Harman Kardon Allure
Powered Bluetooth®/Wi-Fi® speaker with Alexa voice control
Item # 532ALLURE | MFR # HKALLUREBLKAM
$249.99 each Earn up to 250 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Harman Kardon Allure by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Music that's yours for the asking
The Allure features 360° reactive lighting.
The sleek Harman Kardon Allure comes with Amazon Alexa built in. So, filling a room with great sound can be as easy as saying “Alexa, play classic rock.” Plus, you can enjoy all the other features Alexa offers, such as weather and news updates, sports scores, recorded reminders and more. You can also stream wirelessly from your smartphone via Bluetooth for even more music options.
Simple, app-based setup
Set up your preferences for the Allure through the free HK Alexa app, available for both iPhone® and Android™ smartphones. Then you can use the Amazon Alexa app — and voice commands — to operate the speaker. You can also use Alexa voice commands to add items to your shopping list, get news and sports updates, and more. (To use Alexa, you'll need to be connected to your Wi-Fi network.)
Voice commands get the music flowing
The Allure has a 4-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the music's loud. And you can turn the mic off for privacy. Through Alexa, the Allure can play music from Spotify®, Pandora®, Amazon Music and more (subscriptions may be required). Plus you can enjoy your favorite online and broadcast radio stations through iHeartRadio and TuneIn.
High-quality sound …
The Allure features a four-speaker array — three 1-1/2” midrange/tweeters and one high-excursion 3-1/2” woofer. The speakers deliver spacious, balanced 360° sound you can enjoy from anywhere in the room.
The speaker uses Bluetooth 4.2. This lets you stream near-CD-quality audio from compatible smartphones and tablets. And you can stream music from any Bluetooth-enabled device to the speaker — it's backward compatible with less-advanced versions of Bluetooth.
… and light show
The Allure has a light array that can liven up your décor. Have it set at a constant intensity, or let the lights respond to your music. The Allure's transparent dome diffuses the lights, giving them a soft, warm glow.
- three 1-1/2" transducers and one 3-1/2" woofer
- maximum power: 60 watts
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for streaming near-CD-quality music from your smartphone or tablet
- built-in voice control via Microsoft Cortana (compatible with Amazon Alexa)
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
- 360° 4-mic array with Sonique™ far-field voice recognition
- 360° multi-colored lighting
- HK Alexa setup app
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- built-in Amazon Alexa voice control
- control music selections
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- access Spotify® (Premium account required), Pandora®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, TuneIn
- control compatible smart home devices from Nest, Wemo and others
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
- AC adapter
- 10-7/8"H x 8-1/2" diameter
- weight: 6.94 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Voice-activated wireless speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 41" DC cord)
- 4' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
Voice-Activated Speaker: The Allure is an intelligent home speaker from Harman/Kardon, powered by Alexa. Allure combines H/K premium audio with Amazon's Alexa personal digital assistant to help you make the most of the moments that matter. Now you can enhance every moment at home with captivating sound, voice control of your music and smart home products, plus get answers to questions, and more.
360-Degree Sound & Lighting: Three 1.5" omni-directional transducers and one 3.5" down-firing woofer powered by a built-in 60 watt amplifier produce a 360-degree soundstage with rich and powerful H/K sound that fills up every corner of your room. The built-in, 360-degree multi-colored and responsive lighting animates the speaker's semi-transparent body to provide a stunning design element to your home's decor.
Note: The H/K Allure does not support multi-room audio.
Dual-Band WiFi: The Harman/Kardon Allure speaker will require a wireless network and internet connection in order to use Alexa voice commands. The Harman/Kardon Allure comes ready to connect to your home's wireless network router with built-in, dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) for a fast, reliable wireless connection. It does not offer a wired Ethernet network connection.
