Expandable tilt wall mount for flat-panel TVs 27"-110"
Our take on the Sanus VMPL3 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The Sanus VMPL3 has an expandable design that lets you mount flat-panel TVs ranging from 27" all the way up to 110" on your wall. It features sturdy, heavy-gauge steel construction with a durable powder-coated finish. You get two sets of mounting brackets for your TV: One set provides vertical tilt so you can adjust the angle of your TV with a gentle push, and the other set mounts your TV in a fixed position just 1-9/16" from the wall.
Will this mount work with my TV?
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of mounts that work with your specific TV.
Where do I drill the holes?
Tell the Sanus HeightFinder™ Installation Assistant how high you want your TV, and it tells you exactly where to drill.
- fits most flat-panel plasma and LCD TVs from 27" to 110"
- heavy-gauge steel construction with powder-coated finish
- includes tilting and fixed, low-profile brackets
- tilt range: +6° to -12°
- low-profile brackets mount TV 1-9/16" away from wall
- supports 280 lbs.
- stud-mounting required
- includes mounting hardware
- accommodates a range of mounting hole patterns: VESA 50, 75, 100, and 200mm x 200mm, 200mm x 100mm, and 400mm x 200mm mounting standard
- optional center plate allows mount to accommodate a wider range of TVs, including 65" Panasonic plasmas
- wall plate: 27-1/8"W (expandable up to 42-3/8") x 9-1/16"H x 7/8"D
- monitor brackets: 17"W (expandable up to 27-7/16") x 1-11/16"H x 2-5/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Expandable wall-bracket
- 2 Vertical TV brackets
- 2 Low-profile TV brackets
- 2 TV bracket extensions
- 2 Latch extensions
- Four M4 x 12mm screws
- Four M4 x 35mm screws
- Four M5 x 12mm screws
- Four M5 x 35mm screws
- Four M6 x 12mm screws
- Four M6 x 20mm screws
- Four M6 x 35mm screws
- Four M8 x 16mm screws
- Four M8 x 20mm screws
- Four M8 x 35mm screws
- Four 10-32 x 1/4" screws
- Two 1/4"-20 x 7/8" screws
- Four M4/M5 washers
- Four M6/M8 washers
- Six 0.695 x 0.35 x 0.075 washer
- Eight 1/4" washers
- 4 Spacers
- 6 Wall-anchors
- Six 5/16" x 2-3/4" lag-bolts
This was easy to install and seems very sturdy. It is very heavy duty and despite my large TV I have confidence that it will stay on the wall!
Brent, Sarasota, FL
Sanus VMPL3 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
TV Compatibility: The Sanus VMPL3 features an adjustable design that expands and retracts to offer a custom fit for many flat-panel TVs. The Sanus VMPL3 wall-mount bracket fits TVs from 27" to 110", weighing up to 280 lbs.
VESA Bolt Pattern: The Sanus VMPL3 wall-mount bracket accommodates a horizontal hole spacing on back of the TV of 50mm-1016mm and a vertical hole spacing of 25mm-660mm. The VMPL3 comes with M4, M5, M6, and M8 size bolts of differing lengths to mount the bracket to your TV. It will accommodate the following VESA hole patterns in accordance with industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association (mm):
- 100 x 100, 100 x 200
- 200 x 100, 200 x 200, 200 x 300, 200 x 400
- 300 x 100, 300 x 200, 300 x 300
- 400 x 100, 400 x 200, 400 x 300, 400 x 400, 400 x 500, 400 x 600
- 500 x 100 500 x 200, 500 x 300, 500 x 400, 500 x 500
- 600 x 100, 600 x 200, 600 x 300, 600 x 400, 600 x 600
- 700 x 200, 700 x 300, 700 x 400, 700 x 500
Dual Purpose: The Sanus VMPL3 is a dual-purpose tilting and low-profile wall-mount. Two sets of vertical TV brackets are included; one set of tilting brackets and one set of low-profile brackets (only one set will be used).
