7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Apple® AirPlay®, and Dolby Atmos®
Our take on the Onkyo TX-RZ610 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Take it from us, this receiver rocks
The Onkyo TX-RZ610 works with the latest 4K TVs and Blu-ray players, delivering multidimensional sound to match the stunning Ultra HD picture quality. We set one up for a Dolby Atmos demo, and there's only one word to describe the sound: big. This receiver filled our spacious training room with powerful, chest-thumping sound. So it's safe to say it'll blow the roof off your home theater — in a good way. The setup was a breeze. Once we ran the AccuEQ speaker calibration (a quick, easy process using the included microphone), all the surround effects sounded perfectly dialed in. Dolby Atmos added an extra layer of realism to our movie demo, giving a feeling of full-on immersion.
Easy wireless music streaming
Built-in Wi-Fi lets you access the music you have stored on your networked computer so you can easily play tracks from your personal library through the 'RZ610. You can also take advantage of free internet radio and subscription-based music services like Spotify® and Pandora®. Use the Onkyo Remote app to control streaming from your phone or tablet. Bluetooth lets you stream music from a compatible device directly to the receiver, and Apple AirPlay lets you stream music from a compatible Apple device or from any computer with iTunes®.
Geared toward great sound
Outstanding audio performance is an integral part of the 'RZ610's design. A premium 32-bit/384kHz digital-to-analog converter gives you crystal-clear reproduction of music, TV, and movie soundtracks. Dynamic Audio Amplification delivers massive power with low distortion for thrilling movie sound effects. Phase-matching Bass Enhancement lets you enjoy deep, satisfying low frequency effects while vocals and dialogue remain clear. This receiver also decodes high-resolution audio formats. And Onkyo's Music Optimizer improves the sound from compressed audio files and Bluetooth streams, so you get clear, detailed sound no matter how you listen.
Music in two rooms
The 'RZ610 has outputs for nine speakers, allowing for flexible speaker configurations (receiver can power a maximum of seven channels at once). If you're happy with 5.2-channel surround sound in your living room, you can use the receiver's powered Zone 2 outputs to connect a pair of speakers for stereo sound in another room. Relax to your favorite tunes on the patio while the rest of the family takes in a movie with surround sound in the living room. You can also connect a stereo receiver or amplifier through line-level Zone 2 connections and use the 'RZ610 as a preamp, for full 7.2-channel surround sound in your home theater plus stereo sound in a second room.
A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source in your main zone and a second room. Start a movie in your living room and finish it in your bedroom or kitchen. Or watch the same content on a TV and projector in the same room. Use the Onkyo Remote app to control playback in different zones from anywhere in the house.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at .08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage (available via summer 2016 firmware update)
- automatically upscales 1080p video signals to 4K resolution when connected to a compatible 4K TV
- AccuEQ automatic speaker calibration optimizes your system's sound for your room (microphone included)
- new AccuReflex technology aligns phase of upfiring "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, Spotify, and TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- TIDAL and Google Cast (now called Chromecast built-in) functionality available via future firmware update
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or computer running iTunes®
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer
- PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD files up to 5.6 MHz
- dual-zone/dual-source output
- powered stereo audio outputs for 2nd room
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2 home theater in main room
- line-level 2nd-room output for use with a separate amplifier or powered speakers
Audio Performance Features:
- high-current amplifier design with large power transformer
- 32-bit/384kHz digital-to-analog converter for clear sound from digital sources
- Music Optimizer function enhances the sound quality of compressed music files and Bluetooth streams
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning height channels
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in, 2 out (includes front-panel input)
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (HDMI inputs 1-3, and monitor outputs only)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- 2 component video inputs
- 2 composite video inputs
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 6 analog stereo audio inputs
- phono input for direct connection of a turntable
- rear-panel USB port for audio playback from USB storage devices
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 9 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Zone 2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of seven channels at once
- RS 232, IR, and 12-volt trigger connections for use with external controllers
- free Onkyo Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible TV's tuner via HDMI
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost optimizes low frequencies to preserve clarity with vocals and movie dialogue
- 40 AM/FM presets
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/16"W x 7"H x 15-3/4"D
- weight: 22 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-911R)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Setup microphone
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Basic Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Internet Radio Support" sheet
- "Google Cast Support" sheet
- "Onkyo Music/Dolby Atmos" brochure
- Warranty/Product Registration Card
- "RZ Series" customer support card
This unit is great except I'm having issues with the Bluetooth feature. Every time I use Bluetooth feature and disconnect, the unit disconnects from WiFi and i have to reset the unit to get connection back. Not a deal breaker but inconvenient. Everything else is awsome about this unit.
Darren, Auburn, CA
Onkyo TX-RZ610 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
RZ Series: Onkyo's premium RZ series AV receivers feature upgraded components, such as a massive transformer and custom capacitors that provide high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response and a frequency range that extends down to 5 Hz. Discrete amp circuits prevent phase shifting, clearly focusing the audio image and cutting distortion even at extreme volume levels. The RZ series amplifier delivers a significant boost to the dynamics, detail, and accuracy of music and movie soundtracks for a listening experience that packs a stunning emotional impact. The RZ series are backed by a 3 year parts & labor warranty.
Dynamic Audio Amplification: The TX-RZ610 AV receiver features Onkyo's Dynamic Audio Amplification with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 100 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20Hz-20kHz, with 0.08%, driving 2 channels). Onkyo's new Dynamic Audio Amplification technology incorporates a Hi-Current amplifier design w/ discrete output stage circuitry, WRAT (Wide Range Amp Technology), H.C.P.S (High Current Power Supply), separate block construction, and Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry for dynamic, detailed, and clear sound.
- Hi-Current Amp Design: The unique elements of Onkyo's Dynamic Audio Amplification system comprise high-current, low-impedance architecture with discrete output stage circuitry & custom 15,000 μF audio capacitors for instantaneous high-current power and precisely control of your loudspeakers for dynamic, accurate sound.
- Wide Range Amp Technology (WRAT): Onkyo's Wide Range Amp Technology (WRAT) circuit layout prevents phase shifting by pushing the roll-off point higher than the listening-level frequency. Amplifying sound without phase shift creates an uncommonly well-focused and realistic audio image.