Powered By Amazon Alexa Voice Service: Harman Kardon Allure is a voice-activated speaker powered by Amazon Alexa Voice Service in a beautifully crafted design. Thanks to the built-in 4-microphone array, advanced noise cancellation technology, and far-field voice recognition, Alexa can hear you from across the room. When you want to use the Allure, simply say the wake word, "Alexa," and the speaker lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly. Once you say "Alexa", the audio stream includes a fraction of a second of audio before the wake word, and closes once your question or request has been processed. Just ask and Alexa can answer questions, play music, control your smart home, and more. Alexa (the brain behind the Allure) is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more you use the H/K Allure, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
- Online Music & Radio: The Allure w/ Alexa provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Prime Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, & Spotify Connect (premium account required). You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through your Alexa device. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you.
- Entertainment & Smart Home Control: Amazon Alexa now offers home entertainment skills for select multiroom audio systems - including Sonos, Heos by Denon, & Yamaha MusicCast (all sold separately). You'll be able to control key functions of these systems by simply using voice commands. The H/K Allure works with devices such as lights, outlets, thermostats, door locks, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobbe, Wink, and more. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Some products work directly with Alexa and other smart home ecosystems require a compatible hub.
- IFTTT: The Allure with Alexa supports IFTTT, or "IF This, Then That," a third-party service that automates how your devices, apps, and websites work with each other through rules (or "Applets"). After you activate an Applet through the IFTTT website, Alexa can then trigger that IFTTT Applet when you interact with the Allure.
- News & Information: The H/K Allure with Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times. Flash Briefing lets you put together a personalized lineup of updates from news sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, and CNET. Alexa can also help you get ready for your day. Set your commute start and stop point, and Alexa can tell you how long your commute will take. Or ask Alexa how the weather's looking. You can even get scores and schedules for the major football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer leagues or set up a personalized Sports Update to keep tabs on your favorite teams. Alexa can also tell you movie show-times at theaters near you.
- Amazon Prime Shopping: If you're a Prime member, Alexa has exclusive deals for you every day on everything from home goods to electronics. Amazon Prime members can ask Alexa to order eligible products ordered before, many Prime products, and digital music tracks and albums. Your default payment and shipping settings will be used to place your order. You can require a speakable confirmation code, turn purchasing off, and see product and order details in your Alexa App. Just like orders placed through Amazon.com, orders placed through Alexa are subject to Amazon's Conditions of Use & Privacy Notice.
- Questions & Answers + Fun & Games: The Allure with Alexa taps into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. It also makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia. Alexa also offers funny jokes and fun games for the family.
Notes: The built-in microphone can be muted. The Harman/Kardon Allure does not support phone calls or text messaging using Alexa.
Skills: Skills are voice-driven capabilities that enhance the functionality of the Harman/Kardon Allure with Alexa. The Allure uses thousands of skills and counting; new skills are being added all the time. You can search for and enable skills in the Alexa app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ / Android OS 5.0+) or from the Alexa Skills store on the website. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. To use an Alexa skill, first enable the skill, and then make your request based on the example phrases shown in the app. If you know the exact name of the skill you want, you can say, "Enable [skill name] skill." Some skills may require you to link to an existing account and a separate subscription in order to use the skill.
Note: At this time, you cannot customize which content is available on specific devices. For example, music, skills, shopping lists are available on all Alexa devices registered to the same account as the content.
App Control: You will need to download the free H/K Alexa Setup app (for Apple iOS 9.3+ or Android OS 5.0+), to initially configure and install the Allure. With the free Alexa App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+), your interactions with Alexa are mirrored visually on your compatible mobile device through the app, providing more information as you want it. The Amazon Alexa App lets you easily manage your alarms & timers, music content, smart home devices, shopping lists, and more from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Harman/Kardon Allure is also a Bluetooth 4.2 (A2DP) speaker that allows you to wirelessly stream your music library, music apps, podcasts, audiobooks and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or laptop) to the speaker. Search functions and playback control must be done from your Bluetooth source device. You can pair multiple devices to the Allure, but only one can be connected and used at a time.
Notes: You cannot control Bluetooth audio playback functions via Alexa voice-commands. The H/K Allure does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for phone calls.
AC Power Adapter: The Harman/Kardon Allure includes an AC power adapter and cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The H/K Allure is not battery powered.
Firmware Updates: The Harman/Kardon Allure will be automatically updated over the network/internet if any new software is available. You can check the H/K Alexa setup app for more information, since the app will show a notification when new software is installed.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.