Canon EOS Rebel T6 Two Zoom Lens Kit
18-megapixel DSLR camera with Wi-Fi® and 18-55mm and 75-300mm zoom lenses
Item # 280RT6PKG | MFR # 1159C008
Instant savings: -$250.00 Instant savings ends 11/17
$499.00 Earn up to 499 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Canon EOS Rebel T6 Two Zoom Lens Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 Kit is ideal for first-time DSLR users.
Ready when you are
If you're ready to take your photography to the next level, the Canon EOS Rebel T6 can take sharp, detailed photos right out of the gate, even if you're still learning the ropes. Its built-in feature guide helps you get familiar with shooting on a DSLR, and intelligent auto modes help you capture images with the right look. It's a great camera for beginners, and a great all-around DSLR. Its large sensor and fast image processor make it super-responsive. Plus it performs well in all kinds of light, so you can get away with flash-free shooting in dim situations.
More tools for creative expression
Even as you're sharpening your photography skills, you can start taking gorgeous photos with the T6 right away, thanks to Creative Auto mode, which provides shooting guides on the LCD screen to explain how to make changes to exposure, tone, sharpness, and more. The T6 also has five different creative filters for still images. Give your photos a dreamy look with the Soft Focus effect, or make a city street look like a scale model with the Miniature effect.
Put your vision in motion with Full HD video recording
The EOS Rebel T6 shoots Full HD (1920 x 1080) movies. If you're new to videography, the T6 is a great camera to learn on, plus it's fun to use. Thanks to the imaging power of the camera's sensor and fast DIGIC 4+ processor, you'll get sharp, well-exposed video any time of day. Video Snapshot mode lets you shoot two-, four-, or eight-second clips and stitch them together into a single movie. Capture the highlights of your next vacation in a cool, engaging way, or just have fun documenting daily life.
Wi-Fi adds convenience, flexibility, and control
The T6's built-in Wi-Fi lets you use Canon's free Camera Connect app to transfer images and movies straight to your compatible phone or tablet. With the app, you can use your device as a wireless remote, and even change settings on the T6. Full DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatibility lets you share easily between the T6 and other DLNA-certified products like HDTVs. NFC touch pairing lets you connect easily to a compatible Android™ device, or to any other compatible device with NFC, like the Canon Connect Station CS100 wireless storage hub.
A dynamic lens duo to springboard your photography
This kit is an awesome way to break into full-scale photography without breaking the bank. While you might want to invest in specialized lenses once you've sharpened your skills, the two included lenses cover such a wide focal range they may be all you'll ever need. You've got the image-stabilized 18-55mm option for your landscapes and architecture shots, and then you've got the 75-300mm lens for distant subjects like wildlife or performers on a stage. Experiment with both lenses for portraits and close-ups, and you'll find that each focal length gives you a distinctive look and feel. This flexibility combined with your choice of exposure settings makes it easy to develop and hone your unique style.
- 18-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (22.3 x 14.9 mm)
- included lenses:
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 29-88mm)
- EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto zoom lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 120-480mm)
- high-res 3" LCD (920,000 dots) with Live View allows composing shots on-screen in real-time
- built-in Wi-Fi allows easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- NFC touch pairing for compatible Android™ devices
- high-def movie mode
- optical viewfinder with diopter adjustment
- self-timer lets you get into the picture
- DIGIC 4+ image processor provides exceptional image quality and high-speed shooting
- fast, precise 9-point autofocus system
- built-in flash for illuminating nearby subjects
- hot shoe for powered Canon accessories
- uses optional SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- 3 frames per second in continuous shooting mode
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-6400
- "Basic+" and "Creative Auto" modes show how to achieve artistic effects as you shoot
- shooting modes include: scene intelligent auto, program auto, creative auto, auto depth-of-field, flash off, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, and manual
- new white priority white balance mode lets you create images with a more neutral tone when shooting under artificial lighting
- new food mode enhances color and brightness for ready-to-share images of food
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB interface
- audio/video output
- mini HDMI output (cable not included)
- 5-1/8"W x 4"H x 3-1/16"D
- weight: 24.21 oz. (with battery and lens)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Canon 18-55mm IS II zoom lens
- Canon 75-300mm zoom lens
- rechargeable LP-E10 lithium ion battery
- LC-E10 battery charger
- adjustable neck strap
- USB and audio/video cables
What's in the Box:
- The Canon EOS Rebel T6 Premium Kit includes the following separately boxed items: EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm IS II lens / EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens / and the Canon 100ES Shoulder Bag.
- The EOS Rebel T6 camera box includes:
- Digital camera body (with body cap installed)
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens (with E-58II front lens cap and rear lens cap installed)
- LP-E10 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery with plastic terminal cover installed (7.4V 860mAh 6.36Wh)
- LC-E10 Battery charger (8.3V / 0.58A)
- 52" USB cable with USB type A connector on one end and mini-B USB 2.0 on the other
- Adjustable cloth neck strap (with attached eyepiece cover)
- Basic Instruction Manual (English)
- Basic Instruction Manual (Spanish)
- Warranty Card
- Do More with Macro! booklet
- Flash Classroom booklet
- Online registration card
- The EF 75-300mm lens box includes:
- EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto zoom lens
- E-58mm Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- Limited warranty card
Great canera overall. The best one for starting a career in photography.
Fabian, Caguas, PR
Canon EOS Rebel T6 Two Zoom Lens Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||29-88 / 75-300|
|Image Stabilization||With included lens|
|Highest Resolution||5184 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080/30p|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||17.11|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This Canon EOS Rebel T6 Premium Kit includes the Rebel T6 DSLR camera body, the EF-S 18-55 IS II standard zoom lens, the EF 75-300mm III telephoto zoom lens, and the Canon 100ES shoulder bag. The camera body has a standard Canon EF mount, and is compatible with Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
Viewfinder: The Canon EOS Rebel T6 uses an eye-level pentamirror viewfinder with 0.8x magnification (w/50mm lens) for approximately 95% vertical and horizontal coverage. It has a -2.5 to +0.5 diopter adjustment so you can focus the viewfinder to suit your eyesight (with or without eyeglasses). When using the self-timer or remote control, when your eye does not cover the viewfinder eyepiece, stray light may enter the eyepiece and affect the exposure when the image is captured. To prevent this, you can use the supplied eyepiece cover, attached to the neck strap, to cover the eyepiece.
3" LCD Monitor: The EOS Rebel T6 features a 3" LCD monitor with a 4:3 aspect ratio and approximately 920,000 dots for Live View composition and viewing recorded images. The LCD monitor offers a 170° wide viewing angle and 7 brightness levels to choose from.
Live View: The Live View Function enables viewing your subjects directly on the camera's 3" LCD monitor. The camera allows you to magnify any part of the scene 5x or 10x for precise manual focusing. You can choose one of two grid overlay options for the LCD screen to help you line up vertical and horizontal lines. The camera can be controlled remotely via a computer through a USB connection, or wirelessly via Wi-Fi.
18.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: Canon's large-area CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers approximately 18.7 million total pixels and 18.0 million effective pixels. This APS-C-sized sensor (22.3mm x 14.9mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective angle of view that is 1.6x the normal EF Lens focal length.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor: The Rebel T6 is equipped with Canon's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor. The DIGIC 4+ works with the CMOS sensor to deliver images with great detail.
Image Recording: The camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. You can choose from the following image sizes: Large, Medium, Small 1, Small 2, and Small 3. For each resolution (except Small 2 and Small 3), you can set the compression to Fine or Normal. For RAW images, you can record only at 5184 x 3456. You can set the camera to RAW + JPEG and record a RAW image and a Large Fine JPEG image simultaneously.
Aspect Ratio: The camera's image sensor has an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can choose to record still images in 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, and 1:1 aspect ratios. This gives you the option of selecting any of the following image sizes:
|Quality||Aspect Ratio and Pixel Count|
|Large||5184 x 3456 |
|4608 x 3456 |
|5184 x 2912 |
|3456 x 3456 |
|Medium||3456 x 2304 |
|3072 x 2304 |
|3456 x 1944 |
|2304 x 2304 |
|Small 1||2592 x 1728 |
|2304 x 1728 |
|2592 x 1456 |
|1728 x 1728 |
|Small 2||1920 x 1280 |
|1696 x 1280 |
|1920 x 1080 |
|1280 x 1280 |
|Small 3||720 x 480 |
|640 x 480 |
|720 x 400 |
|480 x 480 |
RAW File Format: The RAW file format records the image data as captured by the camera's CMOS sensor without further processing and converts it to digital data and records it onto the card as is. RAW images can be adjusted, then developed and produced into JPEG or TIFF images using the provided software. The RAW images have a resolution of 5184 x 3456 (17.9 MP).