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply): Under the anti-resonant cover of any Onkyo receiver, you'll instantly notice the High Current Power Supply (H.C.P.S.) transformer. With its huge, isolated power supply design and high-capacity filter capacitors, it delivers the large amounts of power necessary for reproducing the wide dynamics of movie soundtracks and the detail and clarity of your music.
- High-Quality Construction: The AV receiver employs a separate analog amp and digital processing block construction to reduce interference. Copper bus bars and rigid insulators are used to further reduce signal interference.
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry: Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry adjusts the gain so that less than half the amount of attenuation is needed, ensuring the signal never comes close to the noise floor. This protects the signal against noise, resulting in a dramatically clearer sound.
Amplifier Assignment: The 7-channel amplifier can be configured in a variety of ways to match your type of speaker setup.
- Surround Back (7.1ch): The Onkyo TX-RZ610 provides 7.1ch surround in your main listening area with dedicated Surround Back speakers.
- Front Bi-Amp (5.1ch): The Surround-Back/Height speaker terminals can be reassigned and used along with the Front terminals to bi-amp the front speakers, providing improved bass & treble performance. When bi-amping the front speakers the receiver is limited to a 5.1ch speaker system in the main room (no Surround Back or Front Height speakers)
- Powered Zone 2 (7.1ch + Zone 2): In this configuration, you can connect Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, and Zone 2 speakers to the AV receiver. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back (or front height) channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive only five channels of power.
- Dolby Atmos (5.1.2ch): The Surround-Back/Front-High speaker terminals are assigned to power a pair of Front-Height, Rear-Height, Overhead Ceiling, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers to create 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos surround sound. Zone 2 speaker can still be powered by the receiver in the configuration. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone for Dolby Atmos. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the Dolby Atmos channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive only five channels of power without Dolby Atmos.
Dual 32-Bit DSP Engines: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver employs powerful and highly accurate 32-bit DSP (Digital Signal Processor) engines for better surround sound reproduction.
384kHz/32-Bit Hi-Grade DAC: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 utilizes one premium-quality AK4458 digital-to-analog converter from Asahi Kasei for all channels. This 384kHz/32-bit DAC implements unique low-distortion filtering technologies for clear sound, and unlocks the full potential of any audio format, including compressed, lossless, and hi-res audio (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM, and Dolby TrueHD). The TX-RZ610 offers additional DAC signal processing to make sure your movie & music soundtracks sound their best.
- Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (Front Channels Only): Onkyo developed Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) to reassemble the signal in its original form following processing. Unlike conventional filters, VLSC removes pulse noise generated in D/A conversion, allowing the sound wave to be reproduced with extremely high fidelity for a smooth analog signal. The signal's data is converted between sampling points and joined with analog vectors in real time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result is a virtually noiseless, smooth, analog signal that brings out even the most subtle of nuances in music sources.
- PLL Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology: PLL (Phase Locked Loop) jitter-cleaning circuit technology reduces jitter by comparing the input and output phases of the digital signal and creating an accurate clock waveform. This enhances the precision of digital signal processing and noticeably improves audio quality. Jitter-cleaning technology works both for digital signals input via HDMI and for digital signals converted from analog signals inside the receiver itself
AccuEQ w/ AccuReflex: AccuEQ conducts two measurements: (1) it measures and sets the distance, sound pressure level and crossover of your speakers and subwoofer to ensure all channels are treated equally (2) it evaluates your room's sonic characteristics and adjusts your speaker's frequency response to prevent standing waves from forming. AccuEQ incorporates AccuReflex technology to align the phase of upfiring "height" speakers with the sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks. You can save up to 3 AccuEQ presets. The included microphone plugs into the front-panel of the receiver.
Note: You can choose bypass the AccuEQ for your front speakers or all speakers, and manually set the distance, crossover, EQ, and level of each speaker.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|DSD||2ch, 2.8 MHz, 1-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X (firmware update), DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos, & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. The TX-RZ610 has the processing power to run a more enveloping 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos layout utilizing ceiling mounted or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 5.1.2ch speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- DTS:X (via future firmware update): DTS:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
Post Decoding Formats: The Onkyo AV receiver supports Dolby Surround, DTS Neural:X, and DTS Neo:6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neural:X (via future firmware update): DTS Neural:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year. DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Neo:6: DTS Neo:6 is an advanced matrix decoder that takes any two-channel source (including television broadcasts, CDs and DVDs) and expands it into five or six channels. It also provides separate, optimized modes for stereo music materials and matrix surround motion picture soundtracks. DTS Neo:6 brings you a more revealing sound from ordinary stereo and a more expansive home cinema experience.
Onkyo Original DSP Modes: Onkyo's Original DSP Modes, combined with Dolby Digital & DTS processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup. You can choose from the following:
- Orchestra: For classical or operatic music.
- Unplugged: For acoustic instruments, vocals, and jazz.
- Studio-Mix: Suitable for rock or pop.
- TV Logic: Adds realistic acoustics to TV shows.
- Game: The receiver offers four different Gaming modes - RPG, Action, Rock, and Sports.
- All Ch Stereo: Stereo sound from all speakers. Ideal for background music.
- Full Mono: All speakers output the same sound in mono.
- Theater-Dimensional (T-D): Theater-Dimensional circuitry takes the complexity out of conventional surround-sound setups and lets you experience the excitement of surround sound from as few as two ordinary speakers. Theater-Dimensional's unique multi-speaker modes let you place up to five speakers conveniently by the TV, for the most realistic virtual-surround sound possible.
Direct Mode: In Direct mode, audio from the input source is output without surround-sound processing. This mode delivers pure sound with minimum sound quality adjustment and filtration.
Audio Enhancements: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CinemaFilter: The CinemaFilter softens overly bright movie soundtracks. Movie soundtracks are typically mixed for a large theater (relative to your home theater) with lots of soft seats and thick curtains on the walls. Home theater settings often lack these high frequency absorbing wall treatments, making the soundtrack sound too bright. CinemaFilter accounts for this and for many movies sounds more natural at home.
- Music Optimizer: The Music Optimizer function enhances the sound quality of compressed music files. The Music Optimizer function only works with PCM digital audio input signals with a sampling rate below 48kHz, analog input signals, and Bluetooth audio.
