Klipsch Reference R-41SA
Dolby Atmos® enabled add-on speakers
Our take on the Klipsch Reference R-41SA by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Take your Klipsch home theater to a higher level
Maybe you've heard about Dolby Atmos. It's an expanded type of surround sound that enhances your movie soundtracks by accurately positioning sounds all around you — including above you. If you've got Reference tower speakers, the add-on R-41SA pair lets you add "height" sound effects to movie night.
How do they work?
Each R-14SA speaker has a 4" woofer and a horn-loaded tweeter on its top baffle. These drivers are angled to reflect sound off of your ceiling and back down to your listening position. These compact add-on modules sit right on top of your existing Reference speakers. Use a pair with your front speakers for a "5.1.2" system. With a compatible receiver, you can even add another pair to the rear surround speakers for an even more enveloping experience.
The R-41SA can also be wall-mounted for use as regular surround speakers.
Does your receiver have what it takes?
You'll need a home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos in order to get enhanced surround sound with these speakers.
Build a complete Klipsch Reference Dolby Atmos system
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-610F, Klipsch R-620F, and Klipsch R-820F
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-41M and Klipsch R-51M
Center channel: Klipsch Reference R-34C and Klipsch R-52C
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- Dolby Atmos add-on speakers
- designed to sit on top of floor-standing front or back speakers
- drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling, for a heightened soundstage and overhead effects
- connect to a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver's height channels
- can also be used as wall-mounted standard surround speakers
- 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum tweeter
- 4" spun copper IMG (injection-molded graphite) woofer
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- frequency response: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- MDF cabinet with durable textured wood grain vinyl finish
- anti-vibration rubber feet and built-in keyhole slot wall-mounting brackets (mounting screws not included)
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- 5-3/4"W x 7"H x 13"D
- weight: 6 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee