000 Hz
- handles up to 150 watts
- sensitivity 89 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- 1" Teteron dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" TCC (talc, carbon and ceramic) injected polypropylene woofer
- weatherproof enclosure
- rust-proof aluminum grilles
- 3-foot pre-attached burial-rated speaker cable
- security bracket and cable included to protect against theft
- 14"W x 12-3/8"H x 10-7/8"D
- warranty: limited lifetime
- MFR # FG01690
What's in the box:
- Rock speaker with 2'" attached speaker wire
- Metal security bracket/stake
- 42" Security cable
- 2 Water-resistant wire nuts
- Installation Guide. Limited Warranty Card
Customer reviews for Niles RS6 Pro
Average review:5.0 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Niles RS6 Pro
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||TCC-filled Poly|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Power Range (watts)||10-150|
|Frequency Response||60-21k Hz|
|Connector Type||Bare wire|
GeoRealistic Styling: The RS6 Pro's enclosure has unique textures and colors to make it look like a natural rock. The speaker grilles are designed so they blend into the cabinet. It is supplied with a security bracket/stake and cable to insure it stays where you put it. The speaker is designed and built to withstand the environmental stresses placed on an outdoor loudspeaker.
Weatherproof: The cabinet is made from fiberglass; it utilizes double seals on the tweeter, woofer and enclosure cover. The drivers are designed to drain water away from them and are made from weather resistant material. The grilles are painted aluminum to stand up to the harsh outdoor environment. The speaker has passed test requirements for salt fog, operating temperature, storage temperature, UV exposure and humidity per military standard 883.
ConeForward Design: This design mounts the woofer and tweeter as close to the grille as possible giving you excellent imaging from an outdoor loudspeaker. The tweeter is angled 20° up from the woofer so it is aimed at the listener and not at the ground. This improves the high frequency coverage of the loudspeaker and ensures that all the benefits of the tweeter are heard and not lost in the surroundings.
- 1" Tweeter: The RS6 Pro uses a 1" Teteron tweeter that utilizes a tri-laminate design consisting of an inner textile layer which forms the dome, a high damping layer to kill unwanted resonances and an outside layer of urethane to add stiffness and prevent breakup modes. The result is a transparent clear, natural sounding tweeter which still maintains its extended frequency response and is completely weatherproof.
- 6.5" Woofer: The RS6 Pro uses a 6.5" TCC (talc, carbon, ceramic) filled polypropylene woofer. The unusually stiff cone, the butyl rubber surround and substantial magnet and motor structure are optimized for large excursions of the woofer. The 6.5" woofer is designed to provide rich deep bass and outstanding weather resistance capabilities.
Precision Crossover: A customized electronic dividing network inside the cabinet precisely distributes the music to the woofer and the tweeter. The three-pole, two-way design of the RS6 Pro crossover provides excellent stereo imaging, low distortion and superior sonic performance.
Rigid Acoustically Inert Cabinet Construction: Niles utilizes a unique 4-layer cabinet construction to achieve superior non-resonance of the speaker cabinet. This insures that all your hear is the music and not cabinet noise.
Grille: The aluminum Microperf grille on the RS6 Pro has hundreds of precisely sized perforations, creating an acoustically transparent grille. The aluminum construction resist oxidation enabling years of trouble-free operation in the harshest of conditions. Niles paints both sides of the grille for added protection.
Speaker Cable Connection: To make sure the speaker connection is trouble-free, the RS6 Pro features a 2' connection cable rated for burial underground and specialized waterproof wire nuts. The wire nuts are filled with a waterproof sealant.
Wiring Requirements: 2-conductor direct burial cable is recommended at the following sizes depending on the longest length of cable required:
- 16 gauge: maximum distance of 60'
- 14 gauge: maximum distance of 100'
- 12 gauge: maximum distance of 160'
Power Rating: An amplifier rated at 10 to 150 watts is recommended to power the RS6 Pro.
The Niles RS6 Pro replaces these items
4 questions already asked