- Late Night Feature: The Late Night feature limits the dynamic range of Dolby Digital recordings. Limiting the dynamic range makes it easier to find a volume that ensures the quiet sounds are not too quiet and the loud sounds are not too loud for night time listening. This allows you to comfortably listen to without the need to constantly adjust the volume to keep from waking family/neighbors. The choices are: Off, Low, and High. This feature only works with Dolby Digital Encoded software and the depth of the feature will vary based on the individual software package.
Bass Management: The Onkyo AV receiver offers Tone Control, Phase Matching Bass technology, and a Double Bass feature to get the most bass impact out of your system.
- Tone Controls: You can independently adjust the Bass (90Hz) and Treble (7.5kHz) of the receiver's Front L/R channels from -10 to +10 dB.
- Phase Matching Bass: Onkyo's Phase-Matching Bass optimizes low frequencies while preserving mid-range clarity. This means that powerful bass plays back with clear vocals; it doesn't overpower them.
- Double Bass: You can also activate the Double Bass function in order to boost bass output even more by feeding bass sounds to the front left/right speakers, center-channel, and powered subwoofer.
Volume Setup: The Onkyo AV receiver provides the following volume settings.
- IntelliVolume: With IntelliVolume, you can set the input level for each input (+/-12dB) selector individually. This is useful if one of your source components is louder or quieter than the others. This function does not work in Zone 2.
- Maximum Volume: Use this feature to set the receiver's maximum volume level. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from 50-99 (max), or Off (disabled).
- Power On Volume: Use this feature to set the volume level when the power is turned on. You can choose between Last (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Min (0), or 1-99.
- Mute Level: Set the volume lowered from the listening volume when "Mute" is selected. Choose from 0, -40dB, or -20 dB.
- Headphone Level: With this setting, you can specify the headphone volume (+/-12dB) relative to the main volume. This is useful if there's a volume difference between your speakers and your headphones.
Phono Input: The Onkyo AV receiver is fitted with a Phono (MM) input and ground terminal for connection of a turntable, so you can enjoy listening to your vinyl records.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The TX-RZ610 is fitted with a front-panel 3.5mm Aux input for connecting a portable audio player.
Analog Audio Outputs: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 is outfitted with the following analog audio outputs.
- Binding-Post Speaker Terminals: There are binding-post terminals for all speaker connections - Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back/Height, and Zone 2. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only). Use 6- to 16-ohm speakers.
- Dual Subwoofer Outputs: The receiver is fitted with two subwoofer outputs to connect dual powered subs for extra bass. The dual outputs are wired in parallel and share the same input signal (the are not discrete).
- Headphones: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI 2.0a: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 has eight HDMI 2.0a inputs (7 rear/1 front) and dual HDMI 2.0a outputs. The dual HDMI outputs can simultaneously output the same HDMI audio/video signal to two TVs (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs). Thanks to the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, the receiver can support 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, HDCP 2.2 compatibility, 4:4:4 color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut.
- 4K/60Hz: The TX-RZ610 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and outputs. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: The receivers HDMI 1-3 inputs and both HDMI monitor outputs support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The receiver's HDMI 1-3 inputs and both HDMI monitor outputs support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. HDMI inputs 4-8 only support 4K 60/50Hz @ YCbCr 4:2:0.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
1080p-to-4K HDMI Upscaling: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver can upscale 1080p HDMI video to 4K through its main HDMI monitor output.
Analog Video-to-HDMI Conversion: Analog composite and component video signals (480i only) input to the receiver will be converted to HDMI signals and then output from the receiver via its main HDMI monitor output to your TV. The resolution remains the same and is not upscaled.
Other HDMI Features: The TX-RZ610 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v. Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D-Ready: All HDMI jacks will accept 3D video from your 3D-ready Blu-ray player and output the video signal in 3D to your 3D-ready flat-panel television.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): The receiver's main HDMI output features ARC (Audio Return Channel). This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television. The sub HDMI monitor output does not support this feature.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- Auto Lip-Sync: The Lip-Sync function can automatically synchronize HDMI audio and video (for any HDMI jack) that has gotten out of sync due to the complex digital video processing being performed by your HDMI-compatible TV. With HDMI Lip-Sync, the audio delay required to synchronize the audio and video is calculated and applied automatically by the AV receiver. You can also manually correct the audio delay from 0 (no delay) to 400 milliseconds; in 10 millisecond steps.
HDMI Through: When enabling the HDMI Through function, regardless of whether the AV receiver is "O" or in "Standby", both audio/video streams from an HDMI input will be output to your television, via the receiver HDMI monitor output. You can select between three HDMI Through modes.
- Auto: Detects the signal and automatically selects the input sources.
- Source: Selects the HDMI input source for which the HDMI Through function in enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "standby" mode.
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features two composite video inputs and two component video inputs which support 480i video signals only. All analog video input signals are converted to digital and sent via HDMI to your TV at 480i (no upscaling). The component video input are not capable of high-definition video.
Video Select: It is possible to play audio and video from different sources. For example, you can play audio via Bluetooth and video from your BD/DVD player. This function is only effective when an input with audio only (Network, Bluetooth, or Tuner) has been selected initially.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 AV receiver supports a wired Ethernet (RJ-45) or wireless WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) network connection. Via the AV receiver's network connection, you can enjoy music files stored on your computer and listen to internet radio through a variety of online music services.
- Ethernet (LAN) Jack: The Onkyo AV receiver is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ-45) jack for connecting the player to your home network and computer. Connecting the A/V receiver's Ethernet port to a 100Base-TX switched Ethernet network is recommended for best results. Use a shielded CAT-5 Ethernet cable to connect the receiver to your home network.
