XM Onyx EZ
Dock & Play satellite radio with vehicle kit (subscription sold separately by SiriusXM)
Our take on the XM Onyx EZ by Crutchfield's Jon P.
The XM Onyx EZ has an easy-to-read blue display
Take SiriusXM on the road
XM's Onyx EZ Dock & Play satellite radio gives you everything SiriusXM has to offer in a compact, portable package that's ready for the road. The package includes a car kit with everything you need to enjoy SiriusXM in your vehicle.
Easy to read, easy to use
The Onyx EZ features an easy-to-read blue display that lets you view artist name, song or program title, and channel information all at the same time. You can store up to 10 favorite channels for one-touch access. Plus, the handy One-Touch Jump™ button lets you switch back to the last channel you were listening to, or check out traffic and weather.
A complete kit for your car
For best performance, use the Aux In cable that's included with the Onyx EZ kit. If your car's radio doesn't have an aux input, you can also use the included SiriusXM PowerConnect™ system to deliver clear sound through your vehicle's FM radio. You'll also get the other accessories you'll need for installation in your car — a car cradle and antenna, plus dash and vent mounts. If you have an older car, the Onyx will also work with a cassette adapter (sold separately).
Note: A subscription is required and sold separately by SiriusXM. Some channels not available in all packages. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states — not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories.
- Dock & Play XM satellite radio
- blue display shows artist, song or program, and channel information
- 10 channel presets
- PowerConnect system includes auxiliary output cable and power adapter/FM transmitter
- includes car accessories: docking station and roof-mount antenna
- includes an adhesive dash mount and vent mount
- dimensions: 4-1/2" W x 2-7/16" H x 3/4" D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Portable SiriusXM Satellite Radio Receiver
- Vehicle cradle dock
- Magnetic vehicle antenna (w/ attached 22.75' cable terminated by single SMB connector)
- PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter (w/ attached 55" DC cord)
- 4' Stereo minijack cable (w/ a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Vent mount
- 2 Extended vent clamps
- Rubber antenna cable wedge
- 2 Alcohol Prep Pads
- 4 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty Information
- "Additional User Documents/Warning" note
- Accessory Guide brochure
Easy to use and install. Good sound.
Walter, Reedley, Ca
XM Onyx EZ Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
OnyX EZ Dock & Play Radio: The OnyX EZ Dock & Play Radio + Home Kit provides SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming in your home or office. The OnyX EZ Dock & Play Radio lets you pause, rewind, & replay live SiriusXM Radio. You can view the artist name, song or program title and channel info on its 3-line graphic display. And with optional accessories you can listen to the onyX EZ Dock & Play Radio in your vehicle, in another room or location, or even outdoors (optional accessories sold separately). All with just one SiriusXM subscription.
Note: The OnyX EZ Dock & Play Radio + Home Kit requires a SiriusXM subscription.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The OnyX EZ Satellite Radio receiver supports limited SiriusXM programming only (some SiriusXM channels not available). This Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. You can easily add this XM tuner to an existing SiriusXM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Large Multi-Line Display: The OnyX EZ Satellite Radio receiver features a large multi-line blue display which lets you view artist name, song title, and channel information. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of the unit's display.
Tuning Functions: The OnyX EZ offers a variety of tuning functions.
- Real-Time Channel Guide: The unit's Real-Time Channel Guide allows you to browse programs, artists, and songs playing on other channels, without having to change the channel you are currently listening to.
- Channel Scan: You can scan a category and listen to each channel in the category for 10 seconds before the next channel is automatically tuned.
- Favorite Presets: You can save and enjoy fast access to up to 10 of your favorite SiriusXM Satellite Radio channels.
- One-Touch Jump: The One-Touch Jump function allows you to directly access traffic or weather of the 22 most congested cities, or go back to the previous channel to which you were listening.
- Direct: The Direct button allows you directly tune in an SiriusXM Satellite Radio station, using the keypad (0-9) on the front-panel of the satellite radio receiver.
- Parental Controls: You can easily lock and unlock channels or an entire category with mature content. The Parent Control feature is protect by a 4-digit code.
Auto Shut-Off: When the onyX EZ is in the vehicle dock, and Auto Shut Off has been enabled, the plug & play radio will automatically shut off after 8 hours of inactivity, when no buttons have pressed. This features prevents the vehicle battery from being discharged if you forget to turn the unit off.