- Tilt Mechanism: By installing the set of tilting brackets to the back of your flat-panel TV, you can tilt the television up or down (6°/-12°) with the push of a finger, helping you reduce glare from lights or windows and find the perfect viewing angle.
- Low-Profile: The low-profile brackets position your flat-panel TV only 1.25" away from the wall for a clean, flush appearance. Your flat-panel TV will be positioned 2.5" from the wall when using the tilting brackets.
- Lateral Shift: Lateral shift allows your mounted flat-panel TV to move left and right on the wall plate so it's placed exactly where you want it. This can be done using either set of brackets.
Solid Steel Construction: The VMPL3's solid heavy-gauge steel construction offers a sleek, high-tech look while providing strength and durability.
- Stud finder
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Electric drill
- 1/2" Socket wrench
- 7/32" Drill bit (for wood stud installations)
- 1/2" Drill bit (for concrete or concrete block installations)
- Tape Measure
- Adjustable wrench
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Looks to be a very sturdy mount [ Joshua Oct 07, 2018 ]
This has been my trifecta buying experience - speed courtesy, quality [ George Aug 15, 2018 ]
Excellent reviews. [ Richard Nov 21, 2017 ]
Needed to secure a rather large, heavy tv to a wall and this is the only mount that would assure this. [ Maria Sep 20, 2017 ]
Recommended to hang a 60 inch Pioneer plasma. [ Gary Jun 30, 2017 ]
Good reviews, wanted a sturdy mount. [ David Joseph May 22, 2017 ]
Features and quality [ John Dec 01, 2016 ]
This is beefy and holds modern flat screens without any issues. I only wish it came with a long tool to secure the t.v. to the wall. If you live in an earthquake-prone area, you may have to go through a little extra effort, but this mount is solid and adapts to offset studs and various t.v. sizes. [ Joshua Nov 13, 2016 ]
Looked like the best mount for our new TV. [ kevin Sep 22, 2016 ]
This thing is awesome. I will never use any tv mount other than Sanus! [ VTengineer Aug 17, 2016 ]
Expandable to 42" therefore I can screw it into 3 studs [ Joseph R. Jul 20, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
The bracket is not very heavy. I think with the proper fasteners it would be fine. [ BRIAN Jun 26, 2014 ]
Bracket definitely needs to be placed in solid studs [ MATTHEW Jun 25, 2014 ]
Brenda, The mount is a heavy and the instructions indicate that special anchors need to be used for metal studs. (not included). In my research, I did find a variety of mounting anchors at the local home depot so mounting is do-able. I would recommend researching other options before making a decision. The mount IS a good one. The issue is the studs you have to work with and the anchors needed to safely mount this hanging apparatus. Todd [ TODD Jun 25, 2014 ]
This a good mounting bracket. Very sturdy and was recomened by our installer for our new Samsung Plasma F8500. Very happy with it. [ GARY Jun 25, 2014 ]
I'm sorry but I have wood studs, the bracket itself is heavy but it is holding up a 70 inch TV feels very secure. [ ANTHONY J Jun 25, 2014 ]
I don't think it's too heavy but am not sure what type of screws should be used to attach it to the metal studs. It is too heavy to just attach to drywall [ STEPHEN Jun 24, 2014 ]
Thanks Matt! [ Bee Mar 06, 2014 ]
Brent - Very much appreciate the feedback. Thank you. [ Bee Mar 06, 2014 ]
No. Everything you need Congress with it. You just need stud and screws. [ MATTHEW Mar 06, 2014 ]
No [ MATTHEW Mar 06, 2014 ]
I do not believe that you need an extension. I measured mine and it is out to 36 now. I have more room to extend it. [ BRENT C Mar 06, 2014 ]
My wall had standard 16" studs and I did not need anything extra. Sorry, but I do not know if the 36" studs require anything extra. Perhaps the manufacturer might be able to advise... Best of luck! [ STEPHEN Mar 06, 2014 ]