- Built-in Wireless LAN: The AV receiver also features built-in WiFi that allows you to wirelessly connect to your home network, so you can enjoy the benefits of a cable-free network environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with a WiFi-enabled access point (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz). Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
DLNA Certified: Because the TX-RZ610 is DLNA (ver.15) certified, you can play back music files stored on your Windows PC (w/ Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA compliant media server through the AV receiver. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control and receiver's on-screen menu; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6/11.2MHz)
- Lossless: ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-96kHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Internet Radio: The Onkyo TX-RZ610lets you access Internet Radio and various online music service providers through its wired or wireless network connection. The TX-RZ610 will display station name and program-related information; such as artist name, song/album title, and elapsed playing time. You can preset up to 40 of your "favorite" Internet radio stations for easy recall.
|TuneIn||With more than 70,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs registered, TuneIn is a service where you can enjoy music, sports and news from all over the world.|
|Pandora||Pandora is a free, personalized Internet radio service that plays the music you know and helps you discover music you'll love. You can select Internet radio stations by Artist, Song, or Genre.|
|Spotify Connect||If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Onkyo receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.|
|Tidal (Via Future Firmware Update)||Tidal is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. Tidal has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access Tidal's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.|
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
Chromecast Built-in (Via Firmware Update): Chromecast Built-in, the same technology behind Chromecast, lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 2.3+) smartphone tablet, Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the Onkyo AV receiver and your connected speakers. Chromecast Built-in certified apps include Google Play Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and more (click here for a complete list of compatible apps). Additional Chromecast Built-in features include:
- Chromecast Built-in allows you to search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop.
- While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system.
- Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast Built-in compatible phone or tablet to cast music to you system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
AM/FM Tuner: With the built-in tuner you can enjoy AM and FM radio stations. You can store your favorite stations as presets for quick selection. You can store a combination of up to 40 of your favorite FM/AM radio stations as presets.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Onkyo TX-RZ610 features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1+LE) with support for profiles A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.3. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, & Mac laptop/computer, as well as other Bluetooth compatible devices to the Onkyo receiver.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the TX-RZ610 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You can use the receiver's IR remote control to operate basic playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. Advanced music browsing will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
- Song/Artist Information: The receiver will display song/artist information on its front-panel LCD and through its on-screen on your HDMI-connected TV. Album Art is not supported.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Onkyo receiver.
USB Mass Storage Class: This AV receiver is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The unit will recognize USB MSC devices formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 with up to 20,000 music files. You can control basic playback functions of your music library from the included remote control and receiver's on-screen menu; such as Folder/File Select, Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. Compatible music files include -
- Hi-Res Music Files: AIFF (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), ALAC (16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), FLAC (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), WAV (8/16/24-bit; 44.1-192kHz), DSD (1-bit; 2.8/5.6MHz)
- Low-Res Music Files: MP3 (8-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), WMA (5-320kbps; 44.1-48kHz), AAC (8-320kbps; 44.1-96kHz)
Notes: USB hubs and USB devices with hub functions are not supported. MP3 players containing music files that are managed with special music software are not supported. Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android devices are not supported via USB.
Zone 2: In addition to the main listening room, you can also enjoy audio playback from a different source in another room of your home using the receiver's Zone 2 function. The receiver features Zone 2 line-outputs, as well as Zone 2 speaker terminals. By using the line-level outputs on the TX-RZ610 you can connect an external receiver or integrated amplifier in a second room, allowing you to listen to 7.1ch surround in the main room and play a different audio source in another room of your home. By using the speaker-level outputs on the TX-RZ610, you can directly connect a secondary pair of speakers in another room of your home, allowing you to listen to 5.1ch surround sound in your main room and play a different audio source in the other room. The volume of Zone 2 is controlled from the receiver when using the speaker outputs and from your add-on integrated amp when using the line-level outputs.
- Compatible Zone Sources: Tuner, Analog, Optical/Coax Digital (2ch PCM only), USB, Network (not DSD), and Bluetooth audio sources can be sent to Zone 2.
- Incompatible Zone Sources: HDMI audio/video and analog video sources cannot be output to Zone 2.
Note: As for Network, USB, and Bluetooth sources; you cannot select different inputs for the main room and Zone 2. For example, if a Network source been selected in the main room and then Bluetooth is selected as playback source in Zone 2, the input in the main room will also change to the Bluetooth source. When listening to AM/FM radio, you cannot select different stations for the main room and Zone 2.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's dual HDMI outputs can simultaneously output the same HDMI audio/video signal to two TVs (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
FireConnect MultiRoom Audio: A future firmware update will enable any audio source connected to the receiver (from vinyl to streaming audio) to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect, Powered by Blackfire, over a WiFi connection to an optional Onkyo wireless speaker (scheduled for release in summer 2016) placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile app on your smartphone.
Note: Onkyo cannot guarantee the compatibility of its AV receivers with other devices featuring FireConnect.
Google Home Multiroom: Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song from a Chromecast built-in music app throughout your house at the same time. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
Onkyo Remote App (for Apple iOS & Android): The Onkyo Remote App (from Apple's App Store & Google Play) allows you to operate the Onkyo AV receiver from your Apple iOS (4.3+) or Android (2.1+) device, using your home's wireless network. The Onkyo Remote App lets you access Internet Radio stations, AM/FM stations, DLNA content, and Input sources right from your mobile device. Content information will be displayed on the device's touchscreen. You also get to adjust tone controls, listening modes, and speaker volume from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. The Onkyo Remote App even allows you to wirelessly stream audio stored on your Apple iOS or Android device to the Onkyo AV receiver and lets you control audio output for up to two Zones. The Onkyo AV receiver and your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home network.
Google Home Voice Commands: With the Google Home voice-activated speaker (8064658762, sold separately) and the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.2+), you can use your voice to control select functions of the Onkyo AV receiver. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music - all without lifting a finger.
IR Remote: The receiver comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of this receiver and other HDMI-connected sources (via HDMI CEC).
HDMI Control: This function allows HDMI-CEC compatible components or RIHD-compatible components connected via HDMI to be controlled with the TX-RZ610 . The AV receiver offers the following HDMI-CEC controls.
- The AV receiver will enter Standby mode when the power of the TV is turned to Standby.
- You can set on the menu screen of the TV to either output the audio from the speakers connected to the AV receiver, or from the speakers of the TV.
- It is possible to output the audio/video from the antenna or from the input jack of the TV from the speakers connected to the AV receiver.
- Input to the AV receiver can be selected with the remote controller of the TV.
- Operations such as volume adjustment or similar for the AV receiver can be performed from the remote controller of the TV.
Remote Connection: The TX-RZ610 contains a IR input, 12V trigger output, and a RS-232C port for custom remote integration.
- IR Input: The 3.5mm IR input jack allows you to control the receiver without line-of-sight access using an optional IR remote control system and locating the remote sensor in sight.
