Bose® Acoustimass® 6 Series V home theater speaker system
Our take on the Bose® Acoustimass® 6 Series V home theater speaker system by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Turn up the excitement in your movies, games, and music
Bose knows that engaging surround sound doesn't have to mean bulky speakers cluttering your room, that's why they created the Acoustimass® 6 Series V home theater speaker system. With its five tiny satellites and a compact bass module, this system virtually hides itself anywhere you put it — giving center stage to your favorite action hero or musical artist, not the speakers. Pair it with your A/V receiver for rich, spacious surround sound the whole family will enjoy.
Keep your living space open for living
The five Virtually Invisible® Series II satellite speakers feature a slim-profile design that will look right at home next to your flat-panel TV. Optional brackets (not included) allow you to mount them on the wall or the ceiling. Or use Bose's optional table or floor stands to elegantly place them anywhere in your room. This system's sleek, powered Acoustimass® module delivers potent bass, and easily tucks away behind a table or couch. Clearly marked cables make setup exceptionally quick and easy. And Bose's solid build quality and electronic protection circuitry ensure that this system will fill your room with great sound for years to come.
- includes 5 Virtually Invisible® Series II speakers and a powered Acoustimass® module
- recommended power 10-150 watts with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- Virtually Invisible® Series II speakers
- one 2-1/2" Twiddler speaker inside each cube
- 3-1/4"W x 3-3/4"H x 3-3/8"D
- Acoustimass® module
- built-in amplifier (connects to AC outlet for power)
- one 5-1/4" woofer
- adjustable controls for volume and low-frequency effects
- 8-1/8"W x 16-3/8"H x 22-3/8"D
- clearly marked cables and connectors included for easy installation
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 1 year amp
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 5 Cube speakers
- Powered acoustimass module
- 59" AC power cord
- 20' System input cable (has a 15-pin female connector on one end and tinned wire/single male RCA jack on the other)
- Three 20' front/center speaker cables (each has a male RCA connector on one end and a proprietary connector on the other)
- Two 50' rear speaker cables (each has a male RCA connector on one end and a proprietary connector on the other)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Guide
- Setup Guide
- "Our Commitment To You" Letter
- "Global Support Regions" note
Thank you Crutchfield for my Bose 6 series speakers it sound so Beautiful with my Yamaha receiver,you guys are amazing
Boyd, Pooler, GA
Bose® Acoustimass® 6 Series V home theater speaker system Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||N/A|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||31-36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-150|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||Not Given|
|Main Speakers (inches)||3-3/4H x 3-5/16W x 3-3/8D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||3-3/4H x 3-5/16W x 3-3/8D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||3-3/4H x 3-5/16W x 3-3/8D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||16-5/16H x 8-1/8W x 22-5/16D|
5 Speaker & Powered Sub System: The Bose Acoustimass 6 (V) system features five cube speaker arrays and a powered acoustimass module. This combination produces a powerful and realistic home theater experience. System and speakers cables are also included.
Cube Speakers: The five compact cube speakers deliver open, spacious sound throughout the listening area. You'll hear enhanced surround sound and exceptionally lifelike stereo with a larger soundstage. Each of the five cube speakers feature a single 2.5" wide-range Twiddler.
Powered Acoustimass Module: The Acoustimass module uses a proprietary enclosure and patented technologies to produce deep, rich bass with clarity and balance. The powered Acoustimass module uses a single 5.25" high-excursion paper cone woofer with a foam surround, powered by a built-in amplifier.
- Integrated Signal Processing: The Bose patented integrated signal processing compensates for the human ear's reduced sensitivity to bass at low volumes. You hear the proper balance of deep bass, even at very low, late-night listening levels and dialogue continues to sound natural.
- LFE & Bass Level Control: The LFE control increases or decreases the relative level of low-frequency effects on movie soundtracks. The Bass control increases or decreases the bass level of the Acoustimass module.
- Automatic System Protection Circuitry: When played at high volume, this system's automatic protection circuitry activates to prevent damage to the system from electrical stress or overload. When this happens you may notice a slight decrease in volume, which is normal.
Audio Connections & Speaker Cables: The Bose AM6 (V) system features dedicated connectors on the back of the Acoustimass module and speakers. A system cable and speaker wire are included.
- Audio Input: The Acoustimass module is fitted with a 15-pin male jack for use with supplied 20' system input cable; the other end of the system input cable has tinned wire that connects to the left front, right front, center, left rear and right rear speaker outputs & a mono male RCA plug that connects to the subwoofer output of the A/V receiver or amplifier.
- Audio Output: The Acoustimass module also features 5 RCA jacks (Left Front, Right Front, Center, Left Rear, & Right Rear) that connect directly to the cube speaker arrays proprietary terminals, using the supplied 20' and 50' speaker cables.
- Power Cord: The powered Acoustimass module features a detachable 7.75' AC power cord.
Mounting Options & Placement: The Bose AM6 (V) system offers flexible placement for the speakers and Acoustimass module.
- Speaker Mounting: These speakers can be simply table-top mounted, or you can mount the speakers on wall-brackets, floor-stands, or table-stands (all sold separately).