Vehicle Dock: The OnyX EZ satellite radio receiver comes supplied with a vehicle dock which allows you to listen to SiriusXM Satellite Radio in your vehicle. The vehicle dock has color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock also has a rear-panel wire-guide that can help you organize the cables and wires connected to the dock. The OnyX EZ satellite dadio receiver's vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer SiriusXM Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio system.
- PowerConnect: The OnyX EZ satellite radio receiver comes supplied with the PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter which allows the satellite radio receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash headunit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
- Auxiliary: The OnyX EZ satellite radio receiver's vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash headunit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your headunit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the satellite receiver's vehicle dock FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the receiver's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Magnetic Antenna: The unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Mounting: The mounting location of the onyX EZ should be easily accessible for controlling the unit and provide good visibility of the unit's display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The OnyX EZ satellite receiver comes with two mounting options.
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The onyX EZ includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
- Vent-Mount: The onyX EZ also includes a plastic mount which allows to you to clip the unit onto one of your vehicle's dash vents.
Note: When mounting the onyX EZ in your vehicle, choose a location where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or obstruct the air bag.
Optional Accessories: A vehicle kit, boombox, and additional home kit is available for the SiriusXM onyX EZ radio.
- Home Kit: An optional home kit (220SXDH3, sold separately) allows you to listen to SiriusXM Radio in your home or at the office.
- Boombox: The optional Portable Speaker Dock (220SXSD2, sold separately) lets you enjoy SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming in your home, at the office, or on the deck.
- Additional Vehicle Kit: An additional vehicle kit (22SXDV3, sold separately) can be purchased to install the SiriusXM onyX EZ satellite radio receiver in another vehicle.
onyX EZ Receiver:
- Width = 4.535"
- Height = 2.375"
- Depth = 0.735"
- Width = 3.985"
- Height = 2.515"
- Depth = 1.195"
Receiver in Car Cradle:
- Width = 4.545"
- Height = 3.055"
- Depth = 1.335"
- Width = 1.395"
- Height = 0.565"
- Depth = 1.735"
- Cable Length = 22.75'
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I have one just like it and love it .This one is for my wife. [ Stanley Sep 08, 2017 ]
The last one I had just broke so I ordered a new one the last one I had for 10 years [ John frederick Apr 22, 2017 ]
This came with receiver. I am going to use Pandora with IPhone. I had 3 XM services. I had 2 disconnected do to XM/Sirius being soooo difficult to deal with on subscription renewals and the foreigners they use for support. [ B Apr 08, 2017 ]
birthday gift for mom, basic features that she likes, in and out of the car [ Jason Feb 24, 2017 ]
Easy installation [ Walter Oct 30, 2016 ]
Needed [ VANCE Jul 14, 2016 ]
I have ordered three automotive stereo systems from Crutchfield within the last 5 years, always what I ordered with timely delivery. [ James D. May 26, 2016 ]
tried replacing factory unit with a nice system from cruthfied , but did not work well with cars operating systems. So this is my solution for the stock radio , I can use my sirus subscription with factory unit [ EMILIO Apr 05, 2016 ]
Have one that works great but needed another for a different location. [ Robert Mar 22, 2016 ]
I have an older version (XM Snap) of this kit and have really enjoyed it over the years and it is still going strong! Purchasing this one as a gift for my retired traveling in-laws to enjoy in their motorhome, they will love it. [ Tim Dec 08, 2015 ]
Most compatible with the boombox purchased. [ MARGERY Dec 07, 2015 ]
2 questions already asked
1 answer The XM receiver in the stock radio in my 2008 Buick Enclave has stopped receiving signal and I would like to use this instead of replacing the entire factory head unit.(The rest of the functions of the head unit work fine it is just the XM portion that has stopped working) Can I use the antenna lead that feeds the stock radio or do I need to use the antenna included in the kit? [ E Bensen Aug 16, 2014 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Aug 16, 2014 ] Staff
If your car's radio doesn't have an aux input, you can also use the included SiriusXM PowerConnectT system to deliver clear sound through your vehicle's FM radio. [ Jeff Dec 18, 2013 ] Staff