- 12V Trigger Out: The 12V trigger output (3.5mm) can be connected to the 12-volt trigger input on a power amplifier in Zone 2 for remote turn-on.
- RS-232C Port: The TX-RZ610 has an RS-232C port for connection to external control systems from companies, such as AMX or Crestron.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Assistance (HDMI only): The Onkyo AV receiver offers an on-screen (GUI) menu system through its HDMI output. The simple on-screen display combines text and graphics that make setup and other operations extremely easy. The initial setup assistant takes you step-by-step through speaker configuration, source connection, remote programming, and network connection.
Note: Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV, FLAC, and ALAC music files via USB.
Name Edit: You can enter a custom name for each individual input selector and radio preset for easy identification. When entered, the custom name will appear on the display. This function cannot be used for the AM/FM, Network, USB, and Bluetooth input selectors.
Display Dimmer: The front-panel display brightness has three settings - Dim, Dimmer, and Normal.
Timers: The receiver features a programmable Auto Standby function & programmable Sleep Timer.
- Auto Standby: The AV receiver will automatically go into Standby mode, if there is no operation for 20 minutes with no audio/video signal input.
- Sleep Timer: From the remote, you can set the unit to automatically turn off after 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
Firmware Updates: Future firmware updates are available from the Onkyo website through the receiver's Network or USB connection. Visit Onkyo's online Download Center for the latest firmware updates.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Great receiver on sale made it tough to pass up the opportunity to upgrade my 5.2 Sony to a higher end one with Atmos. [ F Mar 02, 2018 ]
Good reviews and a good price. [ Steve Feb 22, 2018 ]
Bluetooth [ Jeff Feb 19, 2018 ]
After reading many reviews I felt this would be a good choice . [ Charles Feb 13, 2018 ]
Great value for the price. [ James Feb 12, 2018 ]
Satisfied with previous Onkyo purchases. [ RUSSELL Feb 10, 2018 ]
good product [ Rodrigo Da Feb 10, 2018 ]
The main reason was it had the "Phono" input.Helps us old school folks stay old school but still move into the 21st century! [ Kevin Feb 06, 2018 ]
Good product at a great price. [ MICHAEL G Feb 04, 2018 ]
I was looking for a multi zone/room. The one thing that put this in the lead was it had a Phono input - I can play my vinyl [ Greg Feb 04, 2018 ]
Reputation of manufacturer and solid review across the internet [ Jeff Feb 03, 2018 ]
Reviews, plethora of input types, 4K upscaling. [ Richard Feb 03, 2018 ]
great reviews [ william samuel Jan 31, 2018 ]
Seemed like a good buy and good quality. [ Boris Jan 30, 2018 ]
Should be a good addition to my home theatre. [ Marc Jan 30, 2018 ]
Bought to replace a Sony receiver that no longer functions. Also appreciate the many features of this product that the old Sony didn't have. [ Thomas Jan 29, 2018 ]
Onkyo makes quality audio components [ Chad mathew Jan 25, 2018 ]
I have owned a Onkyo home theater receiver, which is still in use that I purchased from Crutchfield years ago. It is outdated, but still works and sounds great. I have always used Crutchfield for my music needs. I do not even look elsewhere to compare prices. [ Cecil Jan 25, 2018 ]
Solid looking product & good price. [ David Jan 25, 2018 ]
Good reviews and features for price. [ scott Jan 24, 2018 ]
Great price and features [ Russell Jan 24, 2018 ]
based on reviews and experience with Onkyo [ Joseph Jan 23, 2018 ]
I always know that Crutchfield has the best selection of components in every category. I needed to upgrade my home theater receiver to work with 4K. This was easily the best value anywhere. Can't wait to get it and set it up. [ Don Jan 21, 2018 ]
Replacement for old receiver. [ EDWIN D Jan 20, 2018 ]
price and functionality for blue tooth and wi-fi [ Jason Jan 20, 2018 ]
reviews, specs, comparing with other items of similar costs, wanted phone input [ eric Jan 19, 2018 ]
Advisor [ Kevin Jan 19, 2018 ]
It has all of the features I want and at a great price [ Terry Jan 17, 2018 ]
I have a TX-NR646 that just died and am replacing with newer model. [ David Jan 16, 2018 ]
Features, Price (value of the large discount off regular price), and the advice of your advisor (Peyton) [ Paul Jan 14, 2018 ]
Excellent reviews and good brand name. [ Randal Jan 13, 2018 ]
Best Bang for the Buck [ GREGORY Jan 12, 2018 ]
can't beat the price/features ratio. [ J Jan 12, 2018 ]
I chatted with Max online and this was his suggestion. [ H Jan 12, 2018 ]
The features I wanted for a fair price, no tax, and free shipping! [ John Jan 11, 2018 ]
EXCELLENT VALUE AND I HAVE PURCHASED FROM CRUTCHFIELD BEFORE. GREAT SERVICE! [ David Jan 08, 2018 ]
Manny at Crutchfield walked through many features and options and he suggested this unit. The great savings made it a no-brainer for such a great unit. [ Corey Jan 06, 2018 ]
jenny [ richard Jan 06, 2018 ]
I spoke to Hunter...he was great! [ George Jan 05, 2018 ]
I needed a lot of HDMI connections - 2 XBox consoles, blue ray, cable box. computer. This unit has plenty for expansion, all of them HDCP 2.2. It is way more than what the recipient needs right now but they are moving next year and this AVR can grow to fit their needs. The discounted price was a help in deciding which unit to get. [ Gary Jan 05, 2018 ]
Salesperson recommendation [ E Jan 05, 2018 ]
PRIMERA VEZ QUE COMPRO EQUIPO DE ESTA MARCA; PERO SIEMPRE E SABIDO QUE ES BUEN EQIUPO Y POR LOS EXTRA QUE TIENE EL EQUIPO. [ JAVIER ADORNO Jan 04, 2018 ]
Onkyo are workhorses, never failed me yet [ D Jan 03, 2018 ]
Because the 3 year old Sony receiver died [ Massimo Jan 02, 2018 ]
This unit has great reviews and I have had Onkyo products in the past and they have worked very well. Crutchfield recommended also helps the decision to purchase this unit over others [ R Jan 02, 2018 ]
Great sale price ($430) and good features for the price [ Darren Dec 31, 2017 ]
Great deal!!!! [ charles Dec 31, 2017 ]