Recording Media: The EOS Rebel T6 records images on an SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) memory cards can be used, but the camera is not compatible with the UHS-I standard. Read/write speeds will be equivalent to SD Speed Class 10 at most. The Rebel T6 is also compatible with some brands of Eye-Fi cards that feature wireless transfer of images, although their performance is not guaranteed.
Shooting Modes: The EOS Rebel T6 offers 14 different shooting modes arranged on the Mode Dial in the three zones: Creative, Basic, and Movies.
- Program AE: This is a general-purpose shooting mode, the camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-priority AE: In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject.
- Aperture-priority AE: In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness.
- Manual Exposure: You set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Basic Zone:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: The camera analyzes the scene, and automatically selects the settings.
- Flash Off: Disables the flash.
- Creative Auto: In this auto mode, you can still set the brightness, flash mode, sharpness, image recording quality, and picture style settings.
- Portrait: Blurs the background to make the human subject stand out.
- Landscape: For wide scenic views, night scenes, etc.
- Close-up: To take close-up shots of flowers, insects, etc.
- Sports: For fast-moving subjects when you want to freeze the action.
- Food: When photographing food, the images will look bright and vivid. You can change the color tone to warm or cool if needed.
- Night Portrait: For images of people at twilight or at night.
- Movies: You can record movies in High
Definition or Standard Definition at different frame rates. Movies are recorded
in MOV format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression, and Linear PCM audio. A
large-capacity SD card with a speed rating of Class 6 or higher is recommended. You can select from the
following recording sizes and frame rates:
- 1920 x 1080: Full HD recording quality with a 16:9 aspect ratio; Available frame rates: 30 fps, 25fps (PAL), 24 fps. Bit Rate: approx. 46 Mbps.
- 1280 x 720: HD recording quality with a 16:9 aspect ratio; Frame rate: 60 fps, 50 fps (PAL). Bit Rate: approx. 46 Mbps.
- 640 x 480: Standard definition recording quality with a 4:3 aspect ratio; Frame rate: 30 fps, 25 fps (PAL). Bit Rate: approx. 11 Mbps.
Video Snapshots: A video snapshot is a short movie clip lasting 2, 4, or 8 seconds. You can combine a series of video snapshots into an album, and save them as a single movie file. The compiled video is perfect for sharing online or displaying on an HDTV via the HDMI port.
9-Point Auto-Focus System: The EOS Rebel T6 features a 9-point auto-focus that uses cross-type points for improved tracking of moving subjects.
AF Modes: The camera employs one of 3 AF systems to let you seize every photo opportunity with fast, accurate focus:
- One-Shot AF: suited for still subjects, the camera focuses only once.
- AI Servo AF: for moving subjects when the focusing distance keeps changing. The subject will be focused continuously while the shutter button is pressed halfway.
- AI Focus AF: switches from One-Shot AF to AI Servo AF automatically if the subject starts moving.
Manual Focusing: If you choose to focus manually, you will need to set the focus mode switch on the lens from AF to MF, and turn the lens focusing ring until the subject looks sharp in the viewfinder. You can magnify the image 5x or 10x for better visibility when focusing.
ISO Speed: The Image Sensor's sensitivity to light, or the ISO Speed, can be set to suit the ambient light level. In Basic Zone modes, the ISO speed is set automatically. In other modes, you can set the ISO automatically or manually from 100 to 6400, with expansion to 12800. You can also set maximum ISO speeds of 400, 800, 1600, 3200, or 6400 for ISO Auto.
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto (Ambience priority), Auto (White priority), Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White fluorescent light, Flash), and Custom. In addition, the White Balance Correction and White Balance Bracketing features let you make adjustments to the color tone.
Color Space: The color space refers to the range of reproducible colors. With this camera, you can set the color space for captured images to sRGB or Adobe RGB. For normal images, sRGB is recommended. In the Basic Zone modes, sRGB will be set automatically.
Shoot by Ambience: Except in the Scene Intelligent Auto and Flash Off Basic Zone modes, you can select the ambience for shooting. You can choose from Vivid, Soft, Warm, Intense, and Cool, each at Low, Standard, or Strong effects. You can also choose Brighter or Darker, with Low, Medium, and High settings, and a Monochrome setting, with Blue, B/W, or Sepia effects.
Picture Style: By selecting a picture style you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. Picture Style setting is not available in Basic Zone modes, except Creative Auto. Picture Style selections include:
- Auto: the color tone is adjusted to suit the scene
- Standard: image looks vivid, sharp, and crisp
- Portrait: for nice skin tones, the image looks slightly sharp and crisp, color tone can be adjusted to change skin tone
- Landscape: vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp image
- Neutral: natural colors and subdued images, no sharpness applied. (recommended for users who prefer to process images on their PC)
- Faithful: when the subject is photographed under a color temperature of 5200 K, the color is adjusted to match the subject's color, no sharpness applied (recommended for users who prefer to process images on their PC)
- Monochrome: for black and white images
- User Defined 1-3: you can register your own Picture Style settings for Portrait and Landscape modes.
Creative Filters: The EOS Rebel T6 now lets you apply a filter effect while shooting. While looking at the Live View screen, you can see how the filter effects the photo. You can save the photos with and without the Creative filter applied. The types of filters include: Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Fish-eye Effect, Toy camera effect, and Miniature effect. You can also apply Creative Filters to your stored images, and save them as new images.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure compensation is used to alter the camera's standard exposure setting. You can make the image look lighter (increased exposure) or darker (decreased exposure). The exposure compensation amount can be set up to +/-5 stops in 1/3-stop increments, although the indicator in the viewfinder can only display the setting up to +/-2 stops.
Auto Exposure Bracketing: With auto exposure bracketing (AEB), the camera automatically changes the exposure level up to +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments for three successive shots. When in Single Shooting mode, the camera will change the exposure level on three single shots (requiring three presses of the shutter release). In Continuous Shooting mode, or when shooting with the self-timer or optional remote controller, you can take three shots with one press of the shutter release, and the exposure levels will change with each shot taken.
AE Lock: AE lock enables you to lock the exposure at a different place from the point of focus. After locking the exposure, you can recompose the shot while maintaining the desired exposure level. This feature is useful for backlit and spotlighted subjects.
Bulb Exposures: When Bulb is set, the shutter is open during the time you keep pressing the shutter button fully. Bulb is useful when a long exposure is necessary for capturing night scenes, fireworks, the night sky, etc. The optional RS-60E3 remote switch is also recommended for bulb exposures. It connects to the camera's 2.5mm sub-mini remote jack.
Flash: The camera's built-in retractable, auto pop-up flash with E-TTL II autoflash metering. It has the coverage of a 17mm lens angle of view. The flash takes approximately 2 seconds to recharge for the next flash. The viewfinder has an icon to let you know the flash is ready. You can set the exposure compensation for the flash to +/- 2 stops in 1/3-stop increments. The flash range varies with the ISO speed. Other flash functions include:
- AF-Assist: Under low-light conditions, the built-in flash fires a brief burst of flashes when you press the shutter button halfway. This is to illuminate the subject to enable easier auto-focusing. It is effective up to approximately 13.1 feet away.
- FE Lock: FE (flash exposure) lock obtains and locks the correct flash exposure reading for any part of a subject.
- Red-Eye Reduction: Using the camera's Red-Eye reduction lamp before taking a flash picture will reduce the common phenomenon of red-eye effect.
External Flash: In addition to the built-in flash, the EOS Rebel T6 has a hot shoe for adding optional external flash units. The camera is compatible with Canon's entire line of EX-series Speedlites, plus Macro Lites for close-ups. Canon EX-series Speedlites offer professional-quality illumination for virtually any subject. The built-in flash can work as a Master unit with Canon Speedlites with the wireless slave feature and trigger the Speedlite(s) to fire.
Optional GPS Receiver: With the optional GP-E2 GPS Receiver, location information, such as longitude, latitude, elevation, direction, and time data, can be attached to your photos.
Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode utilizes 63 zones within the frame, and is suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions. After detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc; uses approximately 10% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
Continuous Shooting Mode: In Continuous Shooting mode, you can shoot up to about 3 frames per second. The maximum number of shots in a single burst will vary with the image quality setting:
|Image Quality Setting||Maximum Burst |
(8 GB SDHC Card)
|RAW + JPEG (Large/Fine)||5|
Self-Timer: The camera will record an image following a preset time delay after pressing the shutter release. The self-timer lamp and beeper will indicate a countdown before the picture is taken. You can choose from the following self-timer modes:
- 10 Second: The camera takes a single image 10 seconds after pressing the shutter release button. You can also use an optional remote control in this mode.
- 2 Second: The camera takes a single image 2 seconds after pressing the shutter release.
- 10 Second Continuous Shots: The camera begins taking a series of images (2-10) 10 seconds after the shutter release button is pressed.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can set the time each image is displayed on the LCD monitor to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds. You can also select which images to display: all images, images by date, images by folder, movies only, stills only, or by rating.
Index Display: This feature allows you to view four (2 x 2) or nine (3 x 3) images at once on the LCD monitor so that you can search for an image quickly.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image from 1.5x to 10x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
PictBridge Printing: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
DPOF Print Settings: On the memory card, you can select which image or images you want to print and how many copies you want. This is convenient for printing images all at once, on optional Canon direct print function compliant printers, on PictBridge compliant printers, or at participating photo labs.
HDMI Outputs: The camera is equipped with a mini-HDMI jack (Type C) which allows you to connect the camera to an HDTV.
Digital Terminal: The Digital terminal (Mini-B USB) allows you to connect the camera to your computer or printer via the supplied USB cable for downloading the recorded images and movies, or for printing photos.
Remote: A 2.5mm sub-minijack is provided for use with the optional RS-60E3 Remote Switch. The wired remote switch has a 2' cord, and is recommended for long exposures and bulb shooting.
Battery: The EOS Rebel T6 operates on the supplied LP-E10 Lithium-Ion battery (7.4V, 860 mAh, 6.36Wh). Battery performance decreases when used in temperatures below 32° F. The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E10 battery charger in approximately 2 hours. Typical battery life for the LP-E10 battery is as follows:
|Shooting Method||Temperature||Shooting Conditions|
|No Flash||50% Flash|
|Viewfinder||At 73° F||600 shots||500 shots|
|At 32° F||580 shots||410 shots|
|Live View||At 73° F||190 shots||180 shots|
|At 32° F||180 shots||170 shots|
|Movie Shooting||At 73° F||1 hr 15 min||N/A|
|At 32° F||1 hr 10 min||N/A|
Auto Power Off: To save battery power, the camera turns off automatically after a period of non-operation. The Auto Power Off time can be set to 30 seconds or 1, 2, 4, 8, or 15 minutes, or disabled.
Note: The Auto Power Off function will not activate in Auto Playback Mode.
Optional AC Power: With the optional ACK-E10 AC adapter kit, you can connect the camera to a household power outlet and not worry about the battery becoming exhausted.
Wireless Functions: The EOS Rebel T6's wireless LAN functions let you perform a range of tasks wirelessly:
- Connect to a Smartphone: Connecting to a smartphone lets you view images stored in the camera. You can also operate the camera remotely from a smartphone or camera. The Camera Connect app, available from the App Store or Google Play, must be downloaded to the phone.
- Transfer Images Between Cameras: You can transfer still images and movies shot with this camera to other Canon cameras with built-in Wi-Fi functions. The camera can be connected to only one camera at a time.
- Print Images to a Wi-Fi Printer: You can directly print images by connecting the camera with a wireless LAN-compatible printer supporting PictBridge (Wireless LAN). Up to 3 printers can be registered to the camera.
- Save Images to Connect Station: The optional CS100 Connect Station is a device that allows you to import captured still photos and movies for viewing your TV, tablet, or smartphone, or sharing them over a network. You can easily save still photos and movies to Connect Station by holding the camera close to the Connect Station.
- Send Images to a Web Service: You can share images with family and friends or share images using a range of Web services via the Canon iMAGE Gateway, a free online photo service for Canon users.
Compatibility: The Canon Camera Connect app, required for connecting the camera to a smartphone, is compatible with iOS version 7.0 or later and Android devices version 4.0 or later.
