2-channel amplifier — 30 watts x 2
Our take on the Yamaha PA2030 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Compact power amp for your business
The Yamaha PA2030 provides 30 watts of stereo power or 60 watts mono for a 70-volt system — perfect for a small eatery, conference center, or classroom.
Get a free system design
- efficient 2-channel class D power amplifier
- power output: 30 watts x 2, 60 watts x 1 bridged
- stereo balanced inputs with removable Phoenix style connectors (included)
- stereo RCA unbalanced inputs
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- 8-1/2"W x 2-1/8"H x 11-7/16"D
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2-Channel power amplifier
- 78" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- Two 3-pin Euroblock plugs
- Owner's Manual (3 copies: Eng / Fren / Span)
- Technical Specifications
This amp was the perfect choice for my client's dental practice. It drives the 70V speakers in the ceiling beautifully for background music from a streaming source. Build quality is top notch and power draw is minimal. Controls are simple and idiot-proof.
Jordan, Skokie, IL
Yamaha PA2030 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The PA Series of commercial amplifiers is a quick and easy solution to providing audio in restaurants, classrooms, retail spaces, and offices. The PA2030 accepts one stereo and two mono line inputs, allowing you to select from several different sources.
Output Power: The PA2030 will output 30 watts per channel x 2 channels at 3Ω or 4Ω (Lo-Z). It can also produce a 60 watt mono signal at 70V or 100V (Hi-Z). The amplifier has a 4-pin, 7.62mm barrier strip speaker terminal.
Connections and Controls:
- Front Panel:
- Volume: Rotary control adjusts the volume output to the speakers. Above the volume knob are two LEDs: the Volume Signal LED lights when the signal output exceeds a certain level; the Volume Limit LED lights to indicate the limiter has activated, and the volume needs to be turned down.
- Power Switch: The power switch lets you turn the amplifier on and off. A power LED to the left of the switch will glow when the unit is on. If the LED is flashing for 10 seconds or more, the internal temperature is too high. The power should be turned off to allow the amplifier to cool.
- Rear Panel:
- AC Power Input: An IEC 3-prong input for connecting the supplied power cord, or an optional power cord.
- Speaker Terminals: Barrier strip type speaker outputs. You can make high-impedance connections (100V or 70V) or low-impedance connections (3Ω/4Ω). Spade lugs (±0.23" outer width) or bare wire connections work best. (For Hi-Z connections, only terminals A+ and B- are used)
- Output Switch: This 3-way switch sets the output type of the amplifier: 100V (Hi-Z), 70V (Hi-Z), or 4Ω/3Ω (Lo-Z).
- DIP Switches: (see below)
- Line In: One stereo RCA line input (unbalanced) and two 3-pin Euroblock connectors (balanced) for connecting external sources. The signals input from the RCA and Euroblock jacks are mixed to the output. You can also connect the output of a Yamaha MA2030 to the RCA input.
DIP Switches: The amp features 8 DIP switches on the rear panel. These DIP switches let you configure the amplifier to suit your needs and application. The functions available are as follows:
|1 - Output||Sets the speaker impedance if the output switch is set to 4Ω/3Ω (low impedance connection)||Up: 4Ω|
|4 - Speaker EQ||Sets the speaker output to appropriate frequency characteristics for Yamaha commercial speakers||Up: Off|
|5 - Speaker EQ||If DIP switch 4 is set to On, this optimizes for the type of Yamaha commercial speakers||Up: Surface|
|7 - Mixer||Sets the speaker output to Stereo or Mono (when Low-impedance speakers are installed)||Up: Mono|
|DIP Switches 2, 3, 6, and 8 are not used|
Rack Mountable: With the optional RKH1 Rack-mount accessory kit, the PA2030 can be installed in a standard equipment rack. The amplifier will fit into a 1U rack space.
THD+N (Stereo In to Speaker Out):
- 1 kHz, 15 W, 3Ω/4Ω: ≤ 0.1%
- 1 kHz, 30 W, 70V/100V: ≤ 0.2%
- Line In to Line Out: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB, -2.5dB, +1.0dB)
- Line In to Speaker Out (1W, 3Ω/4Ω): 50 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB, -3.0dB, +1.0dB)
- Line In to Speaker Out (1W, 70V/100V): 90 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB, -3.0dB, +1.0dB)
Crosstalk: ≤ -70dB
Dimensions: Width 8.471", Height 2.136" Depth 11.382" (13" w/AC cord)
Weight: 4.0 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
It has the screw connectors for small gauge bare wires. Better than trying to put those wires under the collar of a typical speaker terminal. [ Jordan Jan 16, 2018 ]