Bought a Denon 4 yrs. ago. Was returned for a firmware update after 20 months. after another 16 months another issue arose and unit out of warranty. VERY DISAPPOINTED !! [ Scott Dec 30, 2017 ]
Best value and configuration to suit my needs. [ Thomas R. Dec 30, 2017 ]
I've have a onkyo amp and pre-amp that i brought in the early 90's and it's working like a champ. [ Robert Dec 29, 2017 ]
This is a second Home Audio Receiver for my home. I currently have an Onkyo TX-NR656 that was recommended to me by Skip.. I purchased Onkyo Products back in the 70's & 80's before most people had even heard of The Onkyo Brand! [ David Dec 29, 2017 ]
price and features [ D Dec 28, 2017 ]
great price, free shipping, powerful unit [ Chris Dec 28, 2017 ]
My son needed a new receiver for his 5.1 surround system with room to expand in the future. The receiver had great reviews and was in the correct price range [ CLIFTON Dec 26, 2017 ]
recommendation by Crutchfield associates [ J Dec 23, 2017 ]
Excellent recommendations, a direct phono connection, 4K capability, we'll see how good it is when I replace my Yamaha [ David Dec 23, 2017 ]
Price an value! [ DARYL Dec 20, 2017 ]
Quality and price [ R Dec 18, 2017 ]
It has the features I want and the price was right. [ Joseph Dec 16, 2017 ]
To bring my audio and visual experiences back up to modern expectations. [ Corey Dec 16, 2017 ]
Phonograph input and price [ M Dec 15, 2017 ]
Husband wanted to upgrade from an older model [ Robin Dec 15, 2017 ]
Bought this because of the price and all the high tech features as compared to my 26 year old TEAC. [ R Dec 15, 2017 ]
I like Onkyo products [ Rod Dec 14, 2017 ]
Price and features [ P Dec 12, 2017 ]
I need to replace a 15+ year old TX-SR600. Onkyo quality has been impressive and the price on the 610 model is good. [ THOMAS Dec 11, 2017 ]
I chose the Onkyo high resolution unit because the price is a bargain for the high quality features and promised sound. The original price was $899 and the current price is $429. [ Terry Dec 11, 2017 ]
Many HDMI ports and component inputs [ Kevin Dec 09, 2017 ]
It had the best reviews of what I was looking for. Also it's a good receiver for my entertainment center. [ Ryan Dec 08, 2017 ]
Taylor, recommended this product, but I see yet. [ EDGARDO Dec 08, 2017 ]
With my questions answered by Colt I knew this was the right Onkyo to replace my old Onkyo 7.1 receiver. [ Ray Dec 07, 2017 ]
great price point for receiver with phono input [ John Dec 07, 2017 ]
Excellent reviews, great service, and outstanding pricing. [ Gary L. Dec 07, 2017 ]
Good price and good reviews. [ HONORIO DELA Dec 01, 2017 ]
It had all the options I was looking for. [ Raymond T. Nov 29, 2017 ]
Solid reviews (on-line and friends). I also remember this name brand from back in the day...so, I was familiar with the brand being associated with quality. [ John Nov 28, 2017 ]
Replacement for home entertainment. [ ron Nov 28, 2017 ]
price and good reviews [ paul Nov 28, 2017 ]
It was half off.!! [ Ron Nov 28, 2017 ]
After the recommendation of Morgan & explaining to him what I wanted & based on the equipment I already had [ ROBERT W Nov 28, 2017 ]
Good reviews after doing much research [ SHANE Nov 28, 2017 ]
I have an huge vinyl collection and needed inputs for turntable, CD, cassette plus interfaces for modern HDMI home theater. Front panel has a clean look. WI-FI and built-ins for streaming services a plus. Crutchfield very easy to deal with and delivers what they say! [ Timothy Nov 27, 2017 ]
Exceptional discount on a highly rated receiver to pair with a Procinema 800. [ TOM Nov 27, 2017 ]
Has all the bells and whistles I need for my home theater and stereo. Plus it's a reputable brand. [ J Nov 26, 2017 ]
because I bought a new 4k TV [ R Nov 26, 2017 ]
My husband was looking at 2 different models. He chose this one after chatting with Tatum from your company. He advised me that she was very knowledgeable and helpful. [ Deborah Nov 25, 2017 ]
Was happy with the last Onkyo reciever we had. Lasted about 15 years. Needed a new moderately priced home theater surround sound unit with Atmos potential and phono inputs. [ Phillip Nov 24, 2017 ]
1 have 3 receivers but none have WiFi, or 4k, 4k is a must [ steve Nov 24, 2017 ]
price and reviews [ R Nov 24, 2017 ]
Price/Options [ BRIAN Nov 22, 2017 ]
great price for a quality product [ Paul Nov 22, 2017 ]
Crutchfield Recommendation (Adam) [ Michael Nov 22, 2017 ]
4K upscaling, power and phono input [ Robert Nov 22, 2017 ]
Have bought onkyo from here for years. [ Ashley Nov 21, 2017 ]
I have been pleased with previous Onkyo home theater receivers. I will only by from Crutchfield due to high level of priority to serving me as a customer. [ Lester Dave Nov 21, 2017 ]
Black Friday sale and Sonny helped me me to close the deal. I love the service you are offering when I'm ready to make a purchase. Thanks [ Mark Nov 20, 2017 ]
I have had Onkyo for the last 8 years ! it went out today Tx- RZ610 has everything that I need to replace the older receiver and more @ a great price Thanks Crutchfield [ Vicky Nov 19, 2017 ]
reviews on line [ jack Nov 19, 2017 ]
I chose this not only because of the technical aspects and what it is capable of, but also because the brand name has a great reputation. [ Scott Nov 18, 2017 ]
Owned reliable Onkyo receivers previously and Garrett, the product advisor was able to answer all of my questions. Garrett was very helpful. [ Patricia Nov 17, 2017 ]
yes [ Auguste Nov 13, 2017 ]
Recommended by a friend and more funcionality for the price. [ Charles Nov 11, 2017 ]
Brand and Watts per channel. [ David Nov 10, 2017 ]
This is the third Onkyo Home theater system I've bought from Crutchfield, each having more updated features. I've purchased everything over the years from bookshelve speaakers to a 4k TV and am very satisfied with the Quality of brands available and ease of ordering. Shipping, follow up and customer service are some of the best reasons for shopping at Crutchfield. Thanks! [ Daniel Nov 08, 2017 ]
This is a birthday gift so hope I picked a good one [ Tammy Nov 03, 2017 ]
