In-wall Bluetooth® input module for Russound A-BUS systems
- in-wall Bluetooth® input module for Russound A-BUS systems
- stream music from your phone, tablet, computer, or other Bluetooth device
- automatic source switching when a signal is detected
- aptX® audio encoding for high-quality streaming from compatible devices
- wireless streaming range of up to 50 feet
- use multiple BTA-2s in a whole-house audio system
- supports custom naming and passwords for each unit
- uses standard A-BUS (CAT-5 or CAT-6) wiring back to system hub
- mounts to a single-gang electrical box
- blue LED indicator light for pairing status
- 1-7/16" W x 3-1/2" H x 2-7/16" D
- weight: 1.6 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-wall Bluetooth A-BUS module
- 31" miniUSB-to-USB cable
- 2 Screws
- Installation Manual
Terrific product! I had an old iphone dock which was useless. I should have purchased this Bluetooth years ago!
Anonymous, Brooklyn, NY
Russound BTA-2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Bluetooth A-BUS Module: The BTA-2 is a wall-mounted local input Bluetooth module for the purpose of streaming audio from sources such as smartphones, tablets and computers, etc. with Bluetooth capability, to a Russound A-BUS distribution hub (sold separately).
Bluetooth 4.0 w/ aptX: The Russound BT-A2 incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and wireless audio control (AVRCP). In addition to supporting the standard Bluetooth codec (SBC), the BTA-2 also supports aptX audio encoding for a higher quality audio signal whenever an aptX-enabled Bluetooth device (many Android and Mac computers) is utilized as the music source. The Russound BTA-2 a wireless Bluetooth range of up to 50' (depending on surround environment and conditions).
- Whenever a Bluetooth signal is received, the BTA-2 will automatically switch the active audio source to the Bluetooth device, making it simple and easy to use. This local connection will remain until pairing is disconnected or the Bluetooth device is out of range for longer than 3 minutes.
- The audio output level from Bluetooth enabled devices can vary from brand to brand. The BTA-2 has been adjusted to be equal to the output of most Bluetooth devices; in some cases the level may be higher. Most devices have their own adjustable volume level and it is recommended that this is used to adjust the output level to match the main audio source's volume level.
RJ-45 Connectivity: The BTA-2 is connected to the CAT-5/CAT-6 cable line (no longer than 150') between the Russound A-BUS hub and the Russound A-BUS keypad using RJ-45 connectors. It also can be wired in series with other local input modules along the CAT-5/CAT-6 cable. The local input module closest to the room's Russound A-BUS amplified module, will be the master.
Note: The BTA-2 is connected from its output socket to any A-BUS hub with an input or Expansion Input. It can also be inserted in a main source CAT-5 cable between input module and hub, overriding the main source when paired.
Room Identification: The BTA-2 is identified by an individual code number beginning with the prefix AB (ABxxx). The identification code can be replaced with individual room name identification (eg. Bedroom, Study, Patio, etc,) prior to installation. Visit Russound's website to download the renaming software onto a Windows PC and connect the BTA-2 with the included miniUSB-to-USB cable supplied and follow the on-screen prompts. For installations where more than one BTA-2 is desired, this same Windows software application can be used to custom name each Bluetooth module.
Note: When pairing for the first time, a security code is required. The default code is 1234. The four digit number can be changed or switched off in the room naming software. Individual room naming and discrete security pairing code, must be changed with the renaming software prior to installation.
Mounting Options: The Russound BTA-2 installs easily in a 1-gang box and will also require a decor plate.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. [ Krissy Aug 08, 2018 ] Staff
Yes. The BTA-2 is compatible with the AH-484. I hope that helps. My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Ryan [ Ryan Mar 08, 2018 ] Staff