Infinity Kappa 50.7cs
5-1/4" component speaker system
Our take on the Infinity Kappa 50.7cs by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Infinity Kappa component speaker systems boast an innovative low-impedance, high-efficiency design that'll provide plenty of clean, powerful output in your system.
The 50.7cs 5-1/4" component speaker system features a woven-glass-fiber woofer cone that delivers ultra-clean response. The Plus One+ cone design offers a larger surface area than other 5-1/4" speakers, for improved bass output and efficiency. Lightweight neodymium magnets drive the woofers with authority while saving weight an important consideration if you're trying to shave pounds off your performance car.
The dome tweeter produces detailed, lifelike sound that's easy on the ears. Infinity's Starfish mounting bracket allows the system's tweeters to be installed in most factory tweeter locations. If you don't have factory tweeters, the ingenious I-mount system helps you custom install the tweeters in almost any location.
The computer-optimized outboard crossover promotes a smooth transition between the woofer and tweeter for uniform response from the lows through the highs. You'll hear every note in perfect balance.
Important Note: These Infinity speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with all factory and aftermarket stereos.
Priced per system
- component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
- 2-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- 5-1/4" Plus One+ woven-glass-fiber woofer with hi-roll rubber surround
- 1" M.M.D. dome tweeter with multiple mounting options
- Starfish mounting bracket for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high- and low-pass) with adjustable tweeter attenuation settings
- power range: 2-85 watts RMS (255 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 55-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille rings
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 11" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Four 3/8" Flat head screws
- Two 3/8" Bolts
- 4 Washers (for flush mount cups)
- 8 Speed clips
- Two 0.191" Female quick-slides
- Two 0.114" Female quick-slides
- Warranty card
If you are looking for awesome sounding speakers. Look no further! The Kappa 50.7cs series does not disappoint!! I have them hooked up to my Alpine V12 (MRV-F407) that also powers my Kappa 12" Sub! My sound system has never sounded soooooo good! 92 Civic HB - fully dyamatted
Infinity Kappa 50.7cs Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||94|
|Frequency Response||55 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||85|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||255|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 11/16|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a cone significantly larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woven-Glass-Fiber Woofer Cones: The woven-glass-fiber woofer material is very light and extremely stiff, minimizing cone flex. This results in very low distortion and improved clarity.
Motor Structure: The new Kappas use a Neodymium motor structure with an integrated heat sink. This design provides a massive amount of energy while minimizing mounting depth and magnet diameter. The integrated heat sink cools the motor structure efficiently, thus increasing power handling while reducing distortion.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Tweeter Material: Each tweeter features a 1" edge-driven MMD (Metal Matrix Diaphragm) dome, resulting in increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output. This technology also allows for better integration with the woofer.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting
tweeters can be surface or flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting
Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.321" (screw depth)||0.763"||0.319" (screw depth)||0.514"||1.034"||1.013"|
Crossovers: Kappa component speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers, using audiophile quality air core inductors and polypropylene capacitors. Each crossover features an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz low-pass network for the woofer.
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The tweeter level may be set to "+3 dB" or "0 dB."
Crossover Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are gold-plated screw terminals that will accept up to 10 gauge wire.
Mounting: There are two mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: W=4.897", H=1.328", D=2.725"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.