This is last year's model, and it discounted. The discount makes it the most attractive receiver on your site with these features. [ Leon Nov 02, 2017 ]
I liked the features and price just like the one i bought last year [ W Oct 29, 2017 ]
Had the features I wanted, looking forward to using this with my new turntable. Price reduction also make this purchase attractive. [ Shellback Oct 23, 2017 ]
recommended unit based on my components. free shipping. same price as amazon. crutchfield customer service. [ jim Oct 07, 2017 ]
Tech. knowledge and consumer reviews. [ Erik Oct 06, 2017 ]
Was looking at a Denon but wanted a phono and CD input (old school). Adam convinced me this was a great alternative to the Denon. Never owned an Onkyo but reviews were overall very good. [ J Oct 05, 2017 ]
Matches my Onkyo TX-SR620 most closely. I also checked several other retailers and their offers were not as complete as Crutchfield's. I'm replacing the SR620 because it's been in the shop 4 times since early 2016 [ Truman Oct 04, 2017 ]
Price and features [ Brandon Sep 24, 2017 ]
Reliability [ H Sep 17, 2017 ]
powerful with enough to make any surround sound the best...and has alot of ports so you can do almost anything with this .... great deal also on sale [ LARRY Sep 16, 2017 ]
I'm replacing an older receiver with NO HDMI .. A great receiver but old.. this one also has a "phono" input... [ Frank Sep 15, 2017 ]
Looks like a great value based on features for cost. [ WILLIAM Sep 09, 2017 ]
I needed more power and I wanted to prepare for 4K. [ JOHN Sep 06, 2017 ]
Had Onkyo products in the past and they've always been trouble free performers for me. [ William Aug 24, 2017 ]
Prior experience with Onkyo. Value. [ Steve Aug 21, 2017 ]
excellent reviews [ Paul Aug 11, 2017 ]
this is my third onkyo receiver from you guys. I love the sound of it. I recently bought a Sony receiver, but it never worked. [ KAREN G Aug 11, 2017 ]
I bought this receiver to replace an older Onkyo receiver I've had for about 8 years. I've owned several Onkyo receivers and have had great luck with each. Great sounding well optioned receivers and always a good value. I don't have much play time on this TX-RZ610 yet, but so far I like it, and if all the professional reviews prove to be true, I think it will be a great receiver. [ Jeff Aug 06, 2017 ]
The current A / V receiver is an Onkyo product. I have used it for a long time, but the sound and after service are good. I think it was a good choice. [ Yoon Aug 04, 2017 ]
Because my TX-NR5007 lost its hi def, blue ray was in stereo [ Algia Aug 03, 2017 ]
Chromecast Built In, Powered Zone 2, ethernet, 3 year warranty. [ PATRICK Aug 03, 2017 ]
I know it JAMS!!!! [ Keith Jul 30, 2017 ]
Reviews and price [ PAUL Jul 26, 2017 ]
Great deal for the price. [ Stephen Jul 24, 2017 ]
Been a fan of Onkyo for many years, they make a quality, reliable product. Needing to replace older Harman/Kardon receiver. This RZ610 model was on sale for a great price. Looking forward to having Dolby Atmos and DTS:X! [ Michael Jul 23, 2017 ]
GOOD PRICE. BEEN A CRUTCHFIELD PURCHASER IN YEARS PAST. GREAT INFO, CUSTOMER SERVICE. HAVE HAD ONKYO PRODUCTS FOR YEARS AND NEVER HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED. [ Stephen Jul 22, 2017 ]
I've owned Onkyo products for over 20 years and have never been let down. I chose this particular model due to its great value, superior quality and overall workmanship. In my opinion Onkyo products are the best on the market. I ordered from Crurchfield because your customer service is superb! [ Tony Jul 11, 2017 ]
phono input in price range and onkyo reputation. [ kim Jul 11, 2017 ]
I've been a fan of Onkyo for years. It's a well respected name in A/V Receivers. Mine died after a few years and would rather buy a new one with the latest technology and features. The price is compelling as well. [ Thomas Jul 03, 2017 ]
3rd Onkyo Receiver... [ Gregory Jul 02, 2017 ]
Best bang for the buck! [ James Jun 01, 2017 ]
Options and price [ STEPHEN P Jun 01, 2017 ]
My Yamaha receiver shorted out when using zone 2. I bought new outdoor speakers last fall and when doing yard work I am unable to listen to my outdoor speakers. Not a fan of Yamaha at all. [ Chris May 25, 2017 ]
Appropriate size and features; good price. Familiar with Onkyo. [ PETER May 17, 2017 ]
Looks like a very good value. [ Jerry May 09, 2017 ]
was going to go with the cheaper 656 model but this only cost a bit more so decided to go with the RZ series. this will be my first Onkyo. [ Brian Apr 18, 2017 ]
Replace older Onkyo receiver which is not fully functional with my 4K smart TV [ Denis Apr 16, 2017 ]
The Onkyo TX-RZ610 had all the features I wanted at a discounted price. [ Gerald Apr 13, 2017 ]
QUALITY AND PRICE REDUCTION [ STEVE Apr 04, 2017 ]
good brand and good price. [ James Mar 27, 2017 ]
Have purchased Onkyo in the past. The price is great for having all of the newest features that anyone would need, including zone 2. [ Keith Mar 26, 2017 ]
ive always used onkyo [ Bradford Feb 17, 2017 ]
i"m hoping it works with the speakers [ james Dec 31, 2016 ]
18 questions already asked
Not the rear pair, no. The additional channels can be used to bi-amp the primary front left & right channels though. [ Ryan Mar 17, 2018 ] Staff
Richard, Not sure. [ CLIFF R Jan 23, 2018 ]
Having owned this receiver for three weeks now and planning on making wireless headphones my next purchase I have to agree with richard s, the BT only works for a source, not for output. I'm thinking of returning and after reviewing several manuals of competing units it appears that at this price point the same is true for Denon. However, Yamaha and Sony do offer BT output. It's nice that Crutchfield offers the manuals - Be sure to read carefully before buy. I wish I had. Other than this issue - I love everything else about the TX-RZ610. [ Kyle Jan 15, 2018 ]
No problem [ David Neil Jan 09, 2018 ]
No, you have to have an external blue tooth box. This is not related to your question. But, I'd like to point out one thing why I chose this box. This is the only A/V box has power amp built in for the zone-2. Setting up is a bit challenging. -R [ richard Jan 09, 2018 ]
yes [ Truman Jan 09, 2018 ]