NFC Function: The Rebel T6 supports NFC (Near-Field Communication) which enables you to connect the camera to a smartphone or Connect Station by touching them together. While playing back images, you can send images to the smartphone by touching an NFC-enabled smartphone to the camera. NFC-enabled smartphones operate on the Android platform running OS version 4.0 or later, and are labeled with the NFC "N-mark." The camera's "N-mark" is located on the bottom of the camera body.
Lens: This EOS Rebel T6 Premium Kit comes with two lenses: the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II standard telephoto lens, and the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto lens. The 75-300mm EF lens is a full frame lens, and when mounted on the camera with an APS-C sensor, the effective focal length will be 120mm-480mm.
Image Stabilizer (IS): The 18-55mm IS II lens has a lens shift type Image Stabilizer. With the Image Stabilizer turned on, you can obtain sharp, natural-looking pictures in dim lighting without using flash or a tripod. The Image Stabilizer is turned on/off through a switch on the barrel of the lens.
Note: The camera does NOT have the Image Stabilizer feature when the included EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens, or another non-IS lens is mounted.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: To shoot in auto-focus mode, you must set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF." To manually focus the camera, you must set the switch on the camera barrel to "MF," and focus by turning the focusing ring.
Optional Accessories: Both lenses have a filter diameter of 58mm for adding optional screw-on filters. Other accessories for the lenses include the following:
- 18-55mm: EW-60C hood, LP814 lens case
- 75-300mm: ET-60 hood, LP1019 lens case
|EF-S 18-55mm||EF 75-300mm|
|Focal Length||18-55mm||75-300mm |
|Construction||11 elements in 9 groups||13 elements in 9 elements|
|Angle of View|| || |
|Maximum Magnification||0.34x (at 55mm)||0.07x (at 75mm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||9.8"||4.92'|
|Filter Diameter||58 mm||58mm|
|Dimensions|| || |
Software: The EOS Rebel T6 does not come with bundled software in the box. The following software applications are available for download from the Canon website for use with the camera:
- Digital Photo Professional (Windows/Mac): primarily for RAW image viewing, editing, processing, and printing (you can also edit JPEG images while retaining the original images)
- EOS Utility (Windows/Mac): allows you to download images from your camera's memory card onto your computer's hard drive, set various camera settings, and shoot remotely with the computer connected to the camera
- Picture Style Editor (Windows/Mac): allows you to edit Picture Styles to your unique image characteristics and save them as original Picture Style files
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
WiFi compatible, multiple lens, great price [ Michael Jun 01, 2018 ]
Price [ Michael Mar 05, 2018 ]
I've been looking at this camera for a long time because I take pics with my phone and I just wanted a real camera. I've talked with my daughter and she basically told me how great the DSLR camera is and that this Canon EOS T6 comes highly recommended based on her research. I can't wait to use it. [ Ingrid Jan 27, 2018 ]
Good reviews and my 17 yr old asked for this camera for Christmas. [ Theresa Nov 27, 2017 ]
a gift for my husband the other was a free gift [ Todd Nov 25, 2017 ]
Great Price for a DSLR with two lens. I had a old Canon SLR for about 20 years and it worked great. Canon makes a great easy to use product. [ Eileen Nov 15, 2017 ]
Great deal on an excellent camera [ Matthew J. Nov 25, 2016 ]
Bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She has been using a T5i Canon for your yearbook class. She loves the intuitive settings, speed, and flexibility of the Canons. This was a logical choice as she continues her new found love of photography. [ Timothy Nov 24, 2016 ]
Gift for my wife for Christmas. This will allow her to take her photography to another level. Quality beginner package in my opinion. [ ANDREW Nov 19, 2016 ]
Tech support help sort through to find the camera that fit our needs. 2 lenses, Wifi capable, and a great price point. [ Robert May 21, 2016 ]
Frequently Compared With
Canon EOS Rebel T6 Two Zoom Lens Kit
18-megapixel DSLR camera with Wi-Fi® and 18-55mm and 75-300mm zoom lenses
Nikon D5600 Two Lens Kit
24.2-megapixel digital SLR camera with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and 18-55mm and 70-300mm zoom lenses
Sony a77 II Kit
24-megapixel digital SLR with Wi-Fi® and 16-50mm lens$1,799.99
Nikon D750 Kit
24-megapixel DSLR camera with Wi-Fi® and 24-120mm zoom lens