Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 STM
Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras
Item # 280M1122 | MFR # 7568B002
Instant Savings: -$50.00
$349.00 Earn up to 349 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 STM by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
See more of your surroundings
From panoramic landscapes, to group photos, to intimate portraits and detail shots, you'll have a broad range of options with this capable wide-angle zoom attached to your Canon M series camera. Its short minimum focus distance of 5.9" makes it as great for close-up work as it is for capturing sprawling vistas. The lens's stepping motor makes autofocusing smooth, fast and quiet — perfect for moviemaking — and full-time manual focus lets you make fine adjustments after autofocusing. Canon's Image Stabilization system ensures sharp handheld shots in nearly any light, and you can use Dynamic IS in movie mode to provide shake correction if you shoot while walking.
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 STM lens
- designed for use with Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 18-35mm
- compact, lightweight design
- lens retraction mechanism shortens length of lens
- Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the effect of camera shake for longer exposure times (up to three equivalent stops)
- stepping motor (STM) and rear focus system provide smooth and quiet continuous autofocus for video recording and shooting photos
- Dynamic IS (Movie Shooting Mode only) delivers wide image stabilization correction range so you can shoot while walking
- 2 aspherical and one UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range
- available full-time manual focusing (automatically overrides autofocus)
- constructed of 12 elements in 9 groups
- minimum focus distance: 5.9"
- 7-blade circular aperture for smooth background defocusing
- filter diameter: 55mm
- lens is 2-7/16" in diameter, 2-5/8" long
- weight: 7.8 oz.
- front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EF-M 11-22mm F4-5.6 IS STM (black)
- E-55 Front lens cap (installed)
- EB Rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty Registration card
- Note on EOS M camera firmware
Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 STM Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5-6 IS STM lens is an EF-M series, wide-angle zoom lens for Canon EOS M cameras, such as the EOS M3. It has the EF-M mount, which is compatible only with EOS M cameras.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens is equipped with a stepping motor (STM), which provides smooth and quiet continuous auto focus during video shooting.
Image Stabilization (IS): The built-in Image Stabilization system helps to prevent blurred images from camera shake when capturing still or motion photography handheld. The optical image stabilizer technology provides an equivalent shutter speed 3 stops faster. The Dynamic IS (movie shooting mode) corrects a wide range of camera shake, allowing you to shoot smooth videos, even while walking. There is no IS switch on the lens, so you must turn on the Image Stabilization system in the camera's menu.
Aperture: The EF-M 11-22mm has a 7-blade circular aperture, which delivers soft-focus backgrounds.
Retractable Lens: The lens has a retraction mechanism which shorten the length of the lens when it's not in use.
Focusing Ring: Whether you're in auto focus or manual focus mode on the camera, the full-time manual focusing feature allows you to focus on the subject using the focus ring on the lens. There is no focus mode switch on the lens.
Optional Lens Hood/Case: The optional ET-60E lens hood can be added to keep unwanted light out of the lens, while protecting the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The optional LP814 lens case will protect the lens when not in use.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 11-22mm f/4-5.6 (35mm equivalent: 18-35mm)
- Lens Construction: 9 groups, 12 elements (including two aspheric lens elements and one UD lens element)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-32
- Maximum Magnification: 0.3x (at 22mm)
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Field of View: approx. 4.06" x 6.10" to 1.97" x 2.91" (at 0.49')
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 102°10' to 63°30'
- Vertical: 68°55' to 37°50'
- Horizontal: 91°50' to 54°30'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 5.88" (0.49')
- Diameter: 2.397"
- Length: 2.613" (3.086" with caps)
- Weight: 7.8 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
In stock, free shipment, quick delivery [ William Jun 03, 2017 ]
Other suppliers are out of stock, and I need this to work with before I go on a long trip. Crutchfield keeps in stock on these items, although there is a "low stock" warning. I hope they really are going to ship in one day. Thanks. [ Don Apr 06, 2017 ]
reviews says it's a good lens [ spencer Dec 15, 2016 ]