- Acoustimass Module Placement: For best sound quality, the Acoustimass module should be placed on the floor against the same wall as the television and center speaker, with an electrical outlet nearby for the power cord.
Recommended Power: The Bose AM6 (V) speaker system is compatible with AV receivers and amplifiers rated from 10 to 150 watts per channel, rated from 4 to 8 ohms.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Father has had Bose surround sound for 15+ years which I have used for that time, they have always sounded great and still do. [ Christopher Mar 15, 2018 ]
Equipment liability and sales values. [ Lucas de Lima Nov 20, 2017 ]
What Can I say its BOSE [ Mark L. Oct 22, 2017 ]
Prior experience with Bose. [ Brian Jun 06, 2017 ]
Superb sound from a reliable brand. [ CRAIG Apr 07, 2017 ]
We always wanted a Bose surround sound system for our new theater room. This one was affordable and provided ceiling mountable speakers which we need to keep them out of the reach of the grandkids! [ Stephen Feb 25, 2017 ]
happy with this product over denon [ Bisco Oct 16, 2016 ]
Bose is the best! [ james Jul 06, 2016 ]
14 questions already asked
We don't research the propriety connections that come on their modules to see which, if any, can be used in other systems. I recommend contacting Bose on 800-999-2673 as they should know. You might even try calling Bose Parts using 800-367-4008 to see if you can get a replacement acoustimass module by itself! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Mar 18, 2018 ] Staff
Yes. The Bose Accoustimass 6 Series Speaker System will work with the Yamaha TSR-5810. The receiver has enough speaker outputs to accommodate this Bose system. [ Mark L. Nov 19, 2017 ]
Yes...but not well. These speakers seems to require lots of power. I ended up buying a much more powerful receiver to get these speakers to sound good (in my opinion). I went with this rig because of the size...if I could do it over again I would go with something different. I hate the proprietary plugs and subwoofer system...it is quite limiting. [ David Jan 05, 2018 ]
Yes I'm sure, but you may want a 7 channel with your set up. I'm using the RX-481 [ Shelley Dec 27, 2017 ]
Looking at the back of the 635, it looks like they will. I love mine. [ Thomas Oct 01, 2017 ]
No, these speakers are wired. [ Anand Jul 11, 2017 ]
No wireless speakers still don't deliver the quality I like [ GARRET Jul 11, 2017 ]
I'm afraid we don't carry the Bose 901 speakers here at Crutchfield. For more information on the Bose speaker models we offer, I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine compatibility with your Sony components in greater detail. [ Larry Mar 22, 2017 ] Staff
This Bose speaker system will work with that Sony receiver. They are a good match! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Mar 10, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Kenny Oct 29, 2016 ] Staff
I don't think it would connect easily. There is a big ribbon cable that goes from the sub-woofer to the source (in my case a surround receiver). That end has bare wires so depending on your connections on the smart-tv you may have a hard time. I installed quick connectors to go into my stereo spring clips. If you don't mind installing connectors, you'll be fine. PS I love the system. [ Charlton Oct 18, 2016 ]
It is actually straight forward. Make sure you connect the wires (these are tinned, shouldered wire) to the back of the amp starting with the subwoofer line, Then in order the wires that follow the subwoofer connection, Red and black to left, then center, then surround. Its a little tight, make sure have them snugged down. [ Lola Oct 18, 2016 ]
The Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V speaker system will require an external receiver or amplifier of some kind to power the included speakers. A receiver would also allow you to connect your A/V sources so audio can be heard through the Bose Acoustimass speakers. If you'd like help selecting a new receiver to complement the Bose speakers, feel free to reach out to an Advisor by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. I hope that helps! [ Larry Oct 20, 2016 ] Staff
Our have to buy the brackets to.hang them. You will also have to rewire the speaker to mount on the bracket. Requires cutting the stock plug connector off, then stripping the end of the wires and attaching them directly to the mount. Speaker them slides and locks into the mount. Took approx 2 hours to install the 5 speakers. [ John Feb 20, 2016 ]
The Bose AM6 (V) system features proprietary connectors on the back of the Acoustimass module and speakers, so you wouldn't be able to use your existing in-wall wiring to connect this system. [ Larry Dec 04, 2015 ] Staff
The way the system works is that the main connection cable (a big ribbon cable) screws in to the bass module and the other end connects to your surround sound system. Those are bare wire connectors. So, my smart TV plugs in to the surround sound receiver by HDMI and the Bose system connects to the receiver by its proprietary cable. The the surround speakers connect to the base module with more proprietary wires. If you get this system, be careful about the connections. After connection, I did a sound analysis and some of the speakers were out of phase even though all the wires were connected correctly. I needed to switch the positive and negative terminals at the receiver to get the speakers properly in phase. [ Charlton Nov 06, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: They could if they have a 7 channel receiver but it would be out of sync with the Bose system because the Bose speakers run thru the Acoustimass module, so No you really cant. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Aug 11, 2015 ] Staff
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
$999.99Add to Cart
Get even more room-filling sound and punch
The Bose® Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system offers these features:
five dual-speaker satellite arrays
an additional 5-1/4" woofer in the powered bass module
higher power handling capabilities