Klipsch Reference R-610F
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 714R610F | MFR # 1065835
$149.99 each Earn up to 150 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Klipsch Reference R-610F by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Solid Klipsch sound
The Klipsch R-610F is a great introduction to the energetic, room-filling sound we've come to expect from a Klipsch tower. A pair of these speakers can help bring movie night to life as the front left and right channels of a home theater system. Or you can use them in a stereo setup and find new joy in your favorite tunes.
Iconic Klipsch design
Over the years, Klipsch has become famous for their Tractrix® horn-loaded tweeter. This design produces clear, accurate high frequencies. The R-610F uses this tweeter along with a 6-1/2" copper spun woofer to create natural, full-range sound with solid bass response. And it's very efficient, so you won't need a lot of power to drive it.
Build a complete Reference system
Add more bass to a pair of R-610Fs with a matching subwoofer, or team them with other Klipsch Reference speakers for high-impact home theater.
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-41M and Klipsch R-51M
Center channel: Klipsch R-34C and Klipsch R-52C
Surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-620F and Klipsch R-820F
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- frequency response: 45-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- power handling: up to 85 watts RMS (340 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum tweeter
- 6-1/2" copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing Tractrix® port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- removable grille offers a clean, streamlined look
- durable wood-grain vinyl finish
- gold-plated 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 9-7/16"W x 37"H x 15-1/8"D
- weight: 36 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (installed)
- 2 Feet
- 4 Screws
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Loudspeaker Feet note
Klipsch Reference R-610F Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||45-21k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-610F floorstanding loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
6.5" Copper-Spun IMG Woofer: The Klipsch R-610F floorstanding speaker houses a single 6.5" Copper-Spun IMG woofer. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Tapered Crossover: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a tapered array crossover (1.8kHz) to smooth the transition between the tweeter and woofer, improve midrange definition, and widen dispersion.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear-firing Tractrix port is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion or turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-610F floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-610F floorstanding speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Stabilizer Feet: The Klipsch R-610F includes two stabilizer feet that will need to be installed to the bottom of the speaker enclosure using the included hardware. Each stabilizer foot features two integrated rubber pads safe for hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
Note: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet installed, due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch R-610F floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately. The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Great price [ Robert Nov 16, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
Yeah, but it's real got the pair sittin right heeeerer! [ JOERAY Nov 16, 2018 ]
Frequently Compared With
Klipsch Reference R-610F
Polk Audio Signature S50
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-4000F
Klipsch Reference R-620F