Yes. During initial setup of your tuner select bi amp [ Keith Jan 05, 2018 ]
95% sure zone 2 plays the same as surround. Playing seperately that is newer technology. [ Harry Dec 26, 2017 ]
After speaking with Crutchfield customer and technical support, I turned up the sub output in the speaker settings. This increased the sub output, but no by much. After checking all of the settings, I tried turning off the AccuEQ and that did the trick! What a difference this made. Maybe more small room size had an adverse effect when I set things up, I don't know. This receiver sounds excellent now! [ Edwin Dec 31, 2017 ]
I originally had my Prosub 1000 connected to this, then later my SVS SB13 Ultra. I haven't had any issues with subwoofer output. I had a Dennon before the Onkyo and have not noticed any lower output since swapping receivers. [ ADAM Dec 27, 2017 ]
Yes .... Very low almost non existent! Don't know what to do about it???? [ marc Dec 27, 2017 ]
The outputs to the subwoofer and to zone 2 are very low. I had to increase the sub plus 10db using the controller app. I have not found a good solution for increasing the signal on zone 2. [ Badger Fan Dec 27, 2017 ]
I am using a Yamaha sub-woofer and am able to get good out put by adjusting both the specific volume through the receiver and adjusting the volume control on the sub-woofer itself. [ Jerry Dec 27, 2017 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer, or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Dec 27, 2017 ] Staff
Manual says; it is compatible with USB mass storage devices class standard. It is also compatible with USB storage devices using the FAT16 or FAT32 file system formats. -R [ richard Jan 09, 2018 ]
No. Unfortunately, the USB drive isn't exposed as an accessible drive on a network. [ Darron Nov 28, 2017 ]
James H is correct. Unfortunately, the USB drive isn't exposed as an accessible drive on a network. Another option would be to get a USB extender cable so you don't have to access the rear panel with every USB drive change. [ Darron Nov 28, 2017 ]
I don't believe that will work, at least it doesn't for me. An alternative is to load music server software on your computer and use the receiver's network capability to access music files. I use Asset UPnP, which is free. [ James Nov 26, 2017 ]
Unknown. I don't have an IPad. [ PETER Nov 10, 2017 ]
Yes you can. [ Jerome Nov 10, 2017 ]
The previous 4/25/2017 firmware update (Version 2059-0030-4040-0008), added support for Chromecast. The latest firmware version is: 8/31/2017 2079-2040-5050-0008 and can be downloaded from Onkyo. [ Darron Sep 28, 2017 ]
The update has been loaded. [ James A. Sep 28, 2017 ]
It does accept google chrome devices. [ Michael Sep 28, 2017 ]
I am unsure but on the last page of the manual it has a Hi-Res Audio symbol [ Emil Sep 22, 2017 ]
1 answer i like home theater and i have a good system. Movies are one thing. But i want a receiver that will reproduce music as it's recorded. I don't want to amplify anything, reproduce anything, tweak settings, etc. I want to hear a violin in the orchestra pit, i want to hear a guitar straight as recorded, i want to hear depth. Not just volume. Can this receiver do that? [ m Sep 02, 2017 ]
A theater receiver like this one will have a direct mode where audio from the input source is output without surround-sound processing to deliver pure sound with minimum sound quality adjustment and filtration. That will help you with your goals. There are other technologies that also help with listening to music to bring out all its details and have even less processing. I recommend contacting an advisor on 1-800-324-9695 if you want to explore those options too. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Sep 08, 2017 ] Staff
There is not an usb port on the front of this unit. [ Jerry Aug 10, 2017 ]
The Onkyo TX-RZ610's USB port allows you to enjoy a variety of audio files from a USB storage device. However, I'm afraid it doesn't support video and/or photo playback via the USB input. For more details or to discuss further, please feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. [ Larry Aug 09, 2017 ] Staff
The 6th and 7th outputs can be configured as either "surround back" or "height" channels in the Onkyo receiver's settings; but there doesn't appear any option for "width" speakers. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. Thanks! My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/advisors/larry [ Larry Jun 06, 2017 ] Staff
There is an "AccuEQ Room Calibration" procedure using a supplied speaker setup microphone. This is described on page 18 in the manual. Worked for me! [ Martin May 29, 2017 ]
The set up menu contains a "Dolby Loudness Management" and a Late Night volume control. [ J Kevin May 29, 2017 ]
It has the self programming eq where you hook a microphone up and put it at the center listening postion. Receiver then plays test tones and forms equalizer settings. They can be used for all speakers, center only, or completely turned off. It also has preset equalizer that you can adjust manually. [ John May 29, 2017 ]
If by racked you mean sliding it into an open slot in your stereo cabinet, yes. It doesn't have mounting holes if your cabinet requires them. I slid it into the old receiver slot in my cabinet and it worked fine. You do have to allow for the two 802.11 wireless antennas on the back if you need better reception. [ BRYAN Apr 12, 2017 ]
Yes, if your device supports the ARC. I use the TV to listen to music via the HDMI cable. -R [ richard Jan 09, 2018 ]
Sorry, no. You can view the "Compatible" and "Incompatible" Zone 2 sources by clicking on the "Details" tab on the receiver's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table. [ Ryan Apr 05, 2017 ] Staff
The receiver is Atmos capable, yes. The 6th & 7th channels can be configured to power two overhead Atmos speakers for the 5.1.2 (or 5.2.2 if you will be using two powered subs) configuration. You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the receiver's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table. I hope that helps. My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Mar 25, 2